Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Feature Suggestion: Import Users From File 

Coming from a non-packaged web site (same site for almost 8 years now, there were no package sites then) I have a unique feature request.  I would love to be able to dump the required details of my current users (ie. username, password, email, verified, etc.) to a comma dilemeted file and then import them into my nice fresh IP installation (the newest RC version).  After 8 years there's a lot of people that are going to be ticked they have to re-register LOL

tbird412Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Feature Suggestion: Import Users From File 

i m not sure what are you asking because you didnt say from where or what you want to import users

i mean what type of forum you r using this 8 years , phpbb2 , phpbb3 , smf .... ?

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

From what I've read in your posts, and if I recall correctly - you are running an early version of phpbb at the moment. ?

Icy Phoenix can convert the database automatically for you. Members details etc, but you will lose all mods and a few other things.

It's all in the IP instructions and documentation on how to go about it. But DO backup everything until you create enough backup's to choke an elephant before you start.

Back to topPage bottom

tbird412 wrote: [View Post]
Coming from a non-packaged web site ........................ to dump the required details of my current users to a comma dilemeted file and then import them into my nice fresh IP installation .........................

Sorry if that came out a bit confusing.

Our site is not a pre-packaged site.  It is hand coded 100% from scratch.  It was designed so long ago that there was no such thing as pre-packaged sites or forums.  www.blackknightsclan.com  And while it has a lot of functions our guys are going to miss, it is lacking in thousands of functions that IP has.  That's why we are switching.  But the site is all hand coded.  The data is in a MySQL database.  And I just wanted to import the data into IP (just the required parts of registration) from a comma delimeted file or a MDB file or CSV file or anything else I can export from the old site.

Back to topPage bottom

ouch... you have an asp site... I know of no script which will do that for you... but you can do it manually if your fancy you luck....

but if someone who knows a bit about transferring data scripts does read this post and you might get lucky..

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Hey now  LOL  It's old and clunky.

ASP is not the concern.  I can export ANY data I need to any type of file (CSV, MDB, TXT, etc.).  And I assume I would only really want the username, password, and email.

The thing that would be cool is to be able to "import from file".  The only reason I thought of this is that I saw the "Add New User" function, which is exactly what I need.  But for some 13,000 registered people (though I could really get away with only doing about 200 of them, those are the key members) that's a lot of manually adding users, or a lot of asking people to re-register.

Just thought it would be neat to have a way to upload a TXT or CSV file and have IP insert those users into the database the same way it would if I clicked "Add User" and manually made each one seperately.

Back to topPage bottom

if you go into your downloaded IP you will have an install file... open it up and your will see a folder called schemas open that and you will see a file called...mysql_basic.sql

find in that file INSERT INTO `phpbb_users`

you need to to look at the code I have posted below...

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
INSERT INTO `phpbb_users` (`user_id`, `user_active`, `username`, `user_password`, `user_session_time`, `user_session_page`, `user_http_agents`, `user_lastvisit`, `user_regdate`, `user_level`, `user_cms_level`, `user_posts`, `user_timezone`, `user_style`, `user_lang`, `user_dateformat`, `user_new_privmsg`, `user_unread_privmsg`, `user_last_privmsg`, `user_emailtime`, `user_viewemail`, `user_profile_view_popup`, `user_attachsig`, `user_setbm`, `user_allowhtml`, `user_allowbbcode`, `user_allowsmile`, `user_allowavatar`, `user_allow_pm`, `user_allow_viewonline`, `user_notify`, `user_notify_pm`, `user_popup_pm`, `user_rank`, `user_rank2`, `user_rank3`, `user_rank4`, `user_rank5`, `user_avatar`, `user_avatar_type`, `user_email`, `user_icq`, `user_website`, `user_from`, `user_sig`, `user_aim`, `user_yim`, `user_msnm`, `user_occ`, `user_interests`, `user_actkey`, `user_newpasswd`, `user_birthday`, `user_next_birthday_greeting`, `user_sub_forum`, `user_split_cat`, `user_last_topic_title`, `user_sub_level_links`, `user_display_viewonline`, `user_color_group`, `user_color`, `user_gender`, `user_lastlogon`, `user_totaltime`, `user_totallogon`, `user_totalpages`, `user_calendar_display_open`, `user_calendar_header_cells`, `user_calendar_week_start`, `user_calendar_nb_row`, `user_calendar_birthday`, `user_calendar_forum`, `user_warnings`, `user_time_mode`, `user_dst_time_lag`, `user_pc_timeOffsets`, `user_skype`, `user_registered_ip`, `user_registered_hostname`, `user_profile_view`, `user_last_profile_view`, `user_topics_per_page`, `user_hot_threshold`, `user_posts_per_page`, `user_allowswearywords`, `user_showavatars`, `user_showsignatures`, `user_login_tries`, `user_last_login_try`, `user_sudoku_playing`, `user_from_flag`, `user_phone`, `user_selfdes`, `user_upi2db_which_system`, `user_upi2db_disable`, `user_upi2db_datasync`, `user_upi2db_new_word`, `user_upi2db_edit_word`, `user_upi2db_unread_color`, `user_personal_pics_count`)

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
VALUES (-1, 0, 'Anonymous', '', 0, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.00, NULL, '', '', 0, 0, 0, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, NULL, -1, -2, -2, -2, '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 999999, 0, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 5, 1, 1, 0, 2, 60, '0', NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, '50', '15', '15', 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0);

you need to compare the top bit with the values at the bottom... you can enter all the user id here username, password, emaill address... whatever is in the top part you can add in the bootom part....

you need to  check your user table that you have already on your database so you do not have 2 the same user ids...

but for each user you need to use the above code for each one....

complex I know but the only way I know how to do it... unless someone has a better idea..

if you go this way and upload using sql... you must change INSERT INTO `phpbb_users` to INSERT INTO `ip_users`

Back to topPage bottom

Wow, awesome idea.  Though not sure how to get the data INTO the SQL statement a hundred times.  I would need to replace the "Anonymous" username with their real username right?  And does the "-1" in the ID field mean it will auto-generate an ID like it normally should?

Back to topPage bottom

tbird412 wrote: [View Post]
Wow, awesome idea.  Though not sure how to get the data INTO the SQL statement a hundred times.  I would need to replace the "Anonymous" username with their real username right?  And does the "-1" in the ID field mean it will auto-generate an ID like it normally should?

yes on replacing the anonymous user... the -1 is the user id... you will have to goto your database open up table users and then see what id have already gone... then start from there... admin is user id2 so yuor next user will be 3...

A pain staking way of doing it but I don't know of another way..

Back to topPage bottom

I'm moving this topic from Translations to English Chit-Chat in the meantime.  

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Oh wow, I stuck it in "Translations"?  My apologies.  I meant to stick it in some sort of "features" forum.  
I think I'll just have to make everyone re-register.  Don't want to accidentally break my site after I just got it all installed.

Back to topPage bottom

I have already created one for phpBB 3... but never thought to create for Icy Phoenix...

Try to have a look here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1079935

When I have some free time I will port it to Icy Phoenix.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List