Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Show Off Of The Month #2 

It's time to start taking nominations for our next Show Off Of The Month contest!

If you know of a website using Icy Phoenix that features outstanding graphical design, nominate that website to be considered for our Show Off Of The Month!  The staff will be taking nominations for websites that have a certain graphical genius to them.  We will then select the best three nominated websites and vote anonymously on the absolute best!

The winning website will:

• Receive a special graphic from Icy Phoenix to display on their website showing their website was voted the best!
  • Gain access to the Special Guests group!
  • Have their website featured in our Links section!

As with any contest, there are special rules:

1. One website nomination per user.
  2. The nominated website must be using Icy Phoenix.  Any nominated website found not using Icy Phoenix will be disqualified.
  3. Proper credits must be intact in the website footer.  "Powered by Icy Phoenix based on phpBB", "Design By ----".
  4. Winning websites may not enter the contest again.  Nominated websites that do not win are allowed to resubmit their site for nomination the following month.
  5. Websites with default, untouched styles from Icy Phoenix should not be nominated.  This contest is based on graphical design.
  6. All nominated websites must be using Icy Phoenix version .27c, 1.3.x, or higher.  (Starting in September, only versions 1.3 will be allowed to enter the contest.)
  7. Please submit a short description about your website when posting your nomination.  The nominated websites will be featured in the Hot or Not section of the website so users are allowed to rate them.  (These ratings DO NOT indicate the winner in any shape, form, or fashion.)
  8. When submitting the website to be nominated, you must include six screenshots of the website.  The screenshots should feature different parts of the website customizations.  The screenshots should be uploaded using our upload form (uploaded directly to Icy Phoenix).  All images must be stored on Icy Phoenix using the Upload feature.

TheSteffen created a small graphic for the winner of each contest:

award_ip_1238769967_595579

The contest is now officially open, so start nominating!  We will allow two full weeks of nothing but nominations.  Post your nominations in a separate post in THIS TOPIC.  After two weeks, the Staff will review all nominated websites and submit their votes for best graphical design.  The winner will be announced after Staff voting!

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Show Off Of The Month #2 

sounds fun im in   anime-donations.com

description :
is an anime fansub direct download website. Fansubs are original Japanese anime episodes with English subtitles added (by fansub groups, not us); You won't find any English dubbed anime on this website. Feel free to stop by and check out our download section. Also be sure to check out our forums!

inudanSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Looking great!

I hope others enter too.

Back to topPage bottom

hope the same it would suck to win by default  

inudanSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Question?

Where´s the 6 PIC´s

Another thing. You´re not the only one.

I hope to have my design ready in the next 10 day´s.

At the moment it´s only local. And if i don´t finish by time i enter the next contest

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

My website uses Black Pearl style.  Is this admissible into the contest?  

Either way, we're very proud of our emerging online experience.

Edited by Mighty Gorgon, Sat 15 Aug, 2009 21:06: Link removed because it is not based upon Icy Phoenix
yuv_got_melSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Quote:
# One website nomination per user.
# The nominated website must be using Icy Phoenix.  Any nominated website found not using Icy Phoenix will be disqualified.
# Proper credits must be intact in the website footer.  "Powered by Icy Phoenix based on phpBB", "Design By ----".
# Winning websites may not enter the contest again.  Nominated websites that do not win are allowed to resubmit their site for nomination the following month.
# Websites with default, untouched styles from Icy Phoenix should not be nominated.  This contest is based on graphical design.
# All nominated websites must be using Icy Phoenix version .27c, 1.3.x, or higher.  (Starting in September, only versions 1.3 will be allowed to enter the contest.)
# Please submit a short description about your website when posting your nomination.  The nominated websites will be featured in the Hot or Not section of the website so users are allowed to rate them.  (These ratings DO NOT indicate the winner in any shape, form, or fashion.)
# When submitting the website to be nominated, you must include six screenshots of the website.  The screenshots should feature different parts of the website customizations.  The screenshots should be uploaded using our upload form (uploaded directly to Icy Phoenix).  All images must be stored on Icy Phoenix using the Upload feature.

It is clearly written that all pages must use Icy Phoenix Board CMS.

Back to topPage bottom

No problem.  I wasn't sure, as I'm new to this, along with our forum, which is only 4 days old.  

yuv_got_melSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Go to PHPBB offizial website and subscribe there for everything.

This is not ment as a kick in the ...

It´s just that they give the suport for they´re CMS

Back to topPage bottom

I have removed the link because your website it is not based on Icy Phoenix.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

KnekZ

Link: KnekZ
Describtion: No specific theme. Site created to learn and mainly for friends as an alternative to messenger and other communication and discussion programms.
Screenshots:

Spoiler: [ Show ]

Note:The screenshots are made with a programm called Webshot which was suggested by MG   . I don't know if its the best for that but I didn't want to spend time deciding that and it works pretty well.

The screenshots of viewtopic and viewforum have a bug: They show a wide page where the content is not of the right width and you see a white stripe to the right instead of the background. That doesn't happen on a normal browser   . Just so you know.

elpulgasSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Very good work!

We now have two contestants!  Who's next?

Back to topPage bottom

Great designs though the first one has no link to their site any more..

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I would enter mine, but that wouldn't be fair, I am now a crew member for Icy Phoenix......he he.

gearheadSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

You are allowed to enter the contest with your website, gearhead.  The only members not allowed to submit their website are the Contest Jury.

Also, thanks for pointing out the dead website, Mike.  I sent that member a message.

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List