https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7755&p=52488#p52488 ----------------------------------- Mighty Gorgon Sun 17 Apr, 2011 22:53 Re: Some News About Icy Phoenix Development - New Users Class ----------------------------------- I should have fixed reported issues... I need to update the repository. ______ [quote user="mort" post="52484"]1. It appears to no longer check if the install folder has been removed or re-named? and I don't see any "Lock" in place to make that unnecessary.[/quote] Removed all checks because (in theory :mri: ) once installed there should be no way for non admins to "damage" the site. [quote user="mort" post="52484"]2. Just something minor - "Please remove the install and [b][i]Contrib[/i][/b] folder" - Some Charlie's will be saying next they couldn't install it because they couldn't find the contrib folder! :mryellow: [/quote] There should be a CONTRIB folder in the final release version. I have removed those files in the repository. [quote user="mort" post="52484"]3. The CMS still controls the .css for borders, backgrounds and headers etc, and imho that's a no-no because it dictates that all theme blocks will be the same irrespective of what's more suitable for any of the "other" styles that one may use. [b][i](It happens with the "Portal" cms's that phpBB offer too - And that's why no-one uses them because of their stupid theme system that expects ALL themes to be based on Pro or SubSilver)[/i][/b] :( [/quote] Sorry, but I do not get this. Can you please explain again? If a template has no borders, than that switch would be unuseful at all... [quote user="mort" post="52484"]4. I don't know why you don't fork phpBB3 and improve on that by making the theme system the same as Icy Phoenix for a start by using VARS etc. You have the brains and the talent to make phpBB a whole lot better than it is - And maybe you could get more time time to yourself by going that way - Because imho you're already heading that way but doing it slowly and painfully. :P[/quote] Thanks for the suggestions (and the compliments :mri: ). At the moment I need to finish coding the CMS and then I will decide what to do with the whole project. Maybe rewriting CMS from scratch using a plugins system to add everything else. A lot of work to do though. If I'm lucky enough to find some good coders, this whole job will speed up.