https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9035 ----------------------------------- Robin Hood Tue 14 May, 2013 17:39 Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- Good Evening Folks, first of all thanks for your support, I've followed you from a long time. I've some troubles with my IcyPhoenix Forum, especially with unread messages. In fact i usually open it from different devices (laptop, iPhone and a PC). It seems that if I read all topics in one of theese devices (and i mark them as read) the other devices said that they are still unread! The account doesn't registrate if i read one of them and mark them read in all of my devices. Also if I push logout/log in, all posts become read, and the moderation is really really difficult. I've tried to abilitate the fuction "UPI2DB Acitve" but without success, it's always the same Thanks for your attention, I hope you can help me and resolve my problem Best Regards ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Tue 14 May, 2013 18:54 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- [quote user="Robin Hood" post="58924"]Good Evening Folks, first of all thanks for your support, I've followed you from a long time. [/quote] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0050.gif[/img] welcome to being actively involved now [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/images/smiles/0056.gif[/img] [quote]Good Evening Folks, first of all thanks for your support, I've followed you from a long time. I've some troubles with my IcyPhoenix Forum, especially with unread messages. In fact i usually open it from different devices (laptop, iPhone and a PC). It seems that if I read all topics in one of theese devices (and i mark them as read) the other devices said that they are still unread! The account doesn't registrate if i read one of them and mark them read in all of my devices[/quote] This would probably be because it's a cookie thing and not a DB thing, test it with other forum types and see what happens? [quote]Also if I push logout/log in, all posts become read, and the moderation is really really difficult.[/quote] I have to wait for a possibillity to test and see what you mean. A way arround this would be using digest to fall back on if it happens. Greetings, ...Joshua203 ----------------------------------- Robin Hood Tue 14 May, 2013 19:13 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- [quote]This would probably be because it's a cookie thing and not a DB thing, test it with other forum types and see what happens?[/quote] Thank You Joshua for your answer, well i confirm that with other forums (without modify nothing from my browser settings) this thing DOESN'T happen. Post Read are read in every devices i use. I don't know what settings should i modify in my ACP to avoid this problem... It's really annoying and some users report this to me and request to resolve as soon as possibile! But unfortunately i don't how! So.... Waiting for you :mrgreen: Best Regards! ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Tue 14 May, 2013 19:29 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- I'm glad I typed "probably" :lol: All I can think of now is ..make sure cookies are allowed or delete all board cookies to see if this changes anything :oops: Since you gave me the opportunity to test (by posting) .. I use upi2db and I i noticed 1 new and 1 unread, I logged out an saw 0 new and 1 unread after logging in again. So I might understand wrong or you really have a cookie problem? I'm hoping someone with more knowledge and brain jumps in :mrorange: ----------------------------------- Robin Hood Tue 14 May, 2013 19:51 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- I Think it should be a cookie problem, I've no other ideas... I've tried to delete/modify without succes the cookie domine, but nothing happened... So do you suggest me to cancel all cookie? How could i do it? Regards ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Tue 14 May, 2013 20:00 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- Couldn't hurt much to delete board cookies once and see if it cures anything. There's a link on your portal page called "delete cookies" or hit: [code linenumbers=false]http://your forum root/remove_cookies.php[/code] that would be the easiest way. ----------------------------------- Robin Hood Tue 14 May, 2013 20:12 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- Well, i've cancel my cookies, but nothing happened, in one pc they are marked as read, in the other there are unread... I'm becoming mad :( ****I'VE AN UPDATE**** Suppose I'm consulting the Forum over my laptop, i've read unread topics and they became read. If I want to see them read in the other devices (e.g. iPhone) i MUST do the log-out over my laptop. If I don't make the log-out, the forum doesn't update over my other devices... So.... How can I change it? So that the logout is not important but only when a post become read, automatically update its situation even in other devices? Thanks! ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Wed 15 May, 2013 21:23 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- The only way is using UPI2DB system. You need to enable it in ACP and then in your profile. ----------------------------------- TeRreMoto Tue 28 May, 2013 20:57 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- I have same problem in my forums :? :? I read the new messages and newmessage counter is set to 0, and when I reconnect again the counter set to 4.5... new message :cry: ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Wed 29 May, 2013 00:08 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- Hi there TeRreMoto , By any chance .. when you reconnect, do you reconnect to forum.php and the missing (#) was on another page? What I'm trying to say is that (#) is mainly (or only?) visible on forum.php! If you are reconnecting on another computer, you ar right ..same topic. If not ..then it's completely different. I would also like to remind you that for getting fast and more accurate support... such as.. what cookie system do you use? :wink: ----------------------------------- TeRreMoto Wed 29 May, 2013 00:41 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- [quote user="Joshua203" post="58966"]Hi there TeRreMoto , By any chance .. when you reconnect, do you reconnect to forum.php and the missing (#) was on another page? What I'm trying to say is that (#) is mainly (or only?) visible on forum.php! [/quote] I´m going to reconnect to forums.php and the number of # is equal and sometimes increases. and is only visible on forum.php [quote user="Joshua203" post="58966"] If you are reconnecting on another computer, you ar right ..same topic. [/quote] I have the same problem in another computer, and forum users too. what you mean with cookies system? excuse my ignorance :oops: ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Wed 29 May, 2013 01:36 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- I think you should post this at http://www.icyphoenix.es, because after only 2 replies we are both not following/understanding eachother :oops: I'm sure at least Spydie is frequently checking for new posts (even if lately he's a bit quiete :lol: ) By DB system i mean.. UPI2DB or normal cooky system in your settings. Anyway ..I think for you it is /more easy to try to first get support in Spannish :wink: ----------------------------------- spydie Sun 02 Jun, 2013 13:32 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- <- not checking as frequently as i would like lately, due to work :( but for shure once or twice a week. have´nt seen anything from him in icy.es ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Sun 02 Jun, 2013 15:31 Re: Problems With Unread Topics With Same Account Different Machines ----------------------------------- [quote user="spydie" post="58977"]have´nt seen anything from him in icy.es[/quote] Yeah I noticed it too Spydie, I don't understand why not though :roll: Good to see you type again :wink: Sorry to hear your time is being eaten by work, don't forget money is less important than health and happiness. Take care Spydie :wink: ps... I don't think he has the same problem as Robin Hood :wink: