https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3161&p=21878#p21878 ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Wed 28 Nov, 2007 23:59 Re: Free PHP Scripts - Rules ----------------------------------- [quote user="Techie-Micheal" post="21874"]But anything that is a MOD for phpBB or uses phpBB code must be GPL, except for certain circumstances, which from what I've seen don't apply to the code here. So CC licenses don't even come in to play.[/quote] I guess there is a misunderstanding. Icy Phoenix and phpBB MODS on this site are of course released under GPL, as it is clearly stated on the home page and in any other package regarding phpBB and MODS for it on this site (even in the download section if you try to download anything)... but this topic is in an indipendent section from phpBB, and it is referring to separate scripts which I'm planning to release, such as Instant Gallery, which has not one single line borrowed from phpBB... I have coded it from scratch. Am I not allowed to release under any license I want? I guess that I'm free to release my indipendent work using any license I like. This topic is in the Free PHP Scripts section which have nothing to do with phpBB world. Please correct me if I'm wrong.