I'm glad to announce that I have almost finished the new Plugins framework for Icy Phoenix.
Some details about the new Plugins System:
- Plugins may be installed by copying files in the plugins folder (then you will be able to enable the Plugin in ACP).
- Only few files are required to create a new plugin from scratch.
- Unfortunately some core files still need do be edited where some special operations are required for the plugin to work, but I'm planning to code an Hook System to avoid at least some basic edits in core files.
- I strongly encourage MOD writers to use the Plugins System while creating / porting mods to Icy Phoenix.
- The Plugins System requires only a small cache request in common.php.
After some tests it seems to be working as expected, but I would like some of you helping me in debugging.
If someone is willing to help in debugging, please contact me privately and I will exactly tell what I need to be tested.
I also need to port some Icy Phoenix features to the new Plugins System: this task is not easy, but it is a great way to get introduced into how Icy Phoenix works and would greatly help in creating own plugins. If someone is interested in helping in this task please contact me, and I'll provide all the info and the help needed.
Some basic requirements for those who wants to apply:
- Basic PHP skills (at least being able to read and understand PHP code)
- Good knowledge about Icy Phoenix features and structure
- Good HTML and CSS skills
If you think you have these requirements and you wish to actively contribute to this project, please write me privately and I will provide further instructions.