I have added to SVN (SVN Guestbook) a new plugin which I have developed for my own use, but I want to share with you to share the powerful of the new plugins engine which I have coded and will be included in next Icy Phoenix.
Installing this plugin is really easy, you just need to copy all files to your Icy Phoenix root and then install it from ACP => Plugins.
After you have installed it you can create a new guestbook from guestbooks.php and then manage it through guestbook.php. How it works is really straightforward.
I have also created a CMS block to allow it's usage from a CMS page.
New plugins folders and files structure should be really similar to the current Guestbook plugin, so you can get an idea on how a new plugin should be coded. I will create a small tutorial when I'm almost sure that the structure is stable and won't change.
In the meantime just consider this as a draft:
- adm: admin modules and settings (Guestbook plugin doesn't have working ACP modules yet... but you can see a demo of a couple of settings there just to show you how it works!)
- docs: contains all files related to instructions or documentations
- includes: contains plugin specific functions and classes
- install: contains install/update/uninstall instructions which will be automatically managed in ACP
- language: contains plugin specific languages
- templates: contains plugin specific templates files
If you have a bit of confidence with PHP you will see how easy is to add ACP modules, specific settings and installation instructions. Everything is working as stand alone using common classes and functions already present in Icy Phoenix (which I'm debugging from a lot of time...). You will only need to integrate special switches if your plugin should integrate with already present features... but I'm working on this aspect trying to create specific hooks to be used for special common features which may requires plugins (such as forums and topics).
Here is a demo of the Guestbook plugin on a live website:
Stand Alone Guestbook
Guestbook Block In CMS Page
Feedbacks are really welcome.