https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6435 ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 08 Sep, 2009 10:49 Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch Discussions ----------------------------------- Please note that this patch has been officially released here: [url=http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6862]Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch ___________ Hi all, here is the RC3 version of the first patch of Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53 which will upgrade your version to 1.3.0.53a. I am testing it on a website and I had no problem so far, but before releasing it officially I want some extra debug. How to install this patch: [list=1][*]Make a full backup, both files and DB [*]Download the package from here: http://www.icyphoenix.com/_cvs/ip_20091113_13053a_patch.zip [*]Extract the package on your hard disk [*]Copy the [b]install[/b] folder in the root of your website [*]Launch [b]install/database_update.php[/b] [*]Upload all files into your website by replacing old ones ([b]please note that you may have customized some files like constants.php or lang_main_settings.php, and you may want to update them before uploading[/b]) [*]Enjoy your updated website![/list] Please report here if you have updated successfully and everything is working fine so I can release it officially. Thanks. ----------------------------------- DWho Tue 08 Sep, 2009 11:40 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- Hi Just ran the install on a my mod testing site... 15 mods and everything works just as it was... no problems at the moment to report... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 08 Sep, 2009 12:08 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- Thanks... unfortunately many files have been edited to prevent a nasty configuration issue that some sites may have enabled. :sad: Apart from that, the update should solve some bugs, and also add the new feature coded for [b]christmanrd[/b] to allow multiple recipients in Contact Us page. ----------------------------------- christmanrd Tue 08 Sep, 2009 12:52 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- I thought you forgot about me. Just kidding. Let me know when it safe to update or install this patch. The thought scares me. I hope it's painless. :lol: Finally, I was able to read some of the [url=viewforum.php?f=4]Documentation And How To and figured out how to create a new menu, add pages, etc. It's amazing what one can learn when they read. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 08 Sep, 2009 12:56 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- Make a backup and have a try! :wink: ----------------------------------- christmanrd Tue 08 Sep, 2009 13:21 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- Ok something is going on here that I am not use to. It went too smooth. I know I must have done something wrong. :lol: ----------------------------------- Informpro Tue 08 Sep, 2009 13:46 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- I've do the install, but something is so strange: When I go to install/database_update.php, I've this (See @version)[code]# Installed phpBB version :: 2.0.23 » Latest release :: 2.0.23 # Installed Icy Phoenix version :: 1.3.1.54 » Latest release :: 1.3.0.53a # Database Type :: mysql4 # File Writing :: Your server seems to support files creation and editing. # Files & Folders Permissions:[/code] 1.3.1.54 Oo I've not do update, I will, but ... ... ? ----------------------------------- christmanrd Tue 08 Sep, 2009 14:13 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- IE ver 8 - Looks, "Great" FireFox 3.0.13 - Looks, "Great" Google Chrome - Looks, "Not So Good." Forum Board pages extends way past the established right margin. ----------------------------------- Lopalong Wed 09 Sep, 2009 07:12 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- It went OK with no obvious problems. :shock: @ christmanrd Dave, make a new topic re google chrome. ;) ----------------------------------- christmanrd Wed 09 Sep, 2009 11:41 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- [quote user="Lopalong" post="44143"]It went OK with no obvious problems. :shock: @ christmanrd Dave, make a new topic re google chrome. ;)[/quote] Ok, I will do that. ----------------------------------- tiolalu Wed 09 Sep, 2009 12:46 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- [b]Mighty Gorgon[/b], this patch corrected the posting error: http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6430 Thanks :mricy: ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Fri 11 Sep, 2009 23:29 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- [quote user="Informpro" post="44116"]1.3.1.54 Oo I've not do update, I will, but ... ... ?