Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Ads And Sponosrs Logging Out Issue 

One last question for tonight and I promise I am done.

I have setup some banners on a site where the banner url leads back to a page where people can read on purchasing advertising on this particular website. Issue is, every time a banner is clicked on, it redirects as it should to my page I setup called advertising.php, but the user gets logged out of the website.

I have tried on 3 browsers and same issue across the board. I had a fella in Nova Scotia try it as well, same thing.

Ironically enough, on another site I built on icy Phoenix, I have almost the same thing with banners clickable to go to pages within the website and no one gets logged out.   I am totally baffled. Why one site works and one don't. Same version of Icy on the very same server. Can't be cookies issues as I have named the cookies 100% not even close to each other in name.

PM me for a test account so you can try it your self. I'm going to keep trying. maybe I ma just missing a little something and it is right under my nose.

Take care and have a good night everyone.

**EDIT**

After fiddling around with this all night last night and this morning as well, I am thinking I have a major cookie issue going on. I am being logged out of the activity plugin too when clicking on a game to play. But why my buddy in Nova Scotia? Do you suppose my cookie path and script path can be wrong? I recall back on phpBB2 we had a mod that we called cookieMOD. it literally took all the guess work out of it all.

I am not sure what is up to be honest. Please help me understand.

If my site is located in a directory of a domain example:  http://www.mysite.com/cmssite  What is the cookie domain? Can I name the cookie anything I want? Example cms_site  And I am going to take a stab a this and say my cookie path would be /cmssite  ?

I think my script path and everything is wrong as well. I do have the site working but if I click a link to something that does not exist like the KB plugin that is not installed, I do not get redirected to index or an error message, I get a no css style website that says unknown error has occurred.

As you can see, I really think I need cookie and path help here. This is the little elm site that i put together earlier this year. I am now trying to bring it online for the guy and put it in the proper place on the server but until I get path and cookie figured out, i think i am DOA as a lot of links are logging me out of the site automatically.

And I know this is end user error not icy Phoenix.   I would appreciate any help i can get.

Take care again,

Ray

**EDIT AGAIN**

Solved. I had to adjust the cookie domain, Everything else I had right. All is well now.

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: SOLVED Ads And Sponosrs Logging Out Issue 

I'm glad to know this isn't a bug on our end! Good.

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: SOLVED Ads And Sponosrs Logging Out Issue 

I was pretty confident all along it was end user error.

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List