https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8764 ----------------------------------- mort Fri 26 Oct, 2012 12:58 Windows 8 Upgrade Mmmmm? ----------------------------------- I just upgraded my wife's Vista laptop to Windows 8 because I got it cheap with a "New PC deal".[i] (Long Story)[/i] I really don't know what to think of it - But I do know that if I had seen a "working" pc with win8 and played with it before I upgraded, I don't think I would have bothered. :( Some of it is a real pain - - - So if you are thinking about it - Test first, and don't buy later. :lol: ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Fri 26 Oct, 2012 16:12 Re: Windows 8 Upgrade Mmmmm? ----------------------------------- tbh I have a feeling that if you don't own a touch screen there is absolutely no reason to upgrade. ----------------------------------- mort Sat 27 Oct, 2012 01:35 Re: Windows 8 Upgrade Mmmmm? ----------------------------------- I may have been a little premature in my opinion, because after re-consolidating all the things that were lost and "her in doors" likes to play with - it's coming up pretty good. And you're right about the touch-screen, and after watching a touch-screen demo on one of those "women's" programmes on TV - The missus reckons she may even get herself an IPad or whatever. Dammit! more expense. Damn Win8 :censored: :lol: I may even put it on this Win7 laptop of mine when I get the time to back-up everything I need before 8 destroys it all. :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- TheSteffen Sat 10 Nov, 2012 11:09 Re: Windows 8 Upgrade Mmmmm? ----------------------------------- Well, I can not agree. Win 8 is quite good and very fast. I installed it on a very old pc and my old notebook. It is so fast like windows xp was. For sure, the metro style is a little bit strange, for old Windows 7 or Vista users. But you can get the look and feeling back by installing "Classic Shell" or "Start8" and so on. I think I will install it on my main pc the next weeks. Wíthout "Classic Shell", to test the metro style :mricy: ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sat 17 Nov, 2012 09:12 Re: Windows 8 Upgrade Mmmmm? ----------------------------------- I've quickly tested it on my brother's PC... after few minutes of playing around I think it's quite nice. I'll wait few months before installing it on my main PC though... I have no time right now to re-install everything. :-) ----------------------------------- Informpro Sat 17 Nov, 2012 10:49 Re: Windows 8 Upgrade Mmmmm? ----------------------------------- I installed it because somebody gave me a key, and it's nice so far. Incredible startup/logoff time (10s & 3s). Else it's basically the exact same as 7. I don't miss at all the start menu, I didn't even tried to open it by habit :D.