[/quote] Maybe because you are running an SVN version... in that case you should not apply the patch and wait the next SVN release. ----------------------------------- spydie Sat 12 Sep, 2009 00:32 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- Got a problem with the email function , MG I´ve tested this on my live site and i only receive A blanque message. Let me explain better. The mail arrives with the header message OK but the message itself is just a blanc square. no text inside it. I´ve tried sending it to 3 different directions i got (Hotmail, Yahoo, gmail) and my site mail box. result is al the time the same. But messages for new post´s ( answers ) get through without problems, with all the message included ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sat 12 Sep, 2009 09:06 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- Which email function are you referring to? Profile email or ACP email? ----------------------------------- spydie Sat 12 Sep, 2009 11:13 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- Ups. sry MG I´m talking the new contact us function. Edit forget about this issue. I might have missed something in the translation. It work´s in english but in spanish i get a blank message body ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sat 12 Sep, 2009 11:22 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- In fact is working fine for me using English... can't tell what's wrong with Spanish. ----------------------------------- spydie Sat 12 Sep, 2009 11:42 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- i only had a look for Ticket´s and copied and translated the lines in lang Edit: MG. I opened the original spanish lang files with my editor ( PHP Designer). Then i opend the langfiles of the patch (english) and the original lang files (english) from 1.3.0.53 with Winmerge and compared them. All changes marked by winmerge, have been transported to spanish lang files and translated. i rechecked the files 5 times to be shure i did´nt miss anything , but the message body keep´s beeing blanc in a message send by contact us in spanish language, the english work´s without any problem. No idea whats going on there ----------------------------------- gearhead Sat 12 Sep, 2009 22:30 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- I upgraded my test site, and after upgrade was "successful", the site is now a white page with nothing, even checked with Firebug and there must be a database problem. With my host, I can install a new backup. This is the only way I know how to get it working again.....this is just my test site, and have not done the update to my main site. I'm going to restore my test site and try again. :mricy: P.S. I restored the database using the host db backup method which is the only one that ever worked for me. Still nothing. I'm willing to set up a new user for my database. Only Staff, admin, or MG will be allowed to do this. update: I finally was able to restore my site. There are some errors. I am going to try the update once more. Update attempt #2.....Everything was OK until I uploaded the new file 'common.php'. The site went blank, then uploaded the old file, 'common.php', and site came back!! That's the one maybe that needs to be looked at. Either the sql for that page, or the new common.php file itself. Also, there are errors now in the acp. No images showing on the left menu, and the acp catagories are now showing 2 catagories per line.......Also found errors causing no images to be displayed such as IP news image, nor any images in the header of the acp..... ----------------------------------- spydie Sun 13 Sep, 2009 00:40 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- I´ve uploaded this patch without any problems to my live site Gearhead. Updated the DB first, then ran the install file upgrade from 1.3.0.53 to 1.3.0.53a. The only problems i´m facing is something that might have to do with my translations to spanish. And that has to do only with contact us mails. But i´m quiet shure that, if i can find out witch mail.tpl the script is using , i´ll be able to fix that, because i allready found some missmatches in the oficial spanish translation pack ----------------------------------- Diodonea Sun 13 Sep, 2009 04:17 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- [b][color=#FF5500]Hello! that bugs have been fixed?[/color][/b] ----------------------------------- gearhead Sun 13 Sep, 2009 20:15 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- I got my styles test site back to normal. I must have done something wrong. My host is not any help either, they have given me unlimited space and bandwidth (last year), and constantly bug me to get the private server package all the time....it's 10.00 higher per month. I'm not going for it. There's other hosts that have the package I have with more extras, so the private server thing will have to wait until I get my own server. The mistake I made was to go a little out of order with the upgrade. Instead of this: [quote] How to install this patch: Make a full backup, both files and DB Download the package from here: http://www.icyphoenix.com/_cvs/ip_20090830_13053a_patch.zip Extract the package on your hard disk Copy the install folder in the root of your website Launch install/database_update.php Upload all files into your website by replacing old ones (please note that you may have customized some files like constants.php or lang_main_settings.php, and you may want to update them before uploading) Enjoy your updated website![/quote] I did this: How to install this patch: Make a full backup, both files and DB Download the package from here: http://www.icyphoenix.com/_cvs/ip_20090830_13053a_patch.zip Extract the package on your hard disk [color=#FF0099]Launch instapdate.php [/color] [color=#FF0019]Copy the install folder in the root of your website[/color] Upload all files into your website by replacing old ones (please note that you may have customized some files like constants.php or lang_main_settings.php, and you may want to update them before uploading) Enjoy your updated website! I'm going to try it again today, and see how it