https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6378 ----------------------------------- grafnap Thu 27 Aug, 2009 23:56 Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- hi all, i need help as i would like to have my categories links in my dyn menus always closed, since i have many links in menus, instead of when someone comes to site they see all opened ... thanks. ----------------------------------- spydie Fri 28 Aug, 2009 00:18 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- I think that i´ve read something about this issue , but i don´t remember where that was. Have you tried running a search for nav links block ----------------------------------- grafnap Fri 28 Aug, 2009 00:41 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- yes, i always search first to avoid looking like a idiot, lol ... sometimes i spend hours in here just searching, lol... ok, i think the appropriate term to use is minimizing the dynamic menus so only the categories are seen and not all the links inside ... ----------------------------------- spydie Fri 28 Aug, 2009 00:44 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- i think i´ve seen that issue in an template discussion but i´m not shure ----------------------------------- grafnap Fri 28 Aug, 2009 15:50 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- ok then, since this is very important to me, i will try to keep this opened because i really would like to solve this problem... so if this cannot be corrected, then does somebody have suggestions for another idea? ... i have seen there was drop down post for nav link, but i did not find the codes to change and will it work for dynamic menu? thanks all in advance for all your help. ----------------------------------- Chaotic Fri 28 Aug, 2009 18:52 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- Are you talking about the drop-down menu for Icy Phoenix? If so, the block is called [b]global header [Global Header][/b]. ----------------------------------- spydie Fri 28 Aug, 2009 19:15 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- nope. Talking about Quick_nav_link´s block. i think i´ve read something here talking about a code change so the block is closed when you entyer the page. not all open (with all links show´n) ----------------------------------- DWho Fri 28 Aug, 2009 19:20 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- that's a cookie issue.. with the block...icy1.2 had it closed by default ... i do not know if MG changed it so it was open for 1.3 i did have a look a little while ago but got distracted with something else... i think a member here who does templates had it set to close on his templates maybe he will help.. if Mg does not see this first ----------------------------------- grafnap Fri 28 Aug, 2009 21:33 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- yes, I would like it set closed as default, this is for Dynamic Menus, not Nav_Link Menu ... DWho, if you could find out the person who had it set to close, i could ask him/her ... thanx again. ----------------------------------- spydie Fri 28 Aug, 2009 22:45 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- i think you should ask elpulgas if i´m not wrong it was him ----------------------------------- elpulgas Sat 29 Aug, 2009 00:15 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- [quote user="spydie" post="43625"]i think you should ask elpulgas if i´m not wrong it was him[/quote] No, I tried but didn't succeed =( What I did was take the JavaScript from it to use it on a quicklogin tab. However the tab is open by default even if I don't use the cookie. Sorry but I can't help much and I'm kind of in the same problem. You can ask Lopalong since he had a working code for something similar :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- spydie Sat 29 Aug, 2009 00:29 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- But i´ve been right , i´ve seen this issue in one of your posts ----------------------------------- elpulgas Sat 29 Aug, 2009 00:44 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- Well I can only remember that one. Maybe I created a similar topic on how to do it. A question:When you see my site, are they closed or open? ----------------------------------- spydie Sat 29 Aug, 2009 00:54 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- closed i would say this is a view [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/6197/dibujo_1251500048_987052.jpg[/img] ----------------------------------- Lopalong Sat 29 Aug, 2009 01:06 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- Put this file in the theme folder you are using - Edit it to suit whatever you want to add or remove. ;) [b]Note[/b]: You will no doubt need to change all the old block vars to the new constants used in IP1.3 :( These for example: Etc, etc. ----------------------------------- elpulgas Sat 29 Aug, 2009 14:41 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- [quote user="spydie" post="43637"]closed i would say this is a view [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/6197/dibujo_1251500048_987052.jpg[/img][/quote] Ok then I shall try the login tab with that and let you know if that works. Although probably you have a cookie stored? I'll also check Lppalong's file and try that code. He needs it for dyn menu so that would have to be applied to the block. ----------------------------------- grafnap Sat 29 Aug, 2009 15:38 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- Thank you so much lopalong, and thanx to all... but excuse my ignorance i still need a little help here... ok, I am assuming the nav_quick_links.tpl is also for the dynamic menus, (since i am not using the nav menu) ok... now, to change these variables... my menus are for everybody ... not just registered user ... and there is nothing for admin either, so ... i tried to figure out which variable to change it to... only thing i saw was this one: is this the variable for everybody? should i change all the other variables to this one? (after reading elpugas, i am so totally lost, lol) ----------------------------------- spydie Sat 29 Aug, 2009 15:42 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- Nope that variable has got to do with showing in Header only NEW or show NEW- U-R etc. That you can change in ACP [quote user="elpulgas" post="43686"] Ok then I shall try the login tab with that and let you know if that works. Although probably you have a cookie stored? [/quote] Don´t think so. since i´ve cleaned my FF cache a few day´s ago. And i haven´t been to your site in ages ----------------------------------- elpulgas Sat 29 Aug, 2009 16:48 Re: Closed Dyn Menu Categories - Links? ----------------------------------- [quote user="grafnap" post="43689"]Thank you so much lopalong, and thanx to all... but excuse my ignorance i still need a little help here... ok, I am assuming the nav_quick_links.tpl is also for the dynamic menus, (since i am not using the nav menu) ok... now, to change these variables... my menus are for everybody ... not just registered user ... and there is nothing for admin either, so ... i tried to figure out which variable to change it to... only thing i saw was this one: is this the variable for everybody? should i change all the other variables to this one? (after reading elpugas, i am so totally lost, lol)[/quote] LOL I'm sorry I confused you :mrgreen: But you don't have to edit nav_quick_links.tpl if you are using dyn menu. To edit that menu you need a file called dyn_menu.tpl that is inside a folder called blocks. That folder is inside the template's folder or in the default folder. If you don't use the UPI2DB feature then don't worry too much about it. [quote user="spydie" post="43692"]Nope that variable has got to do with showing in Header only NEW or show NEW- U-R etc. That you can change in ACP [quote user="elpulgas" post="43686"] Ok then I shall try the login tab with that and let you know if that works. Although probably you have a cookie stored? [/quote] Don´t think so. since i´ve cleaned my FF cache a few day´s ago. And i haven´t been to your site in ages[/quote] Well then it might be true and they somehow are closed by default. I'll look into it later. :mrgreen: [size=18][b]EDIT and most importantly:solution:[/b][/size] Well I've been looking into the code and the JavaScript seems to be the same overall. However I think I may know what the difference is :mrgreen: [spoiler][align=center]This code is part of the nav_quick_links.tpl of icy_phoenix templates: [code linenumbers=false]