https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5718 ----------------------------------- DWho Mon 13 Apr, 2009 13:30 CMS Auth ----------------------------------- Hi quick question about RC1 I am trying to make it so a member of my site can change blocks, add and delete block on the cms pages... I do not want them to have complete access to the cms.... the permissions in the acp/cms permission are content manger publisher reviewer now content manager has complete access to the cms which i do not want publisher and reviewer seem to do the same thing as far as I can tell neither can add, delete or change blocks... is there away so that publisher for example can edit cms pages and change add delete blocks etc if there is away can someone show me as I cannot find it and if it is not possible can I change the code to make it work... I will try myself but do not want to mess with the code if the option is alrady there thanks for reading :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sat 18 Apr, 2009 12:35 Re: CMS Auth ----------------------------------- Please note that what I'm writing here is only valid for Icy Phoenix 1.3 RC or higher... At the moment the level Reviewer it is not used. :sad: If you set permission to "Publisher" then the user should be able to edit the block... but only by accessing the direct edit link which is not displayed. I'm still thinking to the best way to accomplish that. Can you test it please? ----------------------------------- DWho Sat 18 Apr, 2009 15:08 Re: CMS Auth ----------------------------------- Hi Been away for a couple of days so have not had a chance to look... I messed about with the code a little (like you do) I made it so publisher could edit the page look under cms adv... (how fantastic is that) but could not add or delete a page and so they can add blocks to pages that are already there... but as I only changed the permissions will definitely look at the newer version and let you know... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sat 18 Apr, 2009 18:34 Re: CMS Auth ----------------------------------- Ok, please let me know, because I need double check on that which I have only roughly tested on my test site. ----------------------------------- DWho Sat 18 Apr, 2009 20:00 Re: CMS Auth ----------------------------------- probably a dumb question but where is version 1.3rc :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- novice programmer Sun 19 Apr, 2009 15:30 Re: CMS Auth ----------------------------------- DWho: Not a dumb question, such MG has not commited the code to the repo. [code]######################################## ## BUILD 049 ## ######################################## ##################### ##UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '2' WHERE config_name = 'main_admin_id'; #-- DB CHANGES FOR VERSIONING UPDATE phpbb_attachments_config SET config_value = '2.4.5' WHERE config_name = 'attach_version'; UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '3.0.7' WHERE config_name = 'upi2db_version'; UPDATE phpbb_album_config SET config_value = '1.5.0' WHERE config_name = 'fap_version'; UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '.0.23' WHERE config_name = 'version'; UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = '1.2.21.48' WHERE config_name = 'ip_version'; [/code] db_update_000.sql Awaiting for MG code update.... ----------------------------------- DWho Sun 19 Apr, 2009 21:30 Re: CMS Auth ----------------------------------- thanks for that I will have a look :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [size=14][color=#00FF00][b]post updated[/b][/color][/size] [quote user="Mighty Gorgon" post="38513"]Ok, please let me know, because I need double check on that which I have only roughly tested on my test site.[/quote] ok just tested on the latest svn release... at present neither publisher nor reviewer can access any part of the cms.. there is no edit this page link on the home page... but if you typr in the url to the block you wish to edit as publisher they can edit that block... on rc1 you had the edit page link and the cms page came up with the blocks that the publisher could edit or delete... as described above they cannot... FYI :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 26 Apr, 2009 19:27 Re: CMS Auth ----------------------------------- 1.3 RC1 is the latest RC... even if I left version 1.2.x, it is meant to be 1.3 when it will be finally released... :wink: Regarding your report, I guess I have to check auths again... :cry: