https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1997 ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 20 May, 2007 13:02 Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- Hi all, After more than 9 months of development I'm proud to announce the first official release of Icy Phoenix. As most of you already know, I left phpBB XS project because I didn't like something of the guidelines and I've decided to create this new package starting from phpBB XS. So many things have been changed since then, and almost all the files have been modified. Only few third party mods have been added, while all the previous features have been refreshed and integrated in a different way respect to phpBB XS. I've personally written many lines of brand new code while trying to give the package its own identity. The result is that Icy Phoenix is something more than just a premodded: files structure has been redesigned, overall CMS and blocks features let users customize existing pages as well as new pages, extended caching system to speed up sites navigation, more... The major advantages of Icy Phoenix are: [list][*]CMS management [*]phpBB permissions system and forum [*]Several integrated features to build a complete website [*]Many options in ACP to switch features and customize the site [*]Overall templates, language and caching system [*]Almost 100% XHTML 1.0 W3C compliant [*]Open Source[/list] Some disadvantages are: [list][*]Generates more CPU charge, memory usage and bandwidth than standard phpBB (this is the price to pay for having extra features) [*]If you want to add some mods created for phpBB you should know that this will require some extra work in Icy Phoenix, because of its different structure [*]Created by non-professionals, and this means that the package could have some bugs and the support may be delayed because provided by people who are sacrifying their free time for it[/list] During these months of development I've been helped a lot by all the Staff, both in supporting here and in beta testing... a big thanks to all the Staff. A big thank you is for Bicet as well. Even if some divergencies pushed me to leave the project we developed together for more than one year, I really have to thank him for all the work we did together and for having started such a good project like phpBB XS was. I hope he'll find some free time in the future allowing him to code again. This brand new release is almost similar to latest RC: as promised only few changes have been applied just to fix the bugs being found. As usual, no code changes will be released, and won't probably be released for any version in the future. This is because the package is quite huge and writing code changes requires much time: as I already said in the past, I prefer to focus my free time on developing the package instead of writing huge code changes that could be difficult to be applied. Trust me, in most cases it is quicker to replace old files with new ones and reapply eventually added mods (you should take note of the mods you have applied). My efforts will be dedicated to the upgrade procedures to allow you to upgrade your sites with the smallest unexpected issues. Another little note about phpBB 3. As many of you know, phpBB 3 is going to be released. Icy Phoenix won't be updated to phpBB 3 for many reasons: features compatibility, templates system, CMS, more... If you need just a forum, maybe it is worth waiting phpBB 3 to be released and install it. I may consider to create a new package relying on phpBB 3 in the future, but it is not guaranteed that it will happen. Please, when phpBB 3 will be out do not ask for conversion or upgrades of something... you have been warned. Finally about MG Themes: Winter, Spring and Summer won't be released until I'll find the time to fix a bug for the rounding corners script. Please don't ask for them... you have some new themes with this release, and you'll have much more in the future. [list][*][color=#FF5522][b]Overview[/b][/color] [spoiler][url=docs/readme_english.html#overview]Readme[/spoiler] [*][color=#FF5522][b]Requirements[/b][/color] [spoiler][url=docs/readme_english.html#requirements]Readme[/spoiler] [*][color=#FF5522][b]Fresh Installation[/b][/color] [spoiler][url=docs/readme_english.html#fresh_installation]Readme[/spoiler] [*][color=#FF5522][b]Upgrade From phpBB[/b][/color] [spoiler][url=docs/readme_english.html#upgrade_phpbb]Readme[/spoiler] [*][color=#FF5522][b]Upgrade From phpBB XS[/b][/color] [spoiler][url=docs/readme_english.html#upgrade_xs]Readme[/spoiler] [*][color=#FF5522][b]Upgrade From Icy Phoenix 1.0.14.14 RC[/b][/color] [spoiler][url=docs/readme_english.html#upgrade_ip]Readme[/spoiler] [/list] You may also refer to this file for all these info: http://www.icyphoenix.com/docs/readme_english.html And finally here is the download link: [align=center][cell class=mg_attachtitle][font=Trebuchet MS][b][size=14]Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f[/size][/b][/font][/cell][cell class=mg_attachdiv][b]Package Name: Icy Phoenix Package Version: 1.1.0.15f Release Spot: [gradient cols=DD3333 cole=FF7722 iterations=40]Praising all is like praising none.[/gradient][/b] [b]DOWNLOAD: [/b][url=http://www.icyphoenix.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25][b]Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f[/b][/cell][/align] [color=crimson][i]Should you ask for support, please remember that this is an open source community and me and all the Staff are doing all for free and in their spare time... be kind, be patient and respect other users efforts and hard work.[/i][/color] Enjoy Icy Phoenix! Luca Libralato ----------------------------------- fracs Sun 20 May, 2007 13:07 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Thanks MG. :mricy: Welcome IP :mricy: ----------------------------------- -ktm- Sun 20 May, 2007 13:10 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- nice downloading :mrgreen: :mrblue: :mrorange: :mrviolet: :mryellow: :mricy: ----------------------------------- sonoangelo Sun 20 May, 2007 13:10 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- THANKSSSSSS EXCELLENT WORK :shock: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- -ktm- Sun 20 May, 2007 13:16 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- one question this file it's correct? [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/588/__3.png[/img] RC3 14 14? ----------------------------------- pepi Sun 20 May, 2007 13:19 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Many Thanks MG But the download file is ip_20070506_101414_rc3.zip ?? is this correct ??? Pepi ----------------------------------- zankyw Sun 20 May, 2007 13:40 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Thanks MG, great work! :mricy: ----------------------------------- m740 Sun 20 May, 2007 13:42 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- [smiley smilie=5 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=000000 shieldshadow=1]THANKSSSSSSSSSSS[/smiley] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0057.gif[/img] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0056.gif[/img] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0057.gif[/img] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0056.gif[/img] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0057.gif[/img] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0056.gif[/img] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0050.gif[/img] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0050.gif[/img] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0050.gif[/img] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0050.gif[/img] ----------------------------------- ThE KuKa Sun 20 May, 2007 13:47 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Thanks MG !!! 8) ----------------------------------- Vizzo Sun 20 May, 2007 13:57 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- the file is incorrect "ip_101414_rc3" ----------------------------------- omarska Sun 20 May, 2007 14:06 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Tnx, MG. Going to upgrade right now. ----------------------------------- fab120 Sun 20 May, 2007 14:25 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Thanks a lot! ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 20 May, 2007 14:34 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Sorry, I forgot to run the latest SQL... now the file should be the right one. ----------------------------------- dllrsoft Sun 20 May, 2007 14:40 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Luca you are the best :!: :!: Long live for Icy Phoenix!! :wink: :lol: Greetings!! ----------------------------------- jz Sun 20 May, 2007 14:54 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Grazie Luca, e forzza ICY :mricy: :mricy: :mricy: ----------------------------------- dNow Sun 20 May, 2007 15:13 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Great work Mighty Gordon!! 8) Thanks so much! Grettings ----------------------------------- Aexo Sun 20 May, 2007 15:27 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Genial, MG! you are so great!! ----------------------------------- Sparok Sun 20 May, 2007 15:34 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- thaaanks graaacias :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- magma Sun 20 May, 2007 15:36 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Thanks a LOT, MG!!! :mricy: :mrgreen: :mryellow: ----------------------------------- feelbeen Sun 20 May, 2007 16:03 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- thank you so much... I'll going to test it next days... 8) ----------------------------------- mimoson999 Sun 20 May, 2007 16:08 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- the icy phoenix staff are the best and icy it's the best CMS of all times ----------------------------------- smartdrugs Sun 20 May, 2007 16:55 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Nice work :mrorange: :mrorange: ----------------------------------- forodecano Sun 20 May, 2007 17:02 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Good Job. Thanks. Muchas gracias amigo. ----------------------------------- Vortex Sun 20 May, 2007 18:02 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- As always I have no better way to thank you than... a big "Thank you, Luca." :mrviolet: I should study for university but I can't resist to upgrade, even if I have to work in the night :mricy: ----------------------------------- andrea75 Sun 20 May, 2007 19:26 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Very good work Luca! ;) I'm going to try the final version and upgrade my site soon ----------------------------------- Zuker Sun 20 May, 2007 19:57 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Lot's of thanks my friend. Nice Package ;) ----------------------------------- Fexys Sun 20 May, 2007 20:29 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Grande MG 8) I Love IP :oops: ----------------------------------- buldo Sun 20 