https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9832 ----------------------------------- Cristianita Sat 03 Mar, 2018 21:00 Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- This is the same guy, he opened eight accounts, I think he is a spammer. How can I prevent that problem again, by configuring the ACP? I mean, allow only one IP per account. Shalom :D ----------------------------------- Cristianita Tue 10 Apr, 2018 20:50 Re: Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- Is there some way to avoid this problem? I couldn't find anything... ----------------------------------- Informpro Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:07 Re: Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- Hi, I'm sorry I didn't see this message earlier! Icy Phoenix comes in with a feature that prevents the same IP address to be used two times in a row. Is this enough for you, or do you need more than this? ----------------------------------- Cristianita Fri 13 Apr, 2018 21:07 Re: Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- Hi, [user]5860[/user]!! Very nice to see you again :D I think this is enough for me... For now :mrorange: Where is this feature? ----------------------------------- Informpro Mon 16 Apr, 2018 19:47 Re: Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- That's a good question, actually! I was sure the feature existed - it's bitten me before - but I'm having troubles finding it again. MG could probably help? ----------------------------------- Cristianita Mon 16 Apr, 2018 22:03 Re: Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- [quote user="Informpro" post="61588"]That's a good question, actually! I was sure the feature existed - it's bitten me before - but I'm having troubles finding it again. MG could probably help?[/quote]ha ha ha ha! :lol: I've spent enough time looking for it! But I didn't find any feature like that... I hope [user]2[/user] comes to help us :mrorange: ----------------------------------- MWE_001 Mon 30 Apr, 2018 10:43 Re: Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- Cracker Tracker settings? I am not sure as well either as we speak. I just moved all files to another hard drive and have yet to get my stack working. I will look at it this afternoon and see if I can figure it out. I know it is there..... or so I think :mricy: **UPDATE** Ok I took a look at this sooner than later. I know me real well and it would have been 3 months from later today before I thought of it again. :lol: So, I got to digging through the ACP. What I found is in Cracker Tracker, we can set a setting to allow only 1 registration per ip UNTIL another person with another ip registers on the site. That may slow a spammer down. Now here is the issue and why I see it as a possible reason why phpBB never implemented this feature. Say for example we have a website called itsallgood.com itsallgood is an awesome sight! Now I register. Now my wife wants to register. Now my 3 kids want to register...... and on and on. So by blocking a ip from registering, you may block potential users to your aspiring website. I'll toss out one more example. In my house there are 3 of us using my house Internet service. 3 of us have a Facebook account. How many of us would have one if only one per IP was allowed? This simply is not a good thing to do. Spammers is a fact of life on forums and as such we have to deal with it accordingly. We ban them. Speaking of ban or using a single registration per ip; it is easy to defeat. I have used no less than 20 or 30 or more IP addresses logging on here. My ISP refreshes my external IP randomly. If you ban a user, he or she can reset their router and get a new IP and re register. They can use a proxy server, etc. So the very long answer to the very short question is, yes you can sort of do it although it is only to slow them down. Login to [color=red]ACP/Configuration/Ctracker Settings[/color] From there scroll down to [color=red]Registration Protection System[/color] and enable IP watcher. This is only going to slow them down. if you only have 1 registration per day, they can only register that once instead of 8 times. FIRST, ban the offending user, then do the CTracker setting. They are going to come back, but with this setting enabled, they will only get to register 1 time..... unless they are using a proxy or reset their router. I hope that helps some. Take care and have a fantastic day. ----------------------------------- Cristianita Tue 01 May, 2018 02:15 Re: Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- [quote user="MWE_001" post="61610"]............................I hope that helps some. Take care and have a fantastic day.[/quote]Oh... my... God... [user]11665[/user] you are awesome :mryellow: You're right a thousand times!! I had to use the translator just one time, because your English is very clear!! Thank you very much, I appreciate your explanation. You can mark SOLVED this topic :mrorange: ----------------------------------- MWE_001 Wed 02 May, 2018 00:03 Re: Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- Hi Cristianita. Glad I could help. I do not get to get on very often anymore but I give it a try when I can. I am glad you got your issue solved. :mryellow: ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Fri 04 May, 2018 22:17 Re: Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- Sorry, but I totally missed this request... :cry: Glad you solved! ----------------------------------- Cristianita Sat 05 May, 2018 20:30 Re: Some User Had Registered Several Times, Different Nicknames And E-mails, But The Same IP Address ----------------------------------- [quote user="Mighty Gorgon" post="61630"]Sorry, but I totally missed this request... :cry: Glad you solved![/quote]Everything is ok, [user]2[/user], you have a great staff!! :mrviolet: Shalom!