https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8635 ----------------------------------- Sarakin Sat 18 Aug, 2012 23:38 What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've searched over there and found no recent topic about this wonderful MOD. Are there any future for it regarding the new Icy version? ----------------------------------- DWho Sun 19 Aug, 2012 13:02 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Lopalong was the original author of this mod, he is at present not posting on the board as Lopalong... :mryellow: But someone might upgrade the older version to this but depends if they have the time... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- mort Mon 20 Aug, 2012 14:07 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Unfortunately, I believe Lopalong died and went to heaven some time ago. :( [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/8840/ani_wootxlots.gif[/img] ----------------------------------- DWho Mon 20 Aug, 2012 14:13 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- :shock: really :mryellow: :mryellow: :mryellow: ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Mon 20 Aug, 2012 17:49 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Good to know heaven comes with an internet connection [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/l_rofl.gif[/img] ----------------------------------- mort Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:14 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Yeah! but they've only got Dial-Up because there are not many up there, whereas the[i] "Other Place"[/i] has cable [b][i]and[/i][/b] fibre-optic to cater for the zillions who are down there. :twisted: And apparently, those who are in heaven are NOT allowed to write mods or to get too involved with phpBB code whatever because it creates too much aggravation and frustration which could lead to them being banned to the [i]"Other Place"[/i]. [b][u]So they don't do it![/u][/b] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/8840/ani_praying.gif[/img] ----------------------------------- DWho Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:09 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Lmao Shame really as Morts (sorry Lopalong) mods were really effective and useful to icyphoenix... We can only hope you take over where Lopalong stopped.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- portalpez Tue 21 Aug, 2012 13:46 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- I am very worried about that because if the mod medal mod does not run in new icy i wont update. The same problem with karma mod. Around this two mods i have created a comunity... Is it posible to integrate like older mod without using the plugin system? Is not compatible the medal mod 1.3 with icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- spydie Tue 21 Aug, 2012 16:39 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- it is possible, but needs some more edits then. I´m still looking for a way, to parse thing´s into the userblock beside the posts, without having to edit the viewtopic.tpl and php. would be nice, if there would be a var included in that files, that checks in the DB if there is something to be parsed. ----------------------------------- mort Wed 22 Aug, 2012 02:19 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="DWho" post="56369"]We can only hope you take over where Lopalong stopped..[/quote] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/8840/ani_thinking.gif[/img] No Mike, I'm only paddling around the edges for something to do and helping if I can. So I'll pass on this and leave any new or upgrades to IP coding/mods to those who have a greater investment in Icy Phoenix than I do. [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/8840/ani_pope1.gif[/img] ----------------------------------- Sarakin Thu 23 Aug, 2012 11:24 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="portalpez" post="56371"]I am very worried about that because if the mod medal mod does not run in new icy i wont update.[/quote] Same here, although I guess we'll be forced to update when some bandit had discovered a way to hack our old Icy sites. I never understood why the medal mod is not in the very core of Icy... :evil: ----------------------------------- portalpez Thu 23 Aug, 2012 12:00 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="spydie" post="56387"]it is possible, but needs some more edits then. I´m still looking for a way, to parse thing´s into the userblock beside the posts, without having to edit the viewtopic.tpl and php. would be nice, if there would be a var included in that files, that checks in the DB if there is something to be parsed.[/quote] Thanks you spydie... i will stay conected waiting for news... ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 26 Aug, 2012 12:53 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="Sarakin" post="56401"]I never understood why the medal mod is not in the very core of Icy... :evil:[/quote] Because it is used only by a small group of users. ----------------------------------- Sarakin Tue 28 Aug, 2012 11:13 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="Mighty Gorgon" post="56485"][quote user="Sarakin" post="56401"]I never understood why the medal mod is not in the very core of Icy... :evil:[/quote] Because it is used only by a small group of users.