May, 2007 22:52 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- A [size=18]HUGE[/size] thanks to you MG! :mri: ----------------------------------- soxs Sun 20 May, 2007 23:02 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Grazie Luca! Corro subito a scaricarlo.. :mricy: ----------------------------------- Round11 Mon 21 May, 2007 00:22 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Definitely the best phpBB complete package you can find! Keep up the good work! It's working out very well for my new site. ----------------------------------- master2611 Mon 21 May, 2007 02:19 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- [b]Thanks Luca. :P Good Luck[/b] ----------------------------------- Shaythong Mon 21 May, 2007 05:04 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Great work Luca! That was an..amazing announcement, the news. :oops: ----------------------------------- DR Mon 21 May, 2007 06:07 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Thanks for your hard work, it is very well appreciated. However, after updating it from the last version I have now a double menu in the main page. Can you help me with that? Thanks again [img]http://venezuela-digital.com/images/icy2.jpg[/img] [color=#ff003f]I just found that if I change the position of that menu to the right side in the forum, it will not be shown double in the front page. [/color] ----------------------------------- Carlosfeb1267uno Mon 21 May, 2007 07:39 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- :lol: Easy uploading, just at the beginig i feel ear, but everithing runing CHEVERE, gracias a LOT. [url=http://diosesdelpsp.com]Dioses del PSP y Front Page ----------------------------------- Corporacion-Umbrella Mon 21 May, 2007 07:54 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Very great work MG so many thanks for you and staff. ----------------------------------- TheSteffen Mon 21 May, 2007 08:28 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Thanks MG, Great work. ----------------------------------- magma Mon 21 May, 2007 09:35 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- [quote user="DR" post="14483"]Thanks for your hard work, it is very well appreciated. However, after updating it from the last version I have now a double menu in the main page. Can you help me with that? Thanks again [img]http://venezuela-digital.com/images/icy2.jpg[/img] [color=#ff003f]I just found that if I change the position of that menu to the right side in the forum, it will not be shown double in the front page. [/color][/quote] You have to disable global blocks in the CMS configuration! ----------------------------------- ataru Mon 21 May, 2007 12:29 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- :mricy: Grande Luca!!! ----------------------------------- Zuker Mon 21 May, 2007 12:31 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Please do not ask for support on this topic :mricy: ----------------------------------- casimedicos Mon 21 May, 2007 13:44 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- thanks downloading........ :lol: ----------------------------------- hpl Mon 21 May, 2007 14:25 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- thankss :mricy: :mricy: :mricy: :mricy: :mricy: :mricy: :mricy: ----------------------------------- OdnaM Mon 21 May, 2007 16:47 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Thanks!!!!!! Downloading...... :loveit: Gracias!!!!!!! ----------------------------------- xerbar Mon 21 May, 2007 19:33 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Thanks for the great job. ----------------------------------- KugeLSichA Mon 21 May, 2007 20:54 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- [quote user="Round11" post="14464"]Definitely the best phpBB complete package you can find![/quote] i absolutly think the same. Thanks Luca and all the IP Team who support this project in there free time and spend many time here. Thanks P.S.: german translation package is 99% and comming soon. greetz ----------------------------------- master2611 Tue 22 May, 2007 02:48 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- hi luca, i have a question.how much is the complete version? THANKS. ----------------------------------- lopecio100 Tue 22 May, 2007 09:26 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Thanks and congratulations for your excelent job! I´m upgrade from phpbbxs, and works perfectly! Thanks again! ----------------------------------- Cristina Tue 22 May, 2007 09:31 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- MG :mrblue: I thank you very much for all time spent in our regards, you're the special and generous person :chef: :mrblue: for that specific raisons, i ask you: When the next project? :mrblue: :mrblue: :mrblue: :mrblue: ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Fri 25 May, 2007 00:42 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Next project is already being developed... don't worry... when you see something out it is because I'm working on something else... :icy_lol_flag: ----------------------------------- ieio Sat 26 May, 2007 23:53 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- planning to update from 1.0.12.12 version: any advice before doing it? :loveit: is that all? :oops: [quote]If you're using Icy Phoenix 1.0.9.9 or above, you can upgrade your board by following these instructions: 1. Make a full backup of all files and database (if you don't do a backup, don't dare to ask for support! Backup Rules!) 