https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8173 ----------------------------------- Blitzkri3g Tue 25 Oct, 2011 09:37 ReColourizing Black Pearl & Links ----------------------------------- Mighty Gordon first of all THANKS for the best phpbb3 Style ever! This is my style of choice and the default in my site/forum! :mryellow: I have a question for you though cos I a total newb in these matters. :oops: I used ColorizeIt to make it Black and White but since it changes every colour without discrimination I need to change the colour of the posted links. Now every link posted is the same colour as plain text in a post. :? What do I need to edit/change to make links appear for example red? N. ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Tue 25 Oct, 2011 12:31 Re: ReColourizing Black Pearl & Links ----------------------------------- Welcome to IcyPhoenix Blitzkri3g, First of all, I have moved your post out of the release thread, if you you want to thank MG in there, report a bug or something similar then be my guest and make a new post there. But since your post contained a support request it's best placed here instead of in a stickyed topic about releases. Now on to your question... I can imagine if you colourize red and yellow to change it to white that it would change all link colours (since they are using those exact colours, not just menubar-, forum-, title- links and whatever more) I think you need to take a close look at the stylesheet.css and for example search for the term "link". This may become quite a puzzle once you start messing with it but IMHO it's the best way. If you still need help after taking this close look ..please try to be very specific about what you want exactly and maybe hand us a link to the place you are talking about. Greetings, ...Joshua203 ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 30 Oct, 2011 10:51 Re: ReColourizing Black Pearl & Links ----------------------------------- [b]Joshua203[/b] is right... have a look at the stylesheet, and particularly this section: [codeblock]a:link { color: #FFCC33; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { color: #FFCC33; text-decoration: none; } a:hover { color: #DD2222; text-decoration: underline; } a:active { color: #FFCC33; text-decoration: none; } a.forumlink, a.forumlink:visited { color: #FFCC33; font-family: Verdana, "Trebuchet MS", "Lucida Grande", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 1.2em; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; } a.forumlink:hover, a.forumlink:active { color: #DD2222; font-family: Verdana, "Trebuchet MS", "Lucida Grande", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 1.2em; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } a.topictitle { margin: 1px 0; font-family: Verdana, "Trebuchet MS", "Lucida Grande", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em; } a.topictitle:visited { color: #FFCC33; text-decoration: none; } th a, th a:visited { color: #0088FF !important; text-decoration: none; } th a:hover { text-decoration: underline; } a.subforum.read { background-image: url('./images/subforum_read.gif'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 3px; padding-left: 12px; } a.subforum.unread { background-image: url('./images/subforum_unread.gif'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 3px; padding-left: 12px; } .forum-buttons a, .forum-buttons a:visited { color: #FFCC33; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: top; } .forum-buttons a:hover, .forum-buttons a:active { color: #DD2222; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: top; }[/codeblock] Thanks for the compliments. :mri: ----------------------------------- Blitzkri3g Mon 31 Oct, 2011 00:55 Re: ReColourizing Black Pearl & Links ----------------------------------- Thank you very much for the replies! :mrorange: I m looking into the CSS code and I ll let you know what I ve come up with! Hope I ll get it right! :wink: N. ----------------------------------- Blitzkri3g Fri 04 Nov, 2011 22:16 Re: ReColourizing Black Pearl & Links ----------------------------------- Well,all is well... :mryellow: The problem is that the links colours for the posts are used universally in the forum. The same colour is used for example for the thread links etc. Any tips in customising the CSS code more?! N. ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Sat 05 Nov, 2011 01:49 Re: ReColourizing Black Pearl & Links ----------------------------------- [quote user="Joshua203" post="54351"]please try to be very specific about what you want exactly and maybe hand us a link to the place you are talking about. [/quote] and maybe even attach the css you have sofar :wink: (the one closest to the result you want!) ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:07 Re: ReColourizing Black Pearl & Links ----------------------------------- If I understand correctly you want to change only the color of the links posted in posts... is that right? In that case it's better to create a new class and edit your bbcode.html file: [codeblock]{DESCRIPTION}[/codeblock] The class you are looking for is called "postlink" now. ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:13 Re: ReColourizing Black Pearl & Links ----------------------------------- Meantime I've seen this board (because of a help thread at phpbb release) and he came pretty close (I heard no complaints about how it is now :mryellow: ). If Blitzkri3g would have responded for more help I would have suggested Prime Links mod, which would do what you suggest and a little more if needed :wink: ----------------------------------- Blitzkri3g Mon 12 Dec, 2011 13:15 Re: ReColourizing Black Pearl & Links ----------------------------------- [quote user="Joshua203" post="54542"]Meantime I've seen this board (because of a help thread at phpbb release) and he came pretty close (I heard no complaints about how it is now :mryellow: ). If Blitzkri3g would have responded for more help I would have suggested Prime Links mod, which would do what you suggest and a little more if needed :wink:[/quote] Hey there,just saw that email from the forum and logged in to see whats going on! :) Well,I ll give Prime Links MOD to see what I can come up with and post the results! This forum is a valuable source of help and you guys are fantastic! Thanks again for all your support and help! So far,my board is running great! I m having an empty error Log for 3 months now! Thats a first for us,believe me! :D N. ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Mon 12 Dec, 2011 14:30 Re: ReColourizing Black Pearl & Links ----------------------------------- I for one am usually intrested to see (or hear) results, thanks for your reply and compliments Blitzkri3g :wink: