Icy Phoenix

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Knowledge Base Error And Question 

Hey Ray, do you remember if you ended up figuring out what caused the bug?

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Nope. Not at all. This one has been a good bit back. Suffering major PTSD since then with memory loss. I do know that when you brought up the forum KB management setting or whatever it was, when I turned that off, that link error went away. When I turned it back on, it came back.

I actually have no installs at the moment. I did try to install one here a week or two ago I think it was and it was a complete miserable failure for some reason. I'll try again and see if I can replicate this and why or how.

**EDIT**

Today is 1/02/2019 and I had a chance to revisit this. I reinstalled a fresh IP and made sure everything was running as silky smooth as it possibly could. I then reinstalled the KB and no errors at all. The only way at all I could get this error to replicate was to tick the box in the forum for the KB to make the forum post read like a KB article comments (KB Mode).

The only way that error went away without unticking that KB Mode in the forum setting was to alter the phpini xdebug on my server. I can 100% confirm the error went away when I added the xdebug nested 200 line to my phpini file AND left the KB Mode on in the forum settings.

As I stated though in my previous post, a user will never see this error. Only an Admin or mod will. It still is not pretty and shouldn't be seen but, it is what it is. Alter the ini file or don't use Kb Mode or deal with a big long error.  As for the proper code to fix it, well, that is out of my area of expertise. I looked and nothing slapped me in the face as expected it wouldn't.

Now all that aside, would a user really use KB Mode for a forum thread that is a KB comments thread anyhow? I mean I did but I test. That is what I do. But realistically. But none the less, that error went on and on and on.  Glad I figured a small part of it out. If you need any screen shots of my ini file or my Icy setup or my server specs, by all means please do let me know. I'll be glad to share info.

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Ray, are you able to reproduce this on your local install(s) ATM? I'm still unable to.

Oops, just noticed that the kb_rate page had the header/footer twice...

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I'll give ti a test install again and try. I should be able to if I can retrace my steps and reproduce exactly what happened.

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

HideSimilar Topics

Permissions List