https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7770&p=52469#p52469 ----------------------------------- Joshua203 Thu 14 Apr, 2011 13:45 Re: Mod Help Please ----------------------------------- [quote user="Predator65" post="52468"] Ok I followed your advice Forum backup ..Done! download file editor...Done! read items in links above ....Done! put website url in profile ..Done! [/quote] Great ..thanks ..sorry for sounding like a teacher (if I did) :oops: I'm going to assume you reverted to a clean board again ...I understand this hurts but it 's the safest way to avoid floating, forgotten pieces of code of a partly installed or partly uninstalled mod :wink: If you do some more reading you will surely find explanations of MODX files (these are the manuals for installing step by step, you need to follow them exactly (line by line) usually you will find an install.xml file in the zip ...this will tell you how to mod all files (including prosilver style files at the end) These prosilver edits??? ... forget them ... just skip those edits. Your style is Subsilver2 based, Usually you would find a separate file for subsilver edits in the contib folder in the package. That file is the file you want/need for the style edits!! These MODX files you can only open in a readable form after you have unwrapped the zip!! Please do try to find the manuals on how to interped the MODX files and read them (even if it's quite simple [like "add before on a blank line" or "add after on a blank like"] there are more comlicated ones [the inline finds and replaces]) Do take good care in reading what the instructions say and mean ... never do this in a hurry (unless you are very experienced :wink: ), if needed read what you have to do multiple times to make sure you understand correctly! when you have done all the edits you see DIY at the bottom of the install files... this tells you what you need to do to make it all active. Usually this will at least mean you have to purge your cache in acp. Don't forget.. black pearl is subsilver based BUT has a few differences to standard subsilver styles (example.. if you can not find something in overall_header.html ... try looking in menu_block.html) If you really can't find something then it could be that you need to go for the partial find ...meaning it's just partly the same and you need to get creative (wreck your brain alittle) In case of trouble you would usually have to ask for support in the mods release thread but you can also try here and maybe someone will be nice enough to take a closer look (do keep in mind the MOD creator will or should always know best and is the one responsible for the MOD... not the style creator!) hmmm story long enough :wink: ... time for questions if you do have some :lol: I hope this helped a little more :wink: Greetings, ...Joshua203 Don't forget ...install and test thouroughly before installing more mods..or you will get lost again and again :wink: If it's all tested and ok then make a new backup (save a few more than one or better..all) before you go for more modifications! PS.. try to start with something easy (work your way up the ladder in your own tempo), each modx file will tell you at the top how hard it is and how long edits will take (keep in mind you will probably not agree with either (certainly not if you are a beginner :lol: ) ... you will take longer at the least :!: