https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7629 ----------------------------------- Piet Thu 10 Feb, 2011 11:17 Hide Chat-Button For Bots ----------------------------------- Hello. Style: rainbow pearl and black pearl. I have a chat in my forum (ajax_chat-0.8.3_phpBB3). I would like to hide the chat button for guests and bots. How can I do that? The line for the chat button in the menu_block.html: [code linenumbers=false]Chat  [/code] The complete menu_block.html: [code linenumbers=false]
{L_REGISTER}    {L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}    {L_PROFILE}    {L_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}    Chat   {PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO} / {PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO_UNREAD}    {L_MEMBERLIST}    {L_SEARCH}    {L_FAQ}   {L_STATISTICS}
[/code] Thank you. Greetings Piet edit: One more question about it. What I have to change, so the link will not open in a new window? ----------------------------------- mort Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:32 Re: Hide Chat-Button For Bots ----------------------------------- Try this: Replace: [code linenumbers=false]Chat [/code] With: [code linenumbers=false] Chat [/code] [quote]What I have to change, so the link will not open in a new window?[/quote] Remove:[b] target="_blank" [/b] [b][i]Pretty basic stuff![/i][/b] Maybe you should spend some at phpbb.com reading about these things? :roll: ----------------------------------- Piet Thu 10 Feb, 2011 14:21 Re: Hide Chat-Button For Bots ----------------------------------- Many thanks for the reply. This has helped me a lot. :mrgreen: I am not a php expert. Learning while doing. A lot of help I get myself in fact at phpbb.com. Much also at this place, here was helped me very well because this is exactly the place for such questions is:[url=http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?p=51448#p51448]Link And yet there are forums to do exactly what I asked. :idea: ----------------------------------- mort Thu 10 Feb, 2011 21:53 Re: Hide Chat-Button For Bots ----------------------------------- [quote user="Piet" post="51450"]A lot of help I get myself in fact at phpbb.com.[/quote] I keep forgetting how daunting phpBB template code must be for people who are trying to learn it as they go. :mryellow: It's not the easiest to read and follow! :(