Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post @ Joshua ;) Your Site Lang Switcher? 

Hey Josh,

Hobby Site of course!  

When you created that language selector at your forum, did you try to add it to the index and find out that you needed to come back one page (As in a quasi Portal) so that cookies and sessions were completely loaded before you went to the index?

Because something is driving me nuts - Not that it needs much to do that - but if I just go the index, it loads the header and the left-side, and then seems to forget that the footer and right column is part of the picture and just reverts to whatever the default language is - Only for the index right hand side.

Yet If I go back one newly created page (Portal) and add the switcher to that with a redirect to the index - It's all good?

Anyway the question is - Did you or did you not have to make a "New" page just to get the language switcher to fully work?

Because if not - I'll have to re-think the way I'm switching it?

Grazzie-Doo!  

Edit:

I think I found the problem - It was sitting in my chair looking at my computer - Maybe I need a bigger screen.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: @ Joshua ;) Your Site Lang Switcher? 

My setup may be a little weird hehehe

I created an index page (lang choice) that just uses a bit of style from one of the two fully separated forums (en + nl), future plan is to join both user bases so one registration would be enough to join both forums but messages would still be separated.

Both forums have their own portal

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: @ Joshua ;) Your Site Lang Switcher? 

Ha! so you cheated! No wonder it works so well....  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List