Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Show Off Of The Month Contest 

Show Off Of The Month Contest!

There is no doubt the styles you download from Icy Phoenix are stunning.  Some Icy Phoenix users take it to the next level creating styles for use on their own site.  It's amazing to see everything that is possible on Icy Phoenix boards!

We decided to create a new side-feature of the Icy Phoenix support website that features outstanding graphical design on Icy Phoenix websites!  The staff will be taking nominations at the beginning of the next release for websites that have a certain graphical genius to them.  We will then select the best three nominated websites and vote anonymously on the absolute best!

The winning website will:

• Receive a special graphic from Icy Phoenix to display on their website showing their website was voted the best!
  • Gain access to the Special Guests group!
  • Have their website featured in our Links section!

As with any contest, there are special rules:

1. One website nomination per user.
  2. The nominated website must be using Icy Phoenix.  Any nominated website found not using Icy Phoenix will be disqualified.
  3. Proper credits must be intact in the website footer.  "Powered by Icy Phoenix based on phpBB", "Design By ----".
  4. Winning websites may not enter the contest again.  Nominated websites that do not win are allowed to resubmit their site for nomination the following month.
  5. Websites with default, untouched styles from Icy Phoenix should not be nominated.  This contest is based on graphical design.
  6. When submitting the website to be nominated, you must include three screenshots of the website.  The screenshots should feature different parts of the website customizations.  The screenshots should be uploaded using our upload form (uploaded directly to Icy Phoenix).  All images must be stored on Icy Phoenix using the Upload feature.

The contest will start at the next official release of Icy Phoenix! (Not including beta versions.)

TheSteffen created a small graphic for the winner of each contest:

award_ip_1238769967_595579

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Show Off Of The Month Contest 

I wanted to remind everyone about this contest that we'll feature every month.  We will include RC (Release Candidate) websites too!

You can nominate an Icy Phoenix website to be in the running for Show Off of The Month.  Only one specific website nomination per cycle.  One user can nominate one website.

I will be creating a new topic for everyone to post their nominations soon!

Back to topPage bottom

Sorry but I did not understand!
Write here the link the site to register for the contest?
The contest started?

HaoAsakuraSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

We are going to start the contest now, but I'll create a new topic for everyone to post their nominations.

Back to topPage bottom

Quote:
Gain access to the Special Guests group!

and what is when i'am already in it?

maybe access to staff area or something?

New PlayerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

We'll come up with something special if you win.

Back to topPage bottom

Chaotic wrote: [View Post]
We'll come up with something special if you win.

give me some months i need to recreate my site with 1.3   

New PlayerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

New Player wrote: [View Post]

and what is when i'am already in it?

maybe access to staff area or something?

You get 10,000 forum-point credits.

They're worth nothing, cost nothing, mean nothing - but at least you get them to spend or use in any way you wish!

Back to topPage bottom

Now that's a good prize.

Back to topPage bottom

Quote:
When submitting the website to be nominated, you must include three screen-shots of the website.  The screen-shots should feature different parts of the website customisations.  The screen-shots should be uploaded using our upload form (uploaded directly to Icy Phoenix).  All images must be stored on Icy Phoenix using the Upload feature.

I don't agree with that entirely, because screen-shots and pretty pictures don't underline any other problems that the theme may have.

What I would suggest is that anyone wanting to submit their work, link to their site / theme and open a member account "Theme Judge" (or whatever), and pass the password to the nominated leader of the judges - who will then pass it to the "other" judges.

Pics can be posted when the award has been decided to ratify why it was chosen as the "Best of the month"

This is a nice theme (Well I think so anyway) - But how would you really know how it pans out unless you "explored it" with the least amount of fuss.

It could be really scabby as one gets further into it - - - - - -  

And of course, there's the LoFi version of the theme that has to comply also.  

h**p://lopalong.com/forum/forum.php

It's probably also not quite finished yet.  

Edit:

The themes would also have to be judged / tested with both of the recognised browsers. - Namely FF and IE. Because what would be the purpose of judging something with FF when it falls apart in IE or vice-versa ?

And please, no "everyone should use FF or Opera bullsh*t"   

Back to topPage bottom

I do not agree entirely with the above statement... basically as I have 2 sites that do not allow member access of any kind... plus the forum is not in use and a lot of other pages are not active....

so does that mean i can only enter a site that works for a fully operated icy site....

gets complicated  LOL

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

No! If one is passionate about creating "Nice" themes to show off, then one could open another test / theme site to display a working model.

Pics are useless when it comes to the complex arrangements of IP themes, and I don't care who disagrees with me.

Most, if not all theme sites have some sort of theme-only-live display, much like phpBB.com, any other way of doing it is meaningless, because what you see picture-wise - Is not necessarily what one is either going to get, or has been optimised for more than one browser.

So Yep! it does get more complicated, but that's what being fair and correct is when the "Medals" are being handed out. Anyone can submit pics, and that's why I disagree that pics don't really represent the "Finished Product"

And I'm not suggesting that themes presented for consideration (whether they win or not) - should be, or be expected to be made availailable for others to get their grubby little fingers on!  

Back to topPage bottom

We discussed those ideas about a month ago and decided against it.

We're not going to get super complicated and dig into a design to purposely find all the errors we can.  The staff will be judging the styles on basic appearance and how well everything flows from page to page.  We will use different browsers to view nominated websites as I'm sure most of us already do.

The style we are told to be judging should be selectable or set as the default without having to log in.  We do not want user accounts created for us.

The screenshots are just for quick reference to the style we are supposed to judge.  The nominated website will still have to post a link to their website.  We just like the screenshots hosted on Icy Phoenix so the images never get lost and they stay here forever.

You don't have to have a website solely for showing off your work to be passionate.  The owner of http://www.souleateritalia.it/ seems passionate about his style, but I haven't seen a show-off board of his.

Thanks for providing some feedback about this contest, but the more complicated things get, the more time that is sucked out of staff providing support here.  

Back to topPage bottom

Chaotic wrote: [View Post]
We discussed those ideas about a month ago and decided against it.

We're not going to get super complicated and dig into a design to purposely find all the errors we can.  The staff will be judging the styles on basic appearance and how well everything flows from page to page.  We will use different browsers to view nominated websites as I'm sure most of us already do.

The style we are told to be judging should be selectable or set as the default without having to log in.  We do not want user accounts created for us.

The screenshots are just for quick reference to the style we are supposed to judge.  The nominated website will still have to post a link to their website.  We just like the screenshots hosted on Icy Phoenix so the images never get lost and they stay here forever.

You don't have to have a website solely for showing off your work to be passionate.  The owner of http://www.souleateritalia.it/ seems passionate about his style, but I haven't seen a show-off board of his.

Thanks for providing some feedback about this contest, but the more complicated things get, the more time that is sucked out of staff providing support here.  

I like less complicated  

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Sometimes things have to get complicated, but not a contest like this.

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List