https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6243&p=42457#p42457 ----------------------------------- Lopalong Sat 08 Aug, 2009 02:38 Re: Tableless Discussions ----------------------------------- [quote user="Mighty Gorgon" post="42412"]Just to recap all: I'm happy with the new template system, I'm not planning to change anything in the core style code, I will just fix bugs and hardcoded tags where needed, I won't add new TPL vars in this version unless strictly needed (or a new feature is added).[/quote] I agree wholeheartedly. :mrgreen: Unless it is decided that in future [i][b]ALL[/b][/i] IP[b]v1.4[/b] templates etc, are going to be modified in part with swapped tables for divs' then I see little sense in converting anything from the current default script, let alone releasing it for others to use. [i](This doesn't include changes to the header and footer obviously.)[/i] :P IMHO, submitting a theme with so many changes that are not supported in the default styles - Is going to be like trying to mix oil with water when it comes to any type of support. ;) In short, all themes should be able to support existing mods etc, with suble changes to accommodate the variations between existing themes. And not be of the style that only one person can / will be forced to support because of everyone else's lack of knowledge of one particular style. And neither should they be expected to learn it.