If you're using Icy Phoenix 220.127.116.11 or above, you can upgrade your board by following these instructions:
1. Make a full backup of all files and database (if you don't do a backup, don't dare to ask for support! Backup Rules!)
2. Did you backup everything? If you didn't make the backup, please, step back to the previous point.
3. Copy your current .htaccess, config.php, includes/def_themes.php, includes/def_tree.php, includes/def_words.php and keep them in a safe place.
4. Check again that your backup is ok and keep it in a safe place. Backup Rules!
5. Login as administrator.
6. Lock your site.
7. Unpack Icy Phoenix package to one folder on your HD.
8. Upload and launch update_to_ip.php (which is in install folder) to the root of your Icy Phoenix (i.e. http://www.mysite.com/ip/update_to_ip.php
). Please that if update_to_ip.php is not in the root of your site, update it won't work correctly.
9. Delete update_to_ip.php.
10. Remove the following folders (make sure you don't have in those folders some files you may need for some mods you have installed, but in any case you should have a backup Backup Rules!):
* includes (all but includes/def_themes.php, includes/def_tree.php and includes/def_words.php)
11. Remove all files but config.php in your Icy Phoenix root (make sure you don't have some files you may need for some mods you have installed, but in any case you should have a backup Backup Rules!).
12. Upload all Icy Phoenix files (all but config.php, includes/def_themes.php, includes/def_tree.php and includes/def_words.php) in the same folder where Icy Phoenix was installed and running. Pay attention that all older files eventually still there must be replaced by new ones.
13. Apply all permissions listed in Fresh Installation.
14. Customize what needs to be customized in files and db (some files needs to be edited manually, while most of the options may be set in ACP
15. Unlock your site.
16. Enjoy your New Icy Phoenix Site Enjoy!.