When I Share Some Post Of My Forum In Facebook, Doesn't Appear The Thumbnail Image, Just Text And The Link

When I Share Some Post Of My Forum In Facebook, Doesn't Appear The Thumbnail Image, Just Text And The Link
Article
Quote    Download Post  
Post When I Share Some Post Of My Forum In Facebook, Doesn't Appear The Thumbnail Image, Just Text And The Link 

Well, as I said, when I share a new post on Facebook doesn't show any images of my post, just appear the title, and the link.

I was looking for some solution in internet, and some guy recommended something about meta tags, or something like that. But I don't know anything about this, at all.

Could you help me? I need Facebook to show the thumbnail images of my forum posts, without the need for me to upload the images from my computer.

Nice to say hello to everybody!  :mryellow:

Cristianita - Profile PM  
Cristianita [ Wed 04 Nov, 2020 22:17 ]
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Comments
Quote    Download Post  
Post Re: When I Share Some Post Of My Forum In Facebook, Doesn't Appear The Thumbnail Image, Just Text And The Link 

Hi Cristianita,
Facebook is the same as Youtube.

If you want to add a thumbnail, then you would most likely have to upload the original snapshot to their album or whatever they use?

Aside from that, this question would be better asked at Facebook?

:mrgreen:

mort - Profile PM  
mort [ Mon 09 Nov, 2020 10:10 ]
Quote    Download Post  
Post Re: When I Share Some Post Of My Forum In Facebook, Doesn't Appear The Thumbnail Image, Just Text And The Link 

Yes I believe this is a Facebook API issue. A Plugin I use on one of my WordPress websites has the exact same issue is one does not know how to use the Facebook system to the fullest. It is a PITA if you ask me.

MWE_001 - Profile PM  
MWE_001 [ Fri 07 May, 2021 11:12 ]
HideWas this topic useful?

This is a "Lo-Fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.