goes. :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- spydie Mon 14 Sep, 2009 10:37 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- MG Did you do something to the Board or timezone in this script ?? I´ve noticed in various board´s with DST ( UTC+1) time setting´s that the time is´nt dispalyed correctly. That means that in my site for example if i post at 10.37 my time the board says last post 9.37 . ----------------------------------- gearhead Tue 15 Sep, 2009 04:30 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- Spydie, I didn't notice a time zone error, but I was able to make the patch work by following the directions completely this time...... ----------------------------------- spydie Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:18 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- it might be only an +1 timezone error in the script not necesary to be in all zone´s ----------------------------------- Informpro Wed 16 Sep, 2009 15:23 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- There is any language change ? ----------------------------------- spydie Wed 16 Sep, 2009 20:55 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- yes there is you´ve got to winmerge the english versions to see the changes ----------------------------------- Informpro Thu 17 Sep, 2009 12:34 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- No, I'll just will wait for Repository changes ;p ----------------------------------- spydie Fri 18 Sep, 2009 21:45 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- There´s something wrong with the DST setting´s I´ve set my site to DST +1 ( like this site is aswell) but when posting it turns up to be Greenwich time (0) had to set DST to +2 to have the actual time correctly posted. That drives the time setting´s of some mod´s crazy aswell. So to display actualy 14.00 Hrs you´ve got to set it to 15.00 hrs. Question. MG did you change anything related to timesetting´s in the patch, so that that could be responseble for this error??? ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 22 Sep, 2009 00:04 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- Yes I have added a line of code to prevent bad server settings. Are you testing online or locally? The new line is in common.php and you may remove it... if you compare with old version you will easily find it. ----------------------------------- spydie Tue 22 Sep, 2009 00:29 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- I´m testing online. thank´s for the heads up MG I thought i made something wrong here. BTW: I keep having problems with the Contact us function. I´ve reviewed the changes (don´t remember how many times) with winmerge to find them. transfered them to lang_spanish and translated . The result keeps beeing the same. In spanish i only recieve a blanc message body, but in english it work´s fine. I´ve no idea what´s going opn there ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 22 Sep, 2009 00:39 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- Try on this site by selecting Italian language... ----------------------------------- spydie Tue 22 Sep, 2009 00:47 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC ----------------------------------- hmpf It work´s. must have missed something somewhere. but where. I´ve reviewed the hole patch in search of changes gonna start again tomorrow. With a clean lang file. I think the error must be in lang_main. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Mon 26 Oct, 2009 23:45 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- I have updated the patch with new files and some new fixes. The file in the new topic is now Patch RC2. For those who have already installed Patch RC, just replace all files and there is no need to execute any SQL. If no errors will be reported I will release it officially. Thanks. ----------------------------------- Gianni PB Tue 27 Oct, 2009 01:15 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- edited: installed :mricy: ----------------------------------- Yros Thu 29 Oct, 2009 20:43 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- FTR still not fixed guy ^^ Yes, you fixed it with categories and index [b]BUT[/b] when you click on a forum, it gives again blank page. Example : - Index [work] ----- Categorie 1 [work] ----- Forum 1 [DOESN'T WORK] ^^' ( and it doesn't depend where are categories or forums ) ( Edit : Of course, this bug is only viewable with same configs : ACP > config > IP > post ... > disable FTR ? => " no " ACP > General > FTR > disable FTR ? => "yes" ) ----------------------------------- DatsEvolution Fri 30 Oct, 2009 00:00 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- can someone help me I have read this whole site and tried everything I can think of for the life of me I can not get this to install at all......... is a fresh install I'm trying to do please go easy on me I'm very new to this Thanks... this is the error I get.. Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /home/landrser/public_html/streetracerforum/icyphoenix/install/includes/mysql4.php on line 46 Could not connect to the database ----------------------------------- Yros Fri 30 Oct, 2009 00:18 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- This is a PATCH. You have to install 1.3.0.53 THEN add the files of this patch in the root folder of your forum. It should be ok. If not you can open a thread in General Support ;) ----------------------------------- DatsEvolution Fri 30 Oct, 2009 01:34 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- I know its a patch but I cant even get 1.3.0.53 installed at all..... if I could then i would install the patch... I get that error no matter what... ----------------------------------- Yros Fri 30 Oct, 2009 22:03 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- Another little bug ( I think ) : When you want to delete a category which contain some forums/categories, and that you choose another forum/category where to move all sub-forums/categories in this one for lost nothing, it gave me an error " Ambiguous category ID's " according to the line 1274 of /adm/admin_forums.php Dunno if it's from this RC or if it was there before ( I haven't time to check further, sorry ) ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Mon 02 Nov, 2009 12:33 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- Maybe you are trying to move / delete too many subforums. Try to move / delete some of the underlying subrofums, then try again. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Mon 02 Nov, 2009 12:34 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- [quote user="DatsEvolution" post="45500"]I know its a patch but I cant even get 1.3.0.53 installed at all..... if I could then i would install the patch... I get that error no matter what...[/quote] Please open specifics topics in the support forum for that. Thanks ----------------------------------- dandelo Wed 04 Nov, 2009 11:03 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- Installed and working. :mryellow: ----------------------------------- Yros Thu 05 Nov, 2009 22:32 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- Overriding still has some trouble. I couldn't override settings for settings of forum ( subforums / templates / ... ) via ACP. If I set a medium index packing via ACP and a full one via my own profile ( with overriding enabled in ACP ), it is my choose via my profile which prevail =/ ----------------------------------- Informpro Fri 06 Nov, 2009 09:06 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- Override is unactive for admins ... ----------------------------------- Diodonea Sat 07 Nov, 2009 11:02 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- Hi! need the RC-1 before getting the RC-2? ty! ----------------------------------- spydie Sat 07 Nov, 2009 11:12 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- nope you don´t need that. ----------------------------------- warewoft Sat 07 Nov, 2009 13:21 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC2 ----------------------------------- Thank :mrorange: Very COOL ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Fri 13 Nov, 2009 17:55 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- Hi, I have updated patch to RC3 which should be last RC (unless serious problems arise with this release) before going final. For those who have already installed RC1 or RC2 all you need to do is to replace all files with the new ones. ----------------------------------- Yros Fri 13 Nov, 2009 18:23 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- Meuh :mrgreen: Thanks for new RC as if it's 1.3.2.x we now are waiting for *hihi* =P ----------------------------------- spydie Fri 13 Nov, 2009 21:15 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- Thanks for the update MG ----------------------------------- christmanrd Sat 14 Nov, 2009 15:13 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- Thanks, so far so good. ----------------------------------- HaoAsakura Mon 16 Nov, 2009 18:49 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- ... :oops: ... There's only lang_english? Other languages? ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 17 Nov, 2009 15:35 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- Currently patch is available only in English. I will release Italian only when the patch will be released officially. Anyway only few lang vars have been added. ----------------------------------- Marfo Mon 28 Dec, 2009 18:56 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- It works but when i launch de db update i've that message error INSERT INTO ip_config VALUES ('ip_version', '1.3.0.53a') +++ Error: Duplicate entry 'ip_version' for key 1 but it works ----------------------------------- spydie Mon 28 Dec, 2009 20:38 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- INSERT INTO ip_config VALUES ('ip_version', '1.3.0.53a') +++ Error: Duplicate entry 'ip_version' for key 1 This means that the field already exists. thats no error. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 29 Dec, 2009 12:21 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- Do not mind that error... :wink: ----------------------------------- ancraz Thu 14 Jan, 2010 04:38 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- is it stable enough to use in a live site :oops: ----------------------------------- spydie Thu 14 Jan, 2010 09:40 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- I run it on my sites . and i could tell you a few sites more running it without any problems. I say: Yes it´s stable ----------------------------------- ancraz Thu 14 Jan, 2010 13:59 Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Patch RC3 ----------------------------------- [quote user="spydie" post="47118"]I run it on my sites . and i could tell you a few sites more running it without any problems. I say: Yes it´s stable[/quote] just installed the update the forum loads very fast :mryellow: thank u so much