Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Wraper Problem In Calendar IE 

There is a small problem of calendar for wraped styles (980px) like Frozen Phoenix,post it ect , only in IE.
This is also happand on this site
See pics

prob2frozen

prob1

prob2

i solved this for me by removing nowrap="nowrap" but this is not a solution for default styles

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Wraper Problem In Calendar IE 

Dunno,  

Removing nowrap only possibly allows the strings in the calendar to fold.

Methinks there is a "class" or #div missing or it's coming in too late after the header.

Because irrespective if you set the overall width to 980px, the width of the calendar should push the whole template to the same width and not leave the header or footer narrower.

From memory  

Rename all #forumtable to .forumtable (because you can't use the ID more than once) and include it in the header as well as a div class.

Oh Hell! it's a worry - Or life's a bitch - Or will it ever end - - - Something like that!  

Edit:

Dunno Limun,

Just had a look with IE 9 and the calendar all looks fine?

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Seems to be happening in IE8  

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Try setting the calendar to 5 cells width in ACP Limun  

EDIT:
Or to 6  

EDIT:
..Never mind ..stupid reply from me  

Back to topPage bottom

With IE9 and the width resized to 1024x768 in FF - the calendar still looks fine in Frozen Phoenix and others.

And if it's an IE6, 7 or 8 problem - MS doesn't support them any more - and neither should anyone else.  

If people haven't got or can't get IE9 for whatever reason - Then tell them use something else, or they'll drive you nuts wanting something fixed when in fact anything before IE9 is not worth spending any more time on!

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

One of the main reasons for not having IE9 or 10 is that XP users are stuck at IE8.

If I notice any intrest here to try and make it somewhat more compatible I'll have at least one big other bug in some themes that I need confirmation on (because I can't trust the old barrel I run IE8 on!).

Back to topPage bottom

Then teach them how to delete IE and install Firefox / Opera / Chrome instead ? Beside, your problem is about the right side isn't it ? Check in the footer files (overall_footer_inc.tpl and overall_footer.tpl)

YrosSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
One of the main reasons for not having IE9 or 10 is that XP users are stuck at IE8.

Josh,

XP is well over 10 years old and MS have stopped supporting it or are just about too.

Since XP, we've had Vista, Win7 and Win8 is not that far away.

With all of the problems and patches for IE7 and 8, I really doubt that anyone would want to use either of them if they could be avoided. Particularly since they do have a choice.

As Federico said some time ago "It's time to modernise and move on from the crap of the past"

And I tend to agree with him, and I also think that MG is now of the same opinion.  

So why bother wasting your time....  People probably no longer use IE8,  (or IE6 and 7 - unless they are using pirated software or it's a Help Desk.)  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Yros wrote: [View Post]
Beside, your problem is about the right side isn't it ?

Yeah Limun was talking about the right side.

@Mort ..I agree to all you say, eventhough I think many users are still on XP simply because it's easier to handle and the small size of it (people could hack any version so that's not a valid reason to be stuck..hehehe).
You have to draw a line somewhere, but where exactly?  

I'ld say ..."if it's a simple mistake or an easy fix ..why not?"

Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
You have to draw a line somewhere, but where exactly?  

That's the  question.

But the point is, people who are into making themes generally don't use yesterday's OS.

I for instance, don't have an XP box any more, and even if I did and fixed the problem - I doubt MG would apply it to the default themes.

I suggested something in my first post, but another thing that IE8 doesn't like is nested div's unless css(clear: all) or <br clear="all" /> is used more often. Or some of the div's are altered to p's

The problem is "Where"

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List