https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6465 ----------------------------------- Lopalong Mon 14 Sep, 2009 03:12 CUSTOMIZATION - COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- IMHO this adds a bit of [i]"Spit and Polish"[/i] to the presentation of the posts. :twisted: [code linenumbers=false]Open: Your style_*.css Find: .post-text { max-width: 740px !important; } Replace With: .post-text { max-width: 740px !important; margin-left: 20px; } [/code] [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/3531/untitled_2_1252890717_661554.png[/img] I don't know whatever else it affects etc, but I should imagine it would only improve it from what it originally was. :icy_lol_flag: :lol_flag: ----------------------------------- novice programmer Tue 15 Sep, 2009 18:11 Re: COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- Another great one Lopalong. Moving it ;) [ot][quote]Rank: Village Idiot[/quote] Really?[/ot] ----------------------------------- rixard Sun 04 Oct, 2009 03:30 Re: CUSTOMIZATION - COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- Hi Lopa, thanks for this mod, I have a question, How can I do to put this bleeding? I try: [code linenumbers=false].post-text { max-width: 740px !important; text-indent: 40px; }[/code] but [b]text-indent[/b] only works at the first line... ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Wed 21 Oct, 2009 00:40 Re: CUSTOMIZATION - COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- Yes... that is the purpose of this modification. If you want to indent everything then use padding. ----------------------------------- batman Tue 22 Feb, 2011 06:59 Re: CUSTOMIZATION - COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- Unfortunately adding the margin also knocks custom blocks off center :( [img]http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/9166/22_02_2011_05_56_07.png[/img] ----------------------------------- spydie Tue 22 Feb, 2011 09:07 Re: CUSTOMIZATION - COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- Thing is Batman This does´nt work on Prosilver, css is somewhat different ----------------------------------- mort Tue 22 Feb, 2011 11:25 Re: CUSTOMIZATION - COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- [quote user="batman" post="51740"]Unfortunately adding the margin also knocks custom blocks off center :([/quote] I haven't looked at it - try this - if it doesn't work - I'll have a look at why it doesn't. [code linenumbers=false].post-text { max-width: 740px !important; } Replace With: .post-text { max-width: 740px !important; padding-left: 20px; } [/code] ----------------------------------- batman Wed 23 Feb, 2011 09:28 Re: CUSTOMIZATION - COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- I did try it but isn't really worth the problems, if anything Id rather alter the actual width so it extends over to the right more, but not sussed out were to alter it yet :lol: ----------------------------------- mort Wed 23 Feb, 2011 10:42 Re: CUSTOMIZATION - COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- ip/default/common.css Just try changing the margin. If the results are the same - I'll leave it to MG to have a look at it, after all it's his theme. ;) [code linenumbers=false].post-text { width: 98% !important; float: left; clear: both; font-size: 12px; margin-left: 20px; /*line-height: 1.2em;*/ /* to avoid vertical scrollbar with acronyms in last line */ padding-bottom: 3px; }[/code] ----------------------------------- batman Wed 23 Feb, 2011 12:46 Re: CUSTOMIZATION - COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- Doesn't seem to work, am gonna take a break as its driving me up thew all at the moment, :cry: ----------------------------------- mort Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:59 Re: CUSTOMIZATION - COSMETIC - Adding A Left Margin To Posted Text. ----------------------------------- It's only a template issue. Find: post-text - copy to post-text2 and change that to padding whatever. Find the post-text in the theme that should be after