Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post I Need To Vent 

First let me just say I am venting thats all .I wanna know why coders just can't have images that make sense .I mean seriously do you really need to slice an image 30 times to save a couple of bytes.it's driving me crazy that i have to change 3 images for on part of the site and 13 images for another ect.Maybe cause i design and not code i don't get it.Some one should design a blank template with as few images as possible ,that way us designers could design instead of learning code.
Just a thought

supostabmeSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: I Need To Vent 

What images are you referring to?

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I was refering to all the images in mg_themes/ice just all of them.I was just venting cause i don't like slice up my images.I was hoping that there was an easier way to edit my theme without having to install a theme that's all.I think I have managed to figure stuff out though.Let me just thanks for icy phoenix and i really was just venting.When i do master this image and theme problem i will donate a bunch of sets of images instead of trying to make a whole theme and poeple can just replace the images i guess or someone else can turn it into a theme.

supostabmeSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Well... in Icy Phoenix only few images are sliced, and the slices are needed to correctly show dynamic pages.

Sometimes you cannot know the width of some blocks so you need to split table headers and let the code decide the width/height automatically. This will reduce the code needed and adds flexibility.

Anyway, most of the graphic things you need to modify are in the images folder of the template and in the color subfolder for the specific theme. The remaining things are in the CSS and in the TPL files.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List