[/quote] Well, then. First: "I can't believe it". Second: There's a lot of "garbage" features that are used by a small group of users too, and still are in the core of Icy. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Thu 30 Aug, 2012 12:45 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="Sarakin" post="56500"]Well, then. First: "I can't believe it". Second: There's a lot of "garbage" features that are used by a small group of users too, and still are in the core of Icy.[/quote] [list=1][*]Show me at least 10 Icy Phoenix websites using this mod. [*]Please list all the features you think are Garbage which have been added into Icy Phoenix 2.0.[/list] I think you will discover that only few users are really using this mod, and that in Icy Phoenix 2.0 I didn't add any particular new feature... I have rather removed some of the features in benefit of plugins system. ----------------------------------- DWho Thu 30 Aug, 2012 16:38 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="Mighty Gorgon" post="56530"][quote user="Sarakin" post="56500"]Well, then. First: "I can't believe it". Second: There's a lot of "garbage" features that are used by a small group of users too, and still are in the core of Icy.[/quote] [list=1][*]Show me at least 10 Icy Phoenix websites using this mod. [*]Please list all the features you think are Garbage which have been added into Icy Phoenix 2.0.[/list] I think you will discover that only few users are really using this mod, and that in Icy Phoenix 2.0 I didn't add any particular new feature... I have rather removed some of the features in benefit of plugins system.[/quote] Just my personal opinion on this subject, I agree instead of recoding icy to a newer version remove mods that have been added to the core and make them as an available plug ins.. Then you have a cms, forum/blog and everything else a user can choose to add themselves.... [ot]If I eventually figure out how the plug in system works I will make mods for it, but until a plug in is made that I can compare with an original mod sadly I cannot see how it works.[/ot] :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- Sarakin Thu 30 Aug, 2012 21:06 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="Mighty Gorgon" post="56530"][quote user="Sarakin" post="56500"]Well, then. First: "I can't believe it". Second: There's a lot of "garbage" features that are used by a small group of users too, and still are in the core of Icy.[/quote] [list=1][*]Show me at least 10 Icy Phoenix websites using this mod. [*]Please list all the features you think are Garbage which have been added into Icy Phoenix 2.0.[/list] I think you will discover that only few users are really using this mod, and that in Icy Phoenix 2.0 I didn't add any particular new feature... I have rather removed some of the features in benefit of plugins system.[/quote] I don't want to start a tough argue about this, and obviously I'm not gonna look for 10 sites using the medal MOD, although mine and portalpez are already two of them. About "garbage" features, I don't want to name them either because maybe they're useful for others. My only point is that Medal MOD is funny and, believe it or not, encourages people to cooperate with our sites. It would be a pity to lose this great MOD because the new core versions of Icy. One of the candies which Icy offers comparing with other softs is that its core gather a lot of features that other softs require a separate installment (MOD), so why not the medal one. ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Thu 30 Aug, 2012 21:38 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- I wonder if it would pay if you would try implemneting it on a test install and see how far you get? BTW if Portalpez is using it I would n't be too worried about loosing it :lol: I'd even be suprised if nobody would have a look when Portalpez wouldn't. Garbage mod? >>> the trash bin is the only one I can think of :lol: ----------------------------------- mort Mon 03 Sep, 2012 13:25 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- One has to be honest, and leave aside the politics. :P A Bulletin Board is primarily a discussion board, and anything other than the basic requirements to enhance it should be either a MOD or a plug-in, as most other BB's do and use. Things that would never interest me and no doubt others possibly are [b][i](Without going through it all)[/i][/b], Sudoku Credits Album Downloads Bookmarks Chat Links [b]Editor:[/b] [b]phpBB mod template[/b] Image align left, right Album Image align left, right Repeat of: Upload image and add it to the message Marque text to down, right, left, up. Of course, one can understand why these things were added in the first place - - Because phpBB was such a [b][i]PIG-OF-A THING[/i][/b] to add anything to. :censored: :mryellow: ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Mon 03 Sep, 2012 14:04 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="mort" post="56624"]A Bulletin Board is primarily a discussion board, and anything other than the basic requirements to enhance it should be either a MOD or a plug-in, as most other BB's do and use.