I installed Guestbook and immediately lost my memberlist, staff pages and all my forums . Pure white pages and nothing else.
Here is EXACTLY what I did in the exact order.
- Did a COMPLETE site backup
- Downloaded a fresh copy of my database with everything in 1000% working order.
- Installed Guestbook Plugin
- Created a Guestbook and made some comments in my own guestbook and made a fix for a success message as can be seen over on Git.
- Went to view memberlist and it was an all white page.
- Staff page is now all white
- All of my forum categories and threads are still there, I just cant view any topics as the pages are all white.
- I resynced ALL forums, cleared all caches, cleared browser cookies and cache AND did a computer reboot. Pages are still all white.
- View the pages in Internet Explorer and I get a Internal server 500 error.
- Got mad, deleted sub domain, deleted database, deleted ALL files associated with the website. It was 100% gone!
- Created a new subdomain flaminghotpeppers.raybrowell.com ,
- Uploaded a new databse backup
- Uploaded my good site backup files as in 1000% working condition prior to guestbook
- CHMOD all files I had to and double checked.
- Got excited, went to the site, hit the forums..... WHITE PAGES!
- Just to make 100% sure it was NOT my pc I had my buddy up in Amherst Nova Scotia view my site and he confirmed it is toast.
How can installing a Plugin do this? I had the same problem last week and had to rebuild site from brand new scratch as well. I think I might have posted about it as well. I don't understand.
Just for the hell of it, I installed a BRAND HONKING NEW install of icy and it was working fantastic. Installed ONLY the guest book, good bye pages. All white again.
On my main site as well as this quick little test site, I did the backdoor thing in the adm folder to clear cache, repair tables and all that, nothing worked.
I don't know what to do boys and really don't feel like building from scratch all over again. I swear to who ever I need to swear to, I did a 100% backup BEFORE I installed the plugin and now even those files don't work. If I ditch my database and start over with fresh database and files, it will run just fine. No 500 server errors, until I install the guestbook.
I am seriously confused. This was going to be my production site.