RSS Language Problem... »  Show posts from    to     

Icy Phoenix


Old Support Topics - RSS Language Problem...



borbo [ Wed 10 Mar, 2010 02:46 ]
Post subject: RSS Language Problem...
Hello again...

My forums native language is Greek.

The problem is that rss feed are displayed such as " ÂãÜëôå ÷ñÞìáôá ìå ëßãá êëéê ôç ìÝñá ! "

The setting at languge files are

Quote:
$lang['ENCODING'] = 'ISO-8859-7';
//$lang['ENCODING'] = 'UTF-8';
$lang['ENCODING_ALT'] = 'ISO-8859-7';
$lang['DIRECTION'] = 'ltr';
$lang['HEADER_LANG'] = 'en-gb';
$lang['HEADER_XML_LANG'] = 'en-gb';


I also changed the value in ACP>News Configuration>Feed Language > iso-8859-7

Is this a database encoding problem?
How can i fix it?
Thank you !

EDIT...

My todays configuration is

Quote:
$lang['ENCODING'] = 'ISO-8859-7';
//$lang['ENCODING'] = 'UTF-8';
$lang['ENCODING_ALT'] = 'ISO-8859-7';
$lang['DIRECTION'] = 'ltr';
$lang['HEADER_LANG'] = 'el-GR';
$lang['HEADER_XML_LANG'] = 'el-GR';


and in ACP>News Configuration>Feed Language > utf-8

Results: Topic title is shown in greek but content is unundarstandable likeΓ�Γ£Γ�ëôΓ₯ Γ·Γ±Γ�ìÑôÑ Γ¬Γ₯ Γ«Γ�ãÑ ΓͺëéΓͺ ôç Γ¬Γ�Γ±Γ‘ !


Please help me....


borbo [ Thu 11 Mar, 2010 14:17 ]
Post subject: Re: RSS Language Problem...
Somebody Pleaaaaase?


Costa [ Thu 11 Mar, 2010 20:11 ]
Post subject: Re: RSS Language Problem...
υπομονή .....


patience ..... LoL


borbo [ Mon 15 Mar, 2010 00:37 ]
Post subject: Re: RSS Language Problem...
Any suggestion guys? Please ??? Why topic title is displayed correctly and topic content is not??

Any ideas?


Mighty Gorgon [ Thu 25 Mar, 2010 11:47 ]
Post subject: Re: RSS Language Problem...
Sorry, but I can't help with this.

Next version should be full UTF-8 so these kind of issues should be easily to solve.

I have no time to develop a fix for Icy Phoenix 1.3 as it is not easy and it is time consuming.


borbo [ Sun 28 Mar, 2010 18:34 ]
Post subject: Re: RSS Language Problem...
Thanks for the reply MG....Waiting to update !!


Mighty Gorgon [ Fri 02 Apr, 2010 10:00 ]
Post subject: Re: RSS Language Problem...
If your DB charset is set to UTF-8, if you set your lang charset to UTF-8 in lang_main_settings, then you can try to do this:

OPEN rss.php
FIND
Code: [Hide] [Select]
$topic_title = utf8_encode($topic_title);
$post_subject = utf8_encode($post_subject);
$message = utf8_encode($message);


Remove all utf8_encode from there...

I am not sure that it will work fine... but you can try.




Powered by Icy Phoenix