Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post How To Get Acronyms To Show Up On All Pages And Also How To Remove The Ext At The End Of The Urls. 

i want to know how to get acronyms to show up on all pages not just topics and the forums.
so when i type LOL or MG it shows what it would look like on posts or topics but on all pages it is used.

i also am wanting to know how to remove the extension at the end of each url to make it more safer and harder to figure out what is used so no hack attempt can be done.

ex:

index.php => index
sudoku.php => sudoku

i don't know exactly how to explain some of what i am wanting other then i am looking for friendlier urls and acronyms usage on pages other then forum.

also having a issue with the news ticker with rss:
Unable to open the XML input: http://www.animenewsinc.net/articles/feed.php
.htaccess error with this one.

still need assistance with my other issue tho the url extension and acronyms

Edited by juggalo_master, Mon 17 Sep, 2012 09:03: fixed what i typed and added more details
juggalo_masterSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: How To Get Acronyms To Show Up On All Pages And Also How To Remove The Ext At The End Of The Urls. 

bump still need assistance with my issue

juggalo_masterSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: How To Get Acronyms To Show Up On All Pages And Also How To Remove The Ext At The End Of The Urls. 

I can answer one of them, but you're still asking multiple questions in one thread.

And I don't respond to that.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

juggalo_master wrote: [View Post]
i want to know how to get acronyms to show up on all pages not just topics and the forums.
so when i type LOL or MG it shows what it would look like on posts or topics but on all pages it is used.

ACP -> General -> Acronyms ? If you're talking of new pages you created on your own, I'm not sure... maybe you might add the class="post-text".

juggalo_master wrote: [View Post]
i also am wanting to know how to remove the extension at the end of each url to make it more safer and harder to figure out what is used so no hack attempt can be done.

ex:

index.php => index
sudoku.php => sudoku

I think it can be done in the .htaccess only with some kind of url rewrite... Beside, you know there's already a SEO system that you can use instead ? ACP -> Configuration -> Main configuration -> SEO -> Use URL rewrite.

YrosSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Sorry Yros, maybe I should have locked this sooner, juggalo_master seems to be using SMF now.

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List