Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Hello 

hi
i am trying to open my new website although i dont know much abt coding or any sort of other stuffs. google tutorials and help from forums are my main help source  

i was looking for a good CMS system and while i was looking around i found this site. looked around a bit and liked it. so i have installed it in my hosting

i am pretty familiar with the forum options as i have already used them in other forums but i have trouble understanding the home page block options. how do i create and modify a block is a mystery to me. although i think i know how to create a block but how to modify a block, what files to modify how to add texts and colors and other stuffs is something i really dont get.  
i was looking around for any previous post (perhaps tutorials) for doing those (i.e. modify and create blocks) but i couldn't find any. maybe there is but i wasnt being able to find them out or they were too complicated for me to understand  
so will anyone help me here on how to modify or create blocks in a simple and easy way? or if there is already an understandable tutorial kindly paste the url here
 thanks in advance  

uttejonaSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Hello 

This is an off topic section, for any related support topic, please use the appropriate forum.

Try to open specific topics with specific subjects... and always try to search the Docs section before asking.

New block creation depends on what you need. If you need just text or HTML you need just to create the block and insert the content during the creation process. For other kind of blocks, you are supposed to know PHP and HTML quite good, and being able to create and edit functions which interacts with the code of the CMS.

If you could be more specific on what you need, someone may try to further help.

P.S.: Welcome.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Hello 

oh i see

well i am trying to make it look good, added some mods from here and made a few html blocks... any other type of blocks are out of the league for me or so as it seems so i will keep it simple and yeah if i need help i will come over and beg for it LOL thanks for the reply =D

p.s. thanks  

uttejonaSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List