https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6962 ----------------------------------- fangedaxa Wed 17 Feb, 2010 08:36 Banner ----------------------------------- hi guys im wondering how to place a banner across topwhere bird is. im totally new to this im using black_pearl theme would like to know easiest way pos? i managed to take bird out and replace that sitelogo_small.png but dont know how to put banner in or size.. ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:28 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- hi again, you may want to replace the background stretchy of the logo, something like this in stylesheet.css find: [code linenumbers=false]#top_logo{ border-width: 0px 0px 0px 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; background: url('./images/top_header.png') repeat; height: 150px;[/code] replace with: [code linenumbers=false]#top_logo{ border-width: 0px 0px 0px 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; background: url('./images/YOUR_PICTURENAME.png') no-repeat; height: 150px;[/code] maybe add and play with the width alittle and upload your picture :wink: or make the mainlogo (the bird) fit the whole space wich would keep it linking to the mainpage when clicked on ----------------------------------- fangedaxa Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:43 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- lo again joshua what i did was replace bird pic with my logo then put that in my acp panel. only trouble is i sized it as far as i could but if i tried making width all way across it made my forums bigger in my browser. what i want to do is make banner all the way without page being bigger than window and get rid of that bit of writing on right of banner. you can take a look and see what i mean my site is http://www.fang.host-4u.co.uk/phpbb/index.php i want to get rid of that your domain.com bit ? ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Wed 17 Feb, 2010 13:12 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- well if you choose to do it like that you may want to look at the overal_header.html find this: [code linenumbers=false] [/code] remove this part: [code linenumbers=false]

{SITENAME}

{SITE_DESCRIPTION}[/code] and try playing with it to fit again :wink: ----------------------------------- fangedaxa Wed 17 Feb, 2010 14:27 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- hi josh i took that bit out and nothing happened it was still there? soz it did work :) resized it but it not 100 percent to right if i make it bigger page gets wider? ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Wed 17 Feb, 2010 14:32 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- well i happened to be viewing a few of your edits and you took out the wrong part? it would help if we got a couple of things clear, lets start with what you choose to do, because now it looks to me like you are trying to do a little bit of both do you want the background changed or do you want the logo changed to cover the background? edited:to make it a little clearer ----------------------------------- fangedaxa Wed 17 Feb, 2010 14:44 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- i would like the banner to fit exactly into top i have stretched it as far as i can. if i make it any longer it makes webpage bigger then i have scroll bar at bottom lol to move left and right .. ok i took that your domain.com bit out so now it just a case of getting banner right soz for not being clear lol. ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Wed 17 Feb, 2010 14:51 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- i still miss the direct answer to..logo or background changed but what i see you are doing now is the logo change can you try 100% width? ----------------------------------- fangedaxa Wed 17 Feb, 2010 14:54 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- [quote user="Joshua203" post="47909"]i still miss the direct answer to..logo or background changed but what i see you are doing now is the logo change can you try 100% width?[/quote] soz dont get you what do you mean 100% width? all i want is logo in top its there but not covering totally to edge right ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Wed 17 Feb, 2010 14:57 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- lol, i mean exactly what it says... loose the 1050 set it to 100% ----------------------------------- fangedaxa Wed 17 Feb, 2010 15:02 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- ok the way im doing it is through my acp panel then clicking on styles. then clicking on imagesets then on edit if i put 100% in it goes small lol ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Wed 17 Feb, 2010 15:12 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- acp does not seem to accept % if you really want to do this in acp open templates and choose overall_header.html from the dropdown menu and find the block of text i posted earlier looking at this closer ... you might also want to remove this line: [code linenumbers=false] [/code] if after setting it to 100% it still gets pushed left edit: uuuhm please forgive me this is not the right advice, i ll rethink this and post again in a minute to avoid confusion: open overalheader.html find this block of code:[code linenumbers=false] [/code] remove this part: [code linenumbers=false]

{SITENAME}

{SITE_DESCRIPTION}   [/code] and set the size of the picture (in acp styles [wich means loose the settings on refresh imageset] or in imageset.cfg [permanent]) ----------------------------------- fangedaxa Wed 17 Feb, 2010 15:28 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- ok thanks :) ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Wed 17 Feb, 2010 15:29 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- let me know what it brings :wink: ----------------------------------- fangedaxa Wed 17 Feb, 2010 15:38 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- ok so bascically change that to 1060x 150 ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Wed 17 Feb, 2010 15:45 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- the width needs to be the same as the forum width settings or experiment alittle but i would not change the height ----------------------------------- fangedaxa Wed 17 Feb, 2010 16:05 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- hi m8 i have tried it i went through my provider downloaded file changed it 1060z150 re uploaded it and nothing happened on webby so went back opened filed and it said 150x150 ?????????? and this is what it says in header [/code] looking at the attached picture (cause the links don t show the same) i guess you want to also loose the site description stuff? in that case replace it with something like this: [code linenumbers=false] [/code] for this switching of logo's could be a mod available somewhere ..i dont know.. but yes this can also be done manually uploading a new one [quote]- Secondly, I need the present logo centered. (See attached picture)... However, if I do use the "Bird" logo, I need it to only fill in the blank area. I don't want it to touch the new Navy logo...just in addition to it...[/quote] by present logo i asume you mean the background pic ("the boat" ....lol) why not edit the picture and paste an empty piece of sea at the right side and then make it full width (the pic or its settings)? this way the sitelogo would cover the emty part of sea and have a nice back ground (sea) and not give you any empty spaces [quote]I think I need to make adjustments to this part, but I don't know what each "0" means or what it does... border-width: 0px 0px 0px 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; [/quote] i m just an amature too and if i want to know something or in case of doubt ...i try changing it and see what has changed :mryellow: (padding will shift it up down left or right) hope this helped a little, dont forget to back up files before modding them :wink: ..Joshua203 ----------------------------------- 93Corvette Sun 28 Feb, 2010 08:42 Re: Banner ----------------------------------- I finally had time to make the changes you suggest.... (Thanks for helping me)... So I got the bird thing to the Right hand side, and it looks great... - I still haven't figured out how to make the site logo centerered... I added the words "align="center" but that doesn't do it.... - Secondly, once I get the site logo fixed, what I want to do is have the "Site Name" above, and the "Site Description" below the bird thingy. That way I can add text like "Support" then "Breast Cancer Researce" of something like that. The bird logo I will swap with different picutures... Any idea what I'm doing wrong? ------------ My code now ------------