2. Did you backup everything? If you didn't make the backup, please, step back to the previous point. 3. Copy your current .htaccess, config.php, includes/def_themes.php, includes/def_tree.php, includes/def_words.php and keep them in a safe place. 4. Check again that your backup is ok and keep it in a safe place. Backup Rules! 5. Login as administrator. 6. Lock your site. 7. Unpack Icy Phoenix package to one folder on your HD. 8. Upload and launch update_to_ip.php (which is in install folder) to the root of your Icy Phoenix (i.e. http://www.mysite.com/ip/update_to_ip.php). Please that if update_to_ip.php is not in the root of your site, update it won't work correctly. 9. Delete update_to_ip.php. 10. Remove the following folders (make sure you don't have in those folders some files you may need for some mods you have installed, but in any case you should have a backup Backup Rules!): * adm * includes (all but includes/def_themes.php, includes/def_tree.php and includes/def_words.php) * language * templates 11. Remove all files but config.php in your Icy Phoenix root (make sure you don't have some files you may need for some mods you have installed, but in any case you should have a backup Backup Rules!). 12. Upload all Icy Phoenix files (all but config.php, includes/def_themes.php, includes/def_tree.php and includes/def_words.php) in the same folder where Icy Phoenix was installed and running. Pay attention that all older files eventually still there must be replaced by new ones. 13. Apply all permissions listed in Fresh Installation. 14. Customize what needs to be customized in files and db (some files needs to be edited manually, while most of the options may be set in ACP and CMS). 15. Unlock your site. 16. Enjoy your New Icy Phoenix Site Enjoy!. [/quote] ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 29 May, 2007 01:29 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- [quote user="ieio" post="15323"]planning to update from 1.0.12.12 version: any advice before doing it? :loveit: is that all? :oops: [/quote] Yes... that's all... in case of problems open a new topic in the support forum. :wink: ----------------------------------- Daydreamer Tue 05 Jun, 2007 00:50 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- thanks :v: ----------------------------------- moreteavicar Thu 07 Jun, 2007 19:20 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Will give the baby a try... One thing [b]MG[/b]... why does the documentation tell people to chmod everything, when a function to do this automatically is included in the install script? ----------------------------------- Zuker Thu 07 Jun, 2007 20:37 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Because some servers doesn't support that script ;) ----------------------------------- moreteavicar Fri 08 Jun, 2007 00:02 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Ah yes, that'd be it Zuker ;) I did make a different version of that script which checked if php chmod was supported, and if not created its own chmod functions, but I guess the way I wrote it, it was a bit awkward to simply insert into the insall script... ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:18 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- The script I've used makes different checks before trying to apply CHMOD. Your script requires FTP details to be set, and there is no assurance that it will always work. Since I can't check if the CHMOD are applied correctly via FTP, I've preferred to leave that separate... it is still in the old docs section. If you want you may try to update it and I'll include it in the package. ----------------------------------- Cristina Sun 10 Jun, 2007 09:17 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- [quote user="Mighty Gorgon" post="14977"]Next project is already being developed... don't worry... when you see something out it is because I'm working on something else... :icy_lol_flag:[/quote] :girl_wink: i'm glad to hear that :girl_wacko: ----------------------------------- moreteavicar Mon 11 Jun, 2007 18:26 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- [quote user="Mighty Gorgon" post="16268"]The script I've used makes different checks before trying to apply CHMOD. Your script requires FTP details to be set, and there is no assurance that it will always work. Since I can't check if the CHMOD are applied correctly via FTP, I've preferred to leave that separate... it is still in the old docs section. If you want you may try to update it and I'll include it in the package.[/quote]No problems, I just went to where I posted it, and it wasn't there! (search didn't help!). BTW That script only used ftp method if php file functions are disabled - I've had hosts disable php file functions, but php-ftp functions still worked. The script checks to see if ftp functions will work, and if not, only then the user has to manually do it all. I don't mind hacking it into shape so that it can be used in the install script - if it helps make IP more user friendly ;) ----------------------------------- MajickDev Wed 13 Jun, 2007 03:04 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 ----------------------------------- Great as always! Nice work MG and staff - the best package around! Just recently had some free time to play with icy - unbelievable job guys! ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Thu 06 Sep, 2007 11:56 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15b ----------------------------------- Version upgraded to 1.1.0.15b to fix some bugs and a possible security issue. If you are running 1.1.0.15 or 1.1.0.15a you will find the patch here: http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?t=2748 ----------------------------------- Bambina Cattiva Sun 16 Sep, 2007 17:17 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15b ----------------------------------- I have IP 1.0.11.11, can I upgrade to Ip 1.1.0.15? How I do? Thanks ----------------------------------- Zuker Sun 16 Sep, 2007 18:22 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15b ----------------------------------- [quote user="Bambina Cattiva" post="19691"]I have IP 1.0.11.11, can I upgrade to Ip 1.1.0.15? How I do? Thanks[/quote] read the doc's inside "docs" folder ;) ----------------------------------- xmenfile Fri 26 Oct, 2007 06:05 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15b ----------------------------------- Hi, I am trying to install it and getting this error. Please help. Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'IcyPhenix07'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/usavngu8/public_html/includes/db/mysql4.php on line 53 Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/usavngu8/public_html/includes/db/mysql4.php on line 642 Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/usavngu8/public_html/includes/db/mysql4.php on line 643 Critical Error Could not connect to the database ----------------------------------- Zuker Fri 26 Oct, 2007 14:08 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15b ----------------------------------- [quote user="xmenfile" post="20798"]Hi, I am trying to install it and getting this error. Please help. Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'IcyPhenix07'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/usavngu8/public_html/includes/db/mysql4.php on line 53 Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/usavngu8/public_html/includes/db/mysql4.php on line 642 Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/usavngu8/public_html/includes/db/mysql4.php on line 643 Critical Error Could not connect to the database[/quote] Please do not use this topic for asking support ;) Open a new one inside support forum :D ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Mon 10 Dec, 2007 08:48 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15d ----------------------------------- For those who have installed this version, please check this patch. http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=22075#p22075 ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 08 Jan, 2008 21:04 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15e ----------------------------------- Version raised to 1.1.0.15e to patch some files which may leads to security issues. ----------------------------------- Limun Fri 18 Jan, 2008 19:29 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15e ----------------------------------- Thank you very much :wink: Finaly i installed ...thanks for this topic ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Fri 08 Feb, 2008 13:59 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- Version upgraded to 1.1.0.15f to fix a security hole. ----------------------------------- Limun Fri 08 Feb, 2008 15:46 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- Thank you Luca very very much :) only one question ... whic file i must download to upgrade from 1.1.0.15e to 1.1.0.15f ? Thank you .... ----------------------------------- TheSteffen Fri 08 Feb, 2008 22:13 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- [quote user="Limun" post="24035"]only one question ... whic file i must download to upgrade from 1.1.0.15e to 1.1.0.15f ?[/quote] I think there is no upgrade packege for this... use packege from first post [url=http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1997&p=14339#p14339]Link And follow the "Upgrade From Icy Phoenix 1.0.14.14 RC " instructions. ;-) ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Thu 14 Feb, 2008 00:54 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- Just upload all files in the patch. ----------------------------------- Lopalong Fri 15 Feb, 2008 01:14 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- Thanks for the great forum software MG :) [color=#3f00ff][i][size=16][b]Unbelievable![/b][/size][/i][/color] I've been playing with it on Localhost for 2 Days and am absolutely overwhelmed by what you have put together. :shock: I've also got a couple of things I'd like to add to it, but that's another post in another thread. :mryellow: ----------------------------------- tc1967uk Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:58 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- How can I tell which version I have, e.g. is it 1.1.0.15d, 1.1.0.15e etc? Also, do I have to replace all the files when upgrading, or is there a list somewhere of which files are changed each time? ----------------------------------- KasLimon Fri 15 Feb, 2008 13:34 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- Look in the ACP, it's written in the bottom of the page. Greets! ----------------------------------- tc1967uk Fri 15 Feb, 2008 17:23 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- That doesn't show what version, it just says 'Powered by Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 based on phpBB 2.0.22 Design by Mighty Gorgon' not version d or e etc. ----------------------------------- KugeLSichA Fri 15 Feb, 2008 17:40 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- [quote user="tc1967uk" post="24340"]Powered by Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15[/quote] Hi, This is the Icy Phoenix version number ;-) greetz ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Fri 15 Feb, 2008 21:17 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- [quote user="tc1967uk" post="24317"]How can I tell which version I have, e.g. is it 1.1.0.15d, 1.1.0.15e etc? Also, do I have to replace all the files when upgrading, or is there a list somewhere of which files are changed each time?