[/quote] I think that is exactly where we are going but it just doesn't happen overnight. ----------------------------------- mort Tue 04 Sep, 2012 09:15 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="mort" post="56624"]Of course, one can understand why these things were added in the first place - - Because phpBB was such a [b][i]PIG-OF-A THING[/i][/b] to add anything to. [/quote] I assume that, that is what propelled MG to develop a plug-in system. :) As you would be aware, there were lots of phpBB2 and now some phpBB3 that offer(ed) the base code with heaps of MODS pre-installed, and it always brings up the arguments about what they should and shouldn't have included. The whining never ends, and if one was to pre-install every available MOD - It still wouldn't be right for those who don't want mods they don't use. Me, I just comment out the url's for what I don't want to use. :mryellow: ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 09 Sep, 2012 19:23 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- The plugins system has been created just for that purpose, and as Joshua correctly stated, it just not happens overnight to move all extensions into a plugin. It was planned to move almost all large mods before releasing 2.0, but unfortunately I'm almost alone in coding (even if from time to time I get very useful help from many volunteers) the core code. I want to stress once again the fact that Icy Phoenix is not a premodded any more. A premodded package is a plain vanilla installation with just the mods installed. Icy Phoenix has been recoded to integrate all mods and new features properly, I have personally recoded almost all mods and addons (many of them I have rewritten from scratch), plus I have added switches everywhere to allow people at least to disable the most SQL intensive addons. I'll be very willing to help where someone would like to port some of the existing large addons into a plugin (Album or Links for example). Things need to be done properly though... looking for all the integrations through the code. [quote user="mort" post="56624"]Things that would never interest me and no doubt others possibly are [b][i](Without going through it all)[/i][/b], Sudoku Credits Album Downloads Bookmarks Chat Links [b]Editor:[/b] [b]phpBB mod template[/b] Image align left, right Album Image align left, right Repeat of: Upload image and add it to the message Marque text to down, right, left, up[/quote] I may agree on Sudoku which is quite unuseful (but it is totally stand alone and would require less than one hour to be ported as a plugin), Album, Links and Downloads are widely used, but they should be converted as plugins as well (Album would require a lot of time, while Links and Downloads only few hours). Chat is specific as well, but it may prove to be very useful for large communities, it could be converted as a plugin as well. I cannot see why Bookmarks doesn't fit a bulletin board, since it is just a way to keep track of some of the topics you may need to retrieve. Credits... well, it's not an option... I always credit coders and I'm not going to remove that, neither convert to a plugin. About BBCodes, the whole BBCodes box should be recoded, allowing users to customize which buttons they need... I think the only solution is to start from scratch with another project based only on a CMS... then anyone can focus only on the features he needs. :mri: ----------------------------------- DWho Mon 10 Sep, 2012 11:04 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- I love the bookmark facility, It allows me to remember posts that I can refer back to at a later date without hunting the forum, so please do not remove that.... :mryellow: I would love to be able to help removing mods and making them plugins but the IP code has become more complicated for my experiance but I am going to figure it out. I have looked at other CMS but nothing in my opinion is as flexible as IP especially when styling templates... Though I am slowly removing tables and extra html code I do not require (plus commenting on what is removed) A lot of pages I do not need either but you can block them through the cms so I am happy with that too, I have spent six years learning and developing IP for my benefit and yes I have coded a lot too suit my benefit which I could give back to the forum but i feel users if they add or edit my files will become lost with what I have changed... so I dont release it... :mryellow: I will continue to use IP for as long as it is available to use and probably even when it isn't.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- mort Mon 10 Sep, 2012 11:38 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="DWho" post="56723"]But the IP code has become more complicated for my experiance.[/quote] My problem exactly? :( And it pis**s me off that I'm too stupid to recognise most of it any more. :mrblue: ----------------------------------- DWho Mon 10 Sep, 2012 13:14 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="mort" post="56727"] My problem exactly? :( And it pis**s me off that I'm too stupid to recognise most of it any more. :mrblue:[/quote] Totally agree... I am too stupid as well to understand what probably is staring me in the face... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Mon 10 Sep, 2012 23:24 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Can you please make an example on what do you mean? I really think the code is much more flexible than before. So many things have been rewritten to be optimized and secured through the creation of new classes and functions. I don't think is more complex honestly... if you can make a clear example I would appreciate. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sat 15 Sep, 2012 10:30 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Since we were a bit off topic here, I have split the topic. Here is the link to the new one: [url=http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8698]New Icy Phoenix Functions ----------------------------------- Chaotic Wed 21 Nov, 2012 03:17 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="mort" post="56355"]Unfortunately, I believe Lopalong died and went to heaven some time ago. :( [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/8840/ani_wootxlots.gif[/img][/quote] I knew Lopalong was back when I read: http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?p=57419#p57419 Obviously Lopalong with his usual graceful tact. :shock: I think the current features like Album, Downloads, Chat, and Links are great. I don't see many IP boards not using at the very least chat. I also think it's great for members of any community to be able to share their photos, personal or not, within the community. It puts a face with the username you talk with on the forums and can also open up new discussion. Just depends on the way you look at it. Making everything a plug-in, in the long haul, would also be a wise decision. Discussions like this would never happen again. :mryellow: ----------------------------------- mort Wed 21 Nov, 2012 06:32 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="Chaotic" post="57548"]Making everything a plug-in, in the long haul, would also be a wise decision. Discussions like this would never happen again.[/quote] Most plug-in modules for phpBB usually require some edits either automatically or manually, and quite a lot of them require some manual input. And in particular they all need some manual intervention if other mods have modified the same required strings in the core files. They also ALL need upgrading when core files are updated to different versions that have their core script altered, [i]and someone has to do that[/i]. The medal mod already has it's own modules/files and would require very little modification for it to be upgraded to an acceptable plug-in for IPv2* because if done properly it will only need to modify very little of the main core files. All we need to do is [i]"Hang in there buddy until someone comes along that can help"[/i] Or leave it all to MG. ----------------------------------- Informpro Wed 21 Nov, 2012 13:38 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- If you can provide me the old 1.3.x mod - or whatever version it was - I probably can take a look. ----------------------------------- spydie Wed 21 Nov, 2012 14:13 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- have it somewhere on my harddrive moment here it is ----------------------------------- mort Wed 21 Nov, 2012 14:38 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Mmm - Spydie already jumped in while I was writing this. But the whole package of the original Abandoned mods are here. http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6738&p=46376 So the choice is yours my friend. :mricy: I did have it to the functioning stage for IP 2* with little effort and time, but the Moderator panel threw me up a challenge with the "new" permission system and a few other things. And because I had absolutely no use for it, I asked myself [b][i]"Why am I doing this?[/i][/b] and scrapped the lot of it. It's a pity really, because if anyone had shown [b]any [/b]interest in wanting to update it at the time and not sit on the fence and wait for others to do it, they could have had what I did before they even started. :lol: ----------------------------------- spydie Wed 21 Nov, 2012 14:46 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="mort" post="57554"] And because I had absolutely no use for it, I asked myself [b][i]"Why am I doing this?[/i][/b] and scrapped the lot of it. It's a pity really, because if anyone had shown [b]any [/b]interest in wanting to update it at the time and not sit on the fence and wait for others to do it, they could have had what I did before they even started. :lol:[/quote] Actualy, i´m tweaking around with it localy, to adapt it to 2.0, but lack of time got me stuck. But there´s some other Mods of mine, that have preference at the moment, because some users of mine want me to personalize them for them. ----------------------------------- Informpro Wed 21 Nov, 2012 20:16 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- I think I got it working :). Could you try this out please ? ----------------------------------- mort Fri 23 Nov, 2012 05:55 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- What took you so long? :lol: ----------------------------------- Informpro Fri 23 Nov, 2012 11:36 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Just that I started around 20h, after eating ----------------------------------- mort Fri 23 Nov, 2012 12:12 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="Informpro" post="57569"]After eating[/quote] HAhaha! Eating - What's that? :mricy: A situation I know all too well - - - [i]"I'll just finish this easy bit and then get something to eat"[/i] -> -> -> [b]10 hrs later[/b] - - - :lol: And why is it that it's [b][i]always late[/i][/b], your eyeballs are hanging out, and you're just about ready to call it quits for the day - And then a problem shows up that [b]HAS[/b] to be fixed straight away. Another -> -> -> [b]2 hrs later[/b] :censored: ----------------------------------- Informpro Fri 23 Nov, 2012 13:17 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- I just quit when I start to get bored ----------------------------------- portalpez Fri 23 Nov, 2012 13:55 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="Informpro" post="57558"]I think I got it working :). Could you try this out please ?[/quote] What do you mean, that already works in icy 2.0? Thanks!!! ----------------------------------- mort Fri 23 Nov, 2012 15:21 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="portalpez" post="57572"]What do you mean, that already works in icy 2.0? Thanks!!![/quote] It couldn't work, the instructions are wrong in parts. @informpro I went through the original and made some changes too - not that I intend to test it. But in what you have posted - In mods/tpl/profile_view_body.tpl the script now breaks into [/b] [b][/b] ----------------------------------- Informpro Fri 23 Nov, 2012 15:26 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- I don't remember OTTOMHH, but I think I added it after the table anyway and it rendered OK. Tell me if it's wrong, I'll fix it. EDIT : this is what it gives when edited :[code type=html]
{L_REGISTERED_HOSTNAME} {USER_REGISTERED_HOSTNAME}
[/code] [quote user="portalpez" post="57572"][quote user="Informpro" post="57558"]I think I got it working :). Could you try this out please ?[/quote] What do you mean, that already works in icy 2.0? Thanks!!![/quote]It was broken with IP2.0, I posted a fixed version ----------------------------------- mort Fri 23 Nov, 2012 15:31 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- [quote user="Informpro" post="57574"]Tell me if it's wrong, I'll fix it.[/quote] It's 1am here - 1-03am :P to be exact - - G'night! [b]Edit:[/b] Just glad you're on the ball and noticed that. ;) As for the positioning of it - I suspect that there will be those who will always want it to be different, no matter where you put it. :( ----------------------------------- mort Wed 10 Apr, 2013 16:21 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- :( It really shows how the enthusiasm here has waned - Five months ago people wanted/must have a Medal Mod for version 2 - And where is it at today? Not one ounce of feedback for Informpro's effort in upgrading it for testing and nothing at all back from the people who stated that they "couldn't live without it" ? :roll: ----------------------------------- portalpez Wed 10 Apr, 2013 16:58 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- I am sorry I am very interested but i have had bad months with a lot of work. I am going to update and I am test it as soon as posible. Thansk you a lot to all of you. ----------------------------------- Informpro Fri 16 Aug, 2013 15:48 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Bumping a bit here, as I have time to think of everything right now (that's what happens when I don't have my comp :mrgreen: ). From the list mort has posted : [quote]Sudoku Credits Album Downloads Bookmarks Chat Links[/quote](too lazy to use [* ] stuff, sorry) 1) let's remove sudoku 2) I think credits should be available as a standalone page (for support forums :p) 3) Album is very tied to the core as said before, and as the download part, it's a pretty underestimated feature but I've seen it be used a lot for many purposes. 4) Downloads are admittedly a bit less useful than album, but it still fits a lot of times, even when you wouldn't really expect it to, you start uploading stuff in a topic, and then you think, I won't ever find that again and you move it to your downloads :lol: 5) Bookmarks are really useful 6) I think chat mods were the most used MODs. It fits any kind of community 7) Links is not really useful for me, I agree, never ever used it. Now, what I really wanted to talk about in this message is Plugin System. It's really great to have the plugin system, but we have several problems here, that prevent us from a drag'n'drop install, in a batch : - We're using "file.php", instead of (for example) "index.php?page=XYZ" (I think IPB and others are doing that already). It'd really be more flexible, and would allow us to leave "root files" from mods in their directory. Same goes for ACP stuff. - We don't really have hooks yet. We'd need