https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6566 ----------------------------------- AndyGpy Wed 14 Oct, 2009 20:18 Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- If I enable the rewrite mod on my site I get the following error when I click on any of my gallerys , also no images are displayed in my album section in the portal. The requested URL /Forum/birds-pictures-ac1.html was not found on this server. I didnt realise my seo was off , so i switched it on as my google stats had dropped since my previous version of ICY ( 27C) Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I have already spoken with my host and they tell me that the rewrite mod is enabled on their servers. Below is my HTACCESS file. this is the one stored in my root and not in the IP folder. Help Appreciated by the big guns in here !! regards :?: ----------------------------------- AndyGpy Thu 15 Oct, 2009 20:18 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- Surely someone else has had this problem. I cannot put my SEO URL Re-Write on without my pictures not showing and forums not being valid URL's can someone help !! cheers ----------------------------------- AndyGpy Fri 16 Oct, 2009 23:52 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- I dont believe it, can no one offer help on this matter, will i have to approach the almighty one !! -- MG ----------------------------------- AndyGpy Sun 18 Oct, 2009 09:42 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- BUMP :P ----------------------------------- spydie Sun 18 Oct, 2009 12:19 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- could it be that your server does´nt accept ht-access files ?? you can pass that by creating an php.ini file to enable the rewrite mod ----------------------------------- AndyGpy Sun 18 Oct, 2009 13:47 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- From what i have been told by my host of the virtual servers is that re-write should not be a problem on their behalf. Anyone else care to have a crack regards ----------------------------------- AndyGpy Mon 19 Oct, 2009 18:23 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- omg I thought that will other people having similiar issues in the past this would be easy enough for someone. STAFF / ADMIN can you guys help ?? regards ----------------------------------- Chaotic Mon 19 Oct, 2009 19:49 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- Have you tried replacing the .htaccess file with a fresh copy from the IP package? Just go through the fresh copy and only decomment the URL Rewrite line and upload it. If it works, go back through the file and decomment the lines you had before one by one and see which one is causing the problem. It's worth a try or another try until MG checks this out. 8) ----------------------------------- AndyGpy Mon 19 Oct, 2009 20:22 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- Cheers Chaotic, Have tried that and still no Joy, i need the mighty MG !!! Someone shine the bat torch !! Hope he reads this post. regards ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Wed 21 Oct, 2009 00:18 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- I read every single post, but unfortunately I don't have answer for everyone... :sad: I have no clue why URL Rewrite is not working only for album. BTW... I hate URL Rewrite... and I have never enabled it on my sites. :wink: ----------------------------------- AndyGpy Wed 21 Oct, 2009 09:24 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- Its not just for albums, i also have problems with forums too when i enable it. I enabled it for SEO purposes as i am no longer high in the google stats like i was on the previous version of IP. I dont know what to do now. I will have to review my options for site and what solutions are avaliable, hate to have to hang up IP becasue of this LOL regards ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Wed 21 Oct, 2009 19:24 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- URL Rewrite is working fine on my local test environment and even on [url=http://www.icyphoenix.it/forum.php]Icy Phoenix IT where I have enabled for testing purpose. I'm quite sure that it is not working on your site for one of the following reasons: [list][*]You either didn't update or edit wrong some core files [*]Your hosting doesn't have rewrite enabled properly [*]Your hosting doesn't allow your htaccess to work properly [*]You have some errors in your htaccess[/list] Please make sure you check all the points and then try again. That feature is working fine on a well configured server and plain Icy Phoenix installation. Also you can try with a clean install into a subfolder. ----------------------------------- Lopalong Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:14 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- Also if you have FTR (Force to read) enabled - Try disabling it GLOBALLY! As it was known to throw up this kind of problem. ;) ----------------------------------- AndyGpy Thu 22 Oct, 2009 21:21 Re: Help Please - SEO And URL Re-Write ----------------------------------- Right Guys, Im a Beast today !!!! 2nd problemo sorted !!!! Anyone Else having the same issue or a similiar issue then i suggest you check /etc/apache2/sites-available/default Find the line that says Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride None Order allow,deny allow from all change to Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride [color=#ff0033][b]All[/b][/color] Order allow,deny allow from all Problem now fixed, can you please close this thread. regards and thanks for all the ideas.