https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3021 ----------------------------------- wingzfan Wed 31 Oct, 2007 14:39 Page Width ----------------------------------- Normally the page width is set in the overall header but I cant figure it out in IP. Im trying to make the black pearl template 1024 wide and centered. Can someone point me in the right direction ----------------------------------- novice programmer Wed 31 Oct, 2007 15:20 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- This code? [code linenumbers=false] DATA DATA DATA
[/code] PS: Moving to templates. Moved. ----------------------------------- wingzfan Wed 31 Oct, 2007 15:30 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- Is that the code currently in the file or is that what I need to add? What file is that in? ----------------------------------- novice programmer Wed 31 Oct, 2007 15:44 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- [quote user="wingzfan" post="20932"]Is that the code currently in the file or is that what I need to add? What file is that in?[/quote] The code to add. You can change its width and height values, as the border one. Post if it correct your problem. ----------------------------------- wingzfan Wed 31 Oct, 2007 15:56 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- [quote user="novice programmer" post="20934"][quote user="wingzfan" post="20932"]Is that the code currently in the file or is that what I need to add? What file is that in?[/quote] The code to add. You can change its width and height values, as the border one. Post if it correct your problem.[/quote] sorry, not really sure where to put that code ----------------------------------- novice programmer Wed 31 Oct, 2007 16:26 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- Just put in header the align and table open codes, and the close code in the footer tpl files ----------------------------------- wingzfan Thu 01 Nov, 2007 03:06 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- Ok I was able to adjust the size but it wont align center. I used
in the header and closed it in the footer. Anyone have any ideas why it wouldnt center? ----------------------------------- novice programmer Thu 01 Nov, 2007 13:10 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- because you have to center the table, with [code linenumbers=false][/code] Before the table starts And in footer: [code linenumbers=false][/code] Just inmedetly after from the table closes ----------------------------------- wingzfan Thu 01 Nov, 2007 13:39 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- [quote user="novice programmer" post="20955"]because you have to center the table, with [code linenumbers=false][/code] Before the table starts And in footer: [code linenumbers=false][/code] Just inmedetly after from the table closes[/quote] Ok did that header: [code linenumbers=false]
[/code] Footer: [code linenumbers=false]
[/code] Still lines up on the left side of the page though. If I change the align to the right it goes to the right side but it wont center no matter what I try. ----------------------------------- novice programmer Thu 01 Nov, 2007 15:23 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- Try this: Header: [code linenumbers=false] [/code] Footer: [code linenumbers=false]
[/code] ----------------------------------- wingzfan Thu 01 Nov, 2007 15:41 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- [quote user="novice programmer" post="20962"]Try this: Header: [code linenumbers=false] [/code] Footer: [code linenumbers=false]
[/code][/quote] Still nada, its ok Ill just leave it full page. Thank you very much for your help though. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Thu 01 Nov, 2007 22:19 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- Do not use tables for that... use div instead. OPEN this in header just after tag: [codeblock]
[/codeblock] and CLOSE it in footer just before tag: [codeblock]
[/codeblock] Let me know. Remember that if you have 1024 you need a width which is less than 1024 otherwise page will stretch, because you need extra pixels to show its full width. 960 pixels it is usually enough even for including scrollbars. ----------------------------------- wingzfan Fri 02 Nov, 2007 04:44 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- [quote user="Mighty Gorgon" post="21009"]Do not use tables for that... use div instead. OPEN this in header just after tag: [codeblock]
[/codeblock] and CLOSE it in footer just before tag: [codeblock]
[/codeblock] Let me know. Remember that if you have 1024 you need a width which is less than 1024 otherwise page will stretch, because you need extra pixels to show its full width. 960 pixels it is usually enough even for including scrollbars.[/quote] Awesome that worked perfectly. Thank you so much man. BTW, you have done an amazing job with this system man. Im thoroughly impressed. ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Mon 09 Jun, 2008 12:20 Re: Page Width ----------------------------------- Thanks! :lol: