https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6788 ----------------------------------- spydie Fri 18 Dec, 2009 22:56 Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- Hi all I´ve noticed that the forgot password is´nt working like it should. Happen´s on mi sites and minimum 2 more. If you forgot your pasword, Icy sends you a new one by mail. to this point OK. But it does´nt reconize the new PW sended. I had to change manualy the PW of 2 Users who forgot they´re Pass. Same happend to mi on Icy Spain. It would´nt reconize the Pass sended on request. And on a friends site the same . Users forgot their pass, requested a new one and Icy did´nt accept it. ----------------------------------- Markuz Nightwind Sat 19 Dec, 2009 09:17 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- Can confirm it, but it appears randomly on my website. Some passwords works, some not... (got over 500 failed login attemps in a few days, but usually they fix it resending 2/3 times) ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sat 26 Dec, 2009 11:42 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- I have never experienced this, I will make some tests. If someone else could confirm this I will highly appreciate. ----------------------------------- Informpro Sat 26 Dec, 2009 12:36 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- I have try in local and with ip.fr, and It works ... ----------------------------------- odelot Sat 26 Dec, 2009 13:45 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- I have the same problem and I'think that users don't have the correct password, the forum does not become tired of failed attempts ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 29 Dec, 2009 12:01 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- Do you have a test website where I can register a test account and test? ----------------------------------- spydie Tue 29 Dec, 2009 13:13 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- Luca. Test here http://pruebas.forofos-f1.com Thats an 1.3.0.53aRC3 instalation Or you test it on Icy Spain. I had the same problem there Edit: Just tested on my mentioned site. gave it 5 tries and the generated passwords aren´t working ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 29 Dec, 2009 15:33 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- I have just tried and it is working fine. Did you click the activation link sent by email before trying the new password? The password isn't changed until you click the provided link... ----------------------------------- spydie Tue 29 Dec, 2009 15:45 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- yes i did still is´nt working for me there. hm maybe it´s related to the mail used i´m using my hosting mail acount on there ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 29 Dec, 2009 15:49 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- That is really strange... try with another email account and let me know. ----------------------------------- spydie Tue 29 Dec, 2009 16:02 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- Question. could it be related to spanish translation of Icy? ----------------------------------- odelot Tue 29 Dec, 2009 16:03 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- The problem in my site is when the user click the link and he introduce the password sent, that passwor is wrong. Example, recently in my site [i]Hola, .... Está recibiendo este correo porque usted (o alguien haciéndose pasar por usted) ha pedido que se le enviase una nueva contraseña para su cuenta en eltricornio.es. Si no ha solicitado este correo, ignórelo. Si sigue recibiéndolo, por favor, contacte con el administrador de los foros. Para usar la nueva contraseña debe activarla. Para hacerlo use el siguiente enlace: http://www.eltricornio.es/profile.php?mode=activate&u=1507&act_key=7c97a535fcea4cd12 Si todo marcha bien, podrá entrar usando la siguiente contraseña: Contraseña: 8da4685f Obviamente, podrá cambiar esta contraseña a través de la página de su perfil. Si tiene algún problema, por favor, póngase en contacto con el administrador de los foros. -- Atentamente. [/i] ----------------------------------- Costa Tue 29 Dec, 2009 18:45 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- [quote user="odelot"]when the user click the link and he introduce the password sent, that passwor is wrong. ..... http://www.eltricornio.es/profile.php?mode=activate&u=1507&act_key=7c97a535fcea4cd12 .... Contraseña: 8da4685f [/quote] The system when asking for the password always sends a new random password (as I now), not that pass it had awarded. This new random password have u try if it works; ----------------------------------- spydie Tue 29 Dec, 2009 20:28 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- hm strange. I´ve tried in every possible way now and no chance or is it , that it does´nt work for admins? ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Wed 30 Dec, 2009 10:01 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- I will make further tests, but the feature seems to work fine. ----------------------------------- spydie Wed 30 Dec, 2009 10:53 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- 19 logs in the tracker in 1 day. thats definitly not working well. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Wed 30 Dec, 2009 14:48 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- So the problem is related to CTracker? ----------------------------------- spydie Wed 30 Dec, 2009 15:19 Re: Possible BUG In 1.3.0.53a ----------------------------------- nope. don´t think so. I just say, Theres 19 entries with wrong pass in the tracker log. in just one day