Icy Phoenix

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Discussion Limun's Demo Project 

That demo I posted is only a rough, and very rough example of what I meant.

Sure it would need to be "above" the demo forum and probably use iframes also - to keep the whole thing together as one unit so there would be no back-button or new-tabs etc.

Anyway, it was only a rough alternative that I may play with one day - If I ever get to that One Day!  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Discussion Limun's Demo project 

I know you need alittle peace and quiet but it could be a nice discussion between Limun and you, or even just help him analize the multiplying style switch bar.

I'm not trying to push you into a burnout ..don't get me wrong but he may need some help and appreciate it alot
EDIT: Sorry this does not seem to be needed Mort

Off Topic
:
BTW I know it''s taking a long time but I'm still making progess on your tranlation file (in baby steps but making progress), I do have some questions once it's finnished though.
I haven't forgotten

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I don't know why because this thing appears to be in discussion underground and as far as I can see the thing loads three iframes and if you close one you close them all?

This

blah/styles_mg.php
blah/styles_fk.php
blah/styles.u.php

Needs to be just one url with a mode that changes the name of the inclusion of the array - which would be in three names.

array_mg.php and so on.

So we end up with something like:

blah/styles.php&mode=styles_mg etc.

So roughly translated you would have something like this but use "mode" and not isset.

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
if(isset(styles_mg))
{include('styles_array_mg.' . PHP_EXT);}

if(isset(styles_fk))
{include('styles_array_fk.' . PHP_EXT);}

if(isset(styles_u))
{include('styles_array_u.' . PHP_EXT);}

Or

$var = 'styles_mg';

// This will evaluate to TRUE so the text will be printed.
if (isset($var))
{include('styles_array_mg.' . PHP_EXT);}

But you can only use one styles.php file even if one has to create a "style_index.php" just to parse the mode to it. ?

I think!

OT:
Josh the language file is the last thing I want you to concern yourself about - I'm sure you have other things to do that are more important. *Cough*

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I think Limun would rather look at this at a later stage, as you mentioned somewhere before he's faster than water ...maybe his shadow is catching up with him?

We all know how confused we get when we do so much at the same time.

Off Topic
:
Spoiler: [ Show ]

Back to topPage bottom

The problem with what Limun is trying to do is that the styles demo was never meant to be loaded more than once. And WHY? he feels he needs to separate the styles into groups is beyond me, when the thing itself denotes who the author is for each style.

I played with this array and it doesn't switch because it needs to be in a separate file like styles_index.php for it to even have a chance to work?

But it would need to call styles_mg.php which in turn would call style_array_mg.php - and you are back to where you started from, because you can't separate the iframe from the "styles_*.php" files without re-programming the whole shebang.

And for what logical reason other than to simply group who did what?

Correction:

Yes one could possibly separate the iframe and include it at the bottom of "styles_index.php" so that the "mode's" would only call the data that the iframe uses - -  Or copy all three pages to one page with only one iframe at the bottom and create functions out of the three pages and then use case MG() - case fk() functions to call the relevant  script or something like that.

And this is not something I intend to try or be involved in because I would take the easy way out and create a MG "demo" forum, an FK "demo" forum and a User "demo" forum.

OT: I use a laptop with a wireless keyboard and mouse - maybe you should try that.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

As far as I can see what Limun is doing is similar to what I've seen (and posted demo posts in) in MG's unfinnished project for a demo forum, so I'm almost sure there is a good reason  for the choice.

Personally I don't understand why the normal style picker from the portal is not used as a custom bbcode or whatever else used as a method, in my mind this would be easier and more direct.. but I might be mistaking because I'm only pretending to be a good coder

Anyway.. I'm sure if the time is right and help is needed we'll see some posts about it appear

Off Topic
:

Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
But I might be mistaking because I'm only pretending to be a good coder

So am I, because I just learn as I go along.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List