Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Icy Phoenix 1.1.5.20 Beta 1 

Hi all,
after some months of development I have decided to release a new beta to test the new features included in Icy Phoenix.

As I promised, no new "external" mods have been installed (only a couple of already included have been updated), only new things coded by me and some interesting phpBB 3 features are to be considered in the "what's new". Here is a small list...

What's New

• Groups system: the old color group mod has been dropped and a new system has been recoded to make groups management close to phpBB 3 way.
  • CMS features: now it is possible to assign blocks on single pages, not only as global blocks, but as specific blocks.
  • Save as draft: it is now possible to save posts and PM as drafts. The function is similar to phpBB 3 one, but much more simpler and with less features.
  • Pages sessions: phpBB 3 has a much more flexible pages sessioning system, allowing better tracking of what users do. In Icy Phoenix I have partially replicated it, by modifying the way sessions work.
  • Actions logs: I have coded a small and simple logging system which stores on files all the actions performed by users which alter in some way the DB. The logs are difficult to read, so it is disabled by default and the switch to enable it is hidden. If someone is interested in I may show how to enable it... but I won't help in reading it, because it is tough for who doesn't know PHP, and how requests are made.
  • Extra stuff not enabled by default and not supported: since many of you requested integration of Cash and Activity, I have decided to integrate this in Icy Phoenix, and I will continue to keep them updated as the release is going on... but no support will be given with these extra features.
  • Templates: some small adjustments have been applied to the templating system to make it a bit more flexible and some new templates designed by me will be available with this release.
  • Extra debugging: phpBB 3 has a cool debugging feature which tells you the queries of each page and the time used for them. I've tried to enhance this feature a bit including some extra info and memory usage. This will be tremendously helpful for those webmasters who wants to understand the entity of Icy Phoenix charge and settings. Extra info about the usage of this feature, will follow.
  • Small fixes and adjustments: several small fixes and adjustments have been applied to the package. I don't have a full list of them, but you will notice some changes somewhere... I hope you will appreciate it. Just some of them: resend registration, remove cookies, album rss, new thumbnails functions.
  • Security fixes: unfortunately I've found during the dev phase some extra security holes which I have fixed the most risky in the available patch for 15b, but two of them which I was unsure, have been recoded differently to minimize infection risk.

Support

Regarding the support for beta, I'll quote phpBB beta release statement:
Acyd Burn wrote: 
During the beta phase a minimal level of support will be given. We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs. We will not support modifications, custom code/style additions or any users using the beta packages within a live environment.

For some support questions or bug reports we may ask you to re-install the beta, clean tables in the database, purge data or other actions which are not advised to do in a live environment. So please be aware that you are still on your own if you run the beta in such an environment.

Beginning with the release candidates full support will be given.

As usual, no code changes will be released, and won't probably be released for any version in the future. This is because the package is quite huge and writing code changes requires much time: as I already said in the past, I prefer to focus my free time on developing the package instead of writing huge code changes that could be difficult to be applied. Trust me, in most cases it is quicker to replace old files with new ones and reapply eventually added mods (you should take note of the mods you have applied). My efforts will be dedicated to the upgrade procedures to allow you to upgrade your sites with the smallest unexpected issues.

Anyway for final release, I'll try to provide a changed files package and a small template changes guide... or at least a list with the changed files for those who have modded their site or released templates. I'll try to give translators a list of changed files as well.

Lang changes provided by brandsrus

Spoiler: [ Show ]

Available Packages

Since this is a beta package, I prefer to release an all in one package which includes in several folders all the extras and templates. I know that this means having a bigger file, but I don't want users trying to install extras in the latest stable release, because with high probability modifications for Icy Phoenix 1.1.0.15 won't work in newer releases, because of the new modifications I made to the core files.

Currently available is only a single big pack.

Icy Phoenix 1.1.5.20 Beta 1
Package Name: Icy Phoenix
Package Version: 1.1.5.20 Beta 1
Release Spot: str_replace('24 hours per day', '48 hours per day', $my_life).

DOWNLOAD: Icy Phoenix 1.1.5.20 Beta 1

Should you ask for support, please remember that this is an open source community and me and all the Staff are doing all for free and in their spare time... be kind, be patient and respect other users efforts and hard work.

Enjoy Icy Phoenix!
Luca Libralato

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Icy Phoenix 1.1.5.20 Beta 1 

I need help in the following tasks:

• Creating FILECHANGES list from 1.1.0.15b
  • Creating TEMPLATECHANGES list from 1.1.0.15b
  • Creating LANGCHANGES list from 1.1.0.15b

Anyone willing to do this, please write here that he is doing it and then post here the results... I will read and eventually move the list in the first post.

Thank you for your cooperation with this project.

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks MG for this great work.

¿Cash Mod is also incluided?

CU.

Corporacion-UmbrellaSend private messageSend e-mail to user  
Back to topPage bottom

Corporacion-Umbrella wrote: [View Post]
Thanks MG for this great work.

¿Cash Mod is also incluided?

CU.

Yes, but it's not supported

ZukerSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I will check the translation changes between the 1.1.0.15b and the 1.1.5.20 Beta 1 version

brandsrusSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Sorry for this fast post after my first one in this topic but i help Mighty Gorgon for the language changes between 1.1.0.15b and this beta version 1.1.5.20 Beta 1.

I have found hopefully all language changes, the language changes are the following:

Spoiler: [ Show ]

Good luck with your update!

brandsrusSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Wow!!!

That is what I call a perfect job brandsrus!!!

Thank you very much for this.

First post updated.

Back to topPage bottom

very very thanks MG, you are the best!!          

el raroSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

wow! Cash i very happy for this...

a future whit shop mod??? thanks

sorry for my bad english  

ronalitoSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Excelent MIGHTY !!!

but, i have a problem..

Cash mod appear in viewtopic?

i activate cashmod, but, i didn't see the "cash" in viewtopic, only in Profile :S

thanks.

PD: Sorry for my badly english :S  

algs163Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

WOW  
I just love you, Lucca.
Really!
Thanks! And congrats, great job, as always!!!
Kisses!

mih bonattoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi! I'm new in this web...

Firstly I want to congratulate Mighty for the excellent work made in the icy phoenix, is a wonderful system and I don't know one that can be compared with it.

Well... now I'll tell you my little question...

How can I active the Cash-mode in the Icy Phoenix 1.1.5.20 Beta 1?

Greetings!

Sincerely: px87

px87Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

px87 wrote: [View Post]
Hi! I'm new in this web...

Firstly I want to congratulate Mighty for the excellent work made in the icy phoenix, is a wonderful system and I don't know one that can be compared with it.

Well... now I'll tell you my little question...

How can I active the Cash-mode in the Icy Phoenix 1.1.5.20 Beta 1?

Greetings!

Sincerely: px87

Hi
look for extras cash then install.txt
in Icy Phoenix 1.1.5.20 Beta 1 download-file

Pepi

pepiSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

A lot of thanks Pepi !!

Greetings!

px87

px87Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

The installation package don't need the Spanish Language for work fine?, or we have wait to somebody help us in the translate for new version?

CU Dear Supporters.

Corporacion-UmbrellaSend private messageSend e-mail to user  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List