https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9109 ----------------------------------- Silverman Sat 07 Sep, 2013 00:23 A Question Regarding Phpbb3 Mod Conversion To IP 2.0 ----------------------------------- I have been looking around and meddling with things and to a point lost. I admit I am a lot more familiar with the guts of 1.3. Has anyone built a guide, or perhaps can point me in the right direction. The mod more specificly I am trying to do is called Applys by Barley. https://code.google.com/p/phpbb3-wow-applys/ I want to try to get this working for IP, if it does work I can think of so many ways everyone can use it not just for Wow but a lot of things. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. ----------------------------------- Informpro Sat 07 Sep, 2013 12:35 Re: A Question Regarding Phpbb3 Mod Conversion To IP 2.0 ----------------------------------- Well, I think now it's easier to use phpBB3 mods than ever :). You'll have to change includes/acp/acp_applys to phpBB2's admin format (adm/admin_applys.php) because we don't support (yet?) phpBB3 ACP. I think the biggest part is already usable, in the sense that our $db and $template functions are similar AFAIK, even functions_applys might be almost working - that needs checking with MG. ----------------------------------- Silverman Sat 07 Sep, 2013 12:53 Re: A Question Regarding Phpbb3 Mod Conversion To IP 2.0 ----------------------------------- so essentially a lot of what I need to work (should be) fine I just need to adjust maybe file structure and naming conventions, then clean up and test the results. After troubleshoot things as necessary? Now if I did this mod I would assume I would be working in the plugins section (save for the applys.php of course) and make sure everything is pointed that way, or should I be looking at this as a manual edit and placing the files in the root folders rather than the plugins folder. ----------------------------------- Informpro Thu 19 Sep, 2013 20:45 Re: A Question Regarding Phpbb3 Mod Conversion To IP 2.0 ----------------------------------- Place all root files in root, and all other files (includes/, etc) in the plugin directory. We don't have many php hooks atm, but we need more anyway :). ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Tue 01 Oct, 2013 16:32 Re: A Question Regarding Phpbb3 Mod Conversion To IP 2.0 ----------------------------------- Sorry for the delay in answering... I don't know if you made any progress on this, but if you could share your progress (maybe GIT?) we can try to help in converting as a plugin. Provided you do the main job... as I have only limited spare time right now. ----------------------------------- Silverman Fri 11 Oct, 2013 22:30 Re: A Question Regarding Phpbb3 Mod Conversion To IP 2.0 ----------------------------------- I have no problem doing that, give me a bit to get everything together. So far I have it not throwing a bunch of errors. That's about it. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 13 Oct, 2013 22:27 Re: A Question Regarding Phpbb3 Mod Conversion To IP 2.0 ----------------------------------- [quote user="Silverman" post="59309"]So far I have it not throwing a bunch of errors. That's about it.[/quote] That's great.