to add them on a one-case basis in the code, in the templates ... I don't know. Maybe we should add divs and people would hook it through JS or something ? We've discussed this before, and I don't have any real answer yet, maybe we'd need something really complicated like a block system which we could override, etc. I actually thought about this and said "i'm gonna try to implement medal mod as a plugin only", as a crash-test. I don't have it on my comp so I can't really try ATM, but I'll try to see how we can manage with MG (MG -- we need to get on skype or something, GTalk is totally broken and MSN is down). Another problem with that is that he's always really busy, but I'm not a real grown-up yet so I don't have these kind of problems (understand : I'm still in school), but I can't usually start working on something big because MG does big commits once in a while, so I have no idea if I'll have to change everything i've done or even if he's doing the same as I am :P . I also told Yros I'd look into adapting ADR 0.4.5 (or was it ..6 ? Can't remember !), so maybe I'll try to see if we can provide better support to phpBB2 mods too ? There's a lot we can do, I'll be able to open the french community board soon (thanks MathieuM, btw) and I'll see what I want to focus on by then. On that (big) note ... :) ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 18 Aug, 2013 09:14 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Hi [b]Informpro[/b], I of course agree in moving things into plugins... that was the purpose of the Plugins system. If you have time to move Links, Sudoku and Album to Plugins it would be great. I can help in creating hooks and other special functions where needed... but trust me, most of the needed functions are already there... you just need to analyze the plugins I already coded to understand how most of the new functions work. Regarding "file.php" or "index.php?page=XXX" I'm not really sure about this... I still prefer to have physical files because sometimes you need to tweak something specific that can only be efficiently done with dedicated files... for example when a plugin is very complicated like Album or Download. Regarding Skype... I'll have some free time in the next 2 weeks, then I'll be away again for 2 weeks (I'm sorry, but I still need to travel a lot for business)... so from this Tuesday on, I'll be on Skype for several hours per day. Finally regarding big commits, this is why I know that I'm almost alone in coding, so I only commit when I have time for doing that... if I know that someone else is contributing, I will switch to a different commit frequence and dimension. :mri: ----------------------------------- Informpro Sun 18 Aug, 2013 16:11 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Hey, Yeah, I can try with sudoku and links (album's too involved with its bbcode etc), but a first thing might be to already "clean" code from plugins. For example, remove the "if ($plugins cashmod enabled)" and add a hook here. If you have time to move Links, Sudoku and Album to Plugins it would be great. I need to find a hotspot to download code from plugins and analyze a bit more [quote]Regarding "file.php" or "index.php?page=XXX" I'm not really sure about this... I still prefer to have physical files because sometimes you need to tweak something specific that can only be efficiently done with dedicated files... for example when a plugin is very complicated like Album or Download.[/quote]I don't understand what you mean. Having pages/ and plugins/xx/pages/ with index.php?page=... Would still get you physical files, only not root ones. Thanks for the answers on everything else. I don't know how active I'll be since the school start might be a bit rough to be, but know that I know I can offer to frenchies to use IP too, that's easier :). ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Wed 21 Aug, 2013 12:29 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- Ok, now I understand what do you mean. Try to port those plugins and then we will consider how to move the next steps. ----------------------------------- Sarakin Sat 25 Jul, 2015 14:19 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- I know 3 years have passed, but I'd like to go back on topic about the Medal MOD/plugin. I've been reviewing the topic :read: but I haven't found any download link to test it. The only thing I know is that portalpez has it, but I got no way to check if he's using IP 2.x or whichever IP version. Anyone has a clue or is willing to catch up with me about this topic, please? We finally have the time to update to IP 2.x, but this is an important feature on our community and we wouldn't like to lose it. EDIT - Now that I'm logged in, I could see the download ZIP with the MOD (I'd swear in previous IP versions the download file was visible, but not downloadable until logged in, now you cannot see it). Gonna test it this weekend. My eternal gratitude if it works! ----------------------------------- Informpro Sun 26 Jul, 2015 13:32 Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? ----------------------------------- If it doesn't, open a topic for your own problem, and we'll try to get it fixed :-).