[/quote] Since patches are needed to fix security holes I didn't provide files changes to not feed hackers with the holes "ready to go"... At the moment isn't possible to check the minor revision (a, b, c, etc...) the patch is quite small and easy to be applied. If you need to know which files are new you can use WinMerge or check the date of the files in the patch. ----------------------------------- tc1967uk Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:36 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- The problem I find is that the patches seem to contain countless IP files and I don't know which ones are the critical ones and have been changed. So I have to upload all of them, then redo all the edits I've made to customise my site (menus etc). It would be handy if all patches contained a list of just the files that have been changed. ----------------------------------- buldo Sat 16 Feb, 2008 10:45 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- [quote user="tc1967uk" post="24400"]The problem I find is that the patches seem to contain countless IP files and I don't know which ones are the critical ones and have been changed.... It would be handy if all patches contained a list of just the files that have been changed.[/quote] Patches packages contain ONLY the file that have been modified, so all you have to do is have a look at the files included in single patch package! :wink: ----------------------------------- tc1967uk Sat 16 Feb, 2008 20:46 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- Fair enough. Does the patch contain only the files amended since the last patch, i.e. patch f will only contain the files changed since patch e, or does it contain all the files changed since the last release e.g. 1.1.0.15? It would help, as I don't know which version I'm up to and it would be easier applying only patch f, rather than applying, c, then d, then e, then f. ----------------------------------- KugeLSichA Sun 17 Feb, 2008 10:43 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- Hi tc1967uk, the latest patch contains not the only last modified files, there are some more in there. But you can have a look which have been changed, if you are using WinMerge -> http://www.winmerge.org with this programm you can check files and/or folders so you easily can check, what have been changed... try it. its free and very usefull ----------------------------------- Lopalong Sun 17 Feb, 2008 13:13 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- [quote user="tc1967uk" post="24413"]Fair enough. Does the patch contain only the files amended since the last patch, i.e. patch f will only contain the files changed since patch e, or does it contain all the files changed since the last release e.g. 1.1.0.15? [/quote] I can see your point, but as the same files are not always affected by incremental upgrades to any forum software. you would be advised to upgrade in the stages that they are released in, as applying the latest patches will never guarantee that you have all of the upgrades for your version. ;) ----------------------------------- wizzard Sat 29 Mar, 2008 15:10 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- When attempting to download the file, all I get is: [quote]Sorry, but only administrators can view files and subcategories in this category.[/quote] Why is that? ----------------------------------- Lopalong Sat 29 Mar, 2008 20:54 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- I suspect that 1.1.0.15f is no longer available to the general public. ;) ----------------------------------- novice programmer Sat 29 Mar, 2008 23:18 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- Neither the moderators con download it. It is better you upgrade to 1.2.0.27 ----------------------------------- wizzard Sun 30 Mar, 2008 06:54 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- [quote user="novice programmer" post="26891"]Neither the moderators con download it. It is better you upgrade to 1.2.0.27[/quote] I have downloaded and I am using the latest version, but I wanted to have, also, the last stable version for testing and personal use. The 1.1.0.15 had some settings I've enjoyed very much. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:54 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- I have removed the old stable version because there is a new stable version... I don't want users to be confused and use something that is not updated any more. If you want a private link to the old release please contact me privately. ----------------------------------- wizzard Sun 30 Mar, 2008 16:16 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15f ----------------------------------- [quote user="Mighty Gorgon" post="26915"]I have removed the old stable version because there is a new stable version... I don't want users to be confused and use something that is not updated any more. If you want a private link to the old release please contact me privately.[/quote] OK. Will do. Thanks 4 letting me know. Cheers, :D