https://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7957&p=53266#p53266 ----------------------------------- mort Sun 24 Jul, 2011 13:47 Re: As A Step To The Repository Version???? ----------------------------------- This topic was brought up in the VIP forum which unfortunately you don't have access to - Which is probably another drawback of questions being asked in the wrong places. [quote=Mort]Is The Template System Stable For The Latest GIT Version? Would it be safe to assume that the template system for the next release is not going to undergo any significant changes that would require lots of time to rework before the public release. ? I really hate doing things twice in short succession! [/quote] [quote=MG]Hi, in these days me and another coder are working on a new "special" template, so I guess some minor things are going to be changed (hopefully improved!). Maybe few tips could help you on this topic: If you rely on default TPL (automatically inherited where a TPL is not found in the active style folder) you should be quite safe that your layout will not be broken Current CFG structure (default.cfg and style specific CFG) should not change that much, or very minor tweaks I'm 95% sure that I won't change any of the current global TPL vars, like IMG_TBL and so on... What is likely to be changed in some way, are switches related to bots, lofi and mobile devices Keep in mind that I have styled more than 20 templates for Icy Phoenix... and I would not be happy to redesign all of them... If you have specific questions, just let me know and I will try to answer.[/quote] I would suggest to you that [b]IF[/b] you are upgrading a theme to the [b]DEV[/b] version then you do it using XAMPP while realising that things could still change, and that you are [b][u]NOT [/u][/b] going to get any support for the DEV version while it is still in development. :mryellow: