https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8660 ----------------------------------- mort Fri 31 Aug, 2012 15:29 Simple Countdown - Working Demo :) ----------------------------------- Who wants to finish this? :mryellow: As I don't really feel like installing phpBB and MG themes just to finish it. :P It's only the paths you have to change, and add some block mark-up in the countdown.html for the theme you are using. You will also no doubt have to edit the one and only image path in the main.css. [b]COPY[/b] countdown.html to your style/template/countdown.html [b]COPY[/b] the countdown folder and contents to: root/countdown/*.* In your style/template/ [b]OPEN:[/b] overall_header.html [b]FIND[/b]: [b]BEFORE ADD:[/b] ########################## Change the "Countdown Dates" in root/countdown/js/[b]add-date.js[/b] ########################## [b]ADD[/b] this var to wherever you want the countdown clock to appear in another template.html or block etc. [b][/b] ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Fri 31 Aug, 2012 19:11 Re: Simple Countdown - Unfinished ----------------------------------- Well sofar... countdown.html (give a br at top and/or bottom if needed): [code linenumbers=false]

Something Here

We're counting down
weeks
days
hours
minutes
seconds

[/code] main.css: [code linenumbers=false]#dash_container { width: 700px; color: #555555; } #countdown_dashboard { height: 110px; } .dash { width: 110px; height: 114px; background: transparent url('../images/dash.png') 0 0 no-repeat; float: left; margin-left: 20px; position: relative; } .dash .digit { font-size: 55pt; font-weight: bold; float: left; width: 55px; text-align: center; font-family: Times; color: #555555; position: relative; } .dash_title { position: absolute; display: block; bottom: 0px; right: 6px; font-size: 9pt; color: #555555; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; }[/code] But eventhough it reads the main.css in forumroot/countdown (telling me those paths are correct) it doesn't start counting ...maybe I'm overlooking the obvious? The above code was tested on black pearl but should fit milkyway too I guess :wink: EDIT .. this is an example of how it looks: [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/5259/counter.jpg[/img] ----------------------------------- mort Sat 01 Sep, 2012 00:35 Re: Simple Countdown - Unfinished ----------------------------------- Works fine for me as it comes (with your css and mark up). :mryellow: [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/8840/untitled_1_1346452672_721133.png[/img] Check that you don't already have jquery in your theme If you do, then drop this from the header. You can also get rid of this and the misc.js as it's junk for something else that was in the html. [b]Edit:[/b] Mmmm, you already do have the core jquery.js installed. And that is more than likely the problem. ;) ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Sat 01 Sep, 2012 12:11 Re: Simple Countdown - Unfinished ----------------------------------- Yeah, I think you're right Mort but I'm glad to know it should be ok for others to use ...this time I'll give it a miss :lol: (I have nothing to countdown anyway) I forgot to validate the html and css though but I expect you would have noticed any errors even without checking :lol: ----------------------------------- mort Sat 01 Sep, 2012 12:34 Re: Simple Countdown - Unfinished ----------------------------------- [quote user="Joshua203" post="56591"] (I have nothing to countdown anyway)[/quote] Hahaha! :mryellow: If you ever do you could use something like this. http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/sports-countdown-clocks/ [quote] I forgot to validate the html and css though but I expect you would have noticed any errors even without checking :lol: [/quote] You did well! :P ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Sat 01 Sep, 2012 14:11 Re: Simple Countdown - Unfinished ----------------------------------- I can confirm removing the 1.2.2pack from the footer definately makes the clock tick and not look like it's beyond "lift off" time. Now let's wait for a reply from The Crow so you can mark it solved (and/or name it finished) If I ever know my date of death I now have lots of counters to choose from ..thanks :lol: oooh for anyone trying this ...the include can be added anywhere below [code linenumbers=false]
[/code]