Icy Phoenix

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Date And Time Don't Show In The Chat (Shoutbox) Parent Block In Any Styles 

Ah yes. Ok I understand now. I used to use a chat mod on phpBB that one could create rooms. I got confused here for a minute.

I am not sure why the time and date do not show. Both of mine do ( Live server, and on a test server ). And mine does scroll back to the top if I click the room name. That is kind of annoying. I'm not sure there is a fix really. If you have a regular  chat room going and talking in private as well, as soon as you click the public room again it is going to refresh thus getting scrolled back to the top.

Maybe Luca can tell me how close I am on my guess?

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Date And Time Don't Show In The Chat (Shoutbox) Parent Block In Any Styles 

I installed this chat through the parent blocks, there are two chats, actually, and I choosed that one because has the option of different rooms. I couldn't install this chat by plugin; I asked for help, but nothing happen.
Quote:
Live server, and on a test server
I don't understand what do you mean with this  
Quote:
If you have a regular chat room going and talking in private as well, as soon as you click the public room again it is going to refresh thus getting scrolled back to the top.

I think you're right, and I'd like to know if is it possible to modified this.

CristianitaSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Cristianita wrote: [View Post]
I installed this chat through the parent blocks, there are two chats, actually, and I choosed that one because has the option of different rooms. I couldn't install this chat by plugin; I asked for help, but nothing happen.
Quote:
Live server, and on a test server
I don't understand what do you mean with this  
Quote:
If you have a regular chat room going and talking in private as well, as soon as you click the public room again it is going to refresh thus getting scrolled back to the top.

I think you're right, and I'd like to know if is it possible to modified this.

Live server means that the server is one used in a datacenter. If I sent you to my website, it would be a "Live Server" available to the public to view.

Test server is a server that I run on my very own computer. It is not available to the world. Only to me. It is private.

And I am not so sure that page refresh can be modified. I think it is all the cache deal refreshing the page on click. I could be wrong though. For this, we await InformPro and or MightyGorgon.

I have tried everything I can try on both of my servers to get the time and date to not show like yours is doing and I can not under any circumstance replicate the problem.

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Well, I can't understand everything that you say, because I don't know about programming, just a little.

But I appreciate your help, and I'm waiting for MG and Informpro too... Informpro said he is busy right now in an other job. He will take a look after he finished it.  

Back to topPage bottom

I think I explained it earlier, the chat plugin is a legacy leftover that we should remove altogether. It's not integrated at all in Icy Phoenix, it is a separate page and runs on the side, so it's not a good solution. The only reason I ported it is because we had a phpBB3 user who wanted to migrate to Icy Phoenix, but really wanted to keep his whole chat history etc.

Live server: something that is on 000webhost, or similar, when you have to use a FTP like FileZilla.

test server: usually means your own computer has PHP installed and runs it.

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi, Informpro!

I don't understand this... You say:
Quote:
the chat plugin is a legacy leftover that we should remove altogether. It's not integrated at all in Icy Phoenix, it is a separate page and runs on the side

Why does my chat look different than yours? The same chat. My chat doesn't show the date and time, but yours does.

My chat:

Your chat:

Another thing:
I've added this chat through CMS, dynamic menu, and THIS chat is the only one provided as an option:

I mean, this chat doesn't show the date and time, and you say is because this chat is not integrated, and maybe this is why doesn't show the date and time in mine... But your chat does show the date and time, even if this chat is not integrated etc...

I'm really confused  

Back to topPage bottom

No, I think you misunderstood me.

The "bad" chat is the plugin one, that can be found in plugins section. This one should not be used.

The chats you are talking about are integrated in Icy Phoenix, are can be used interchangeably. It might be a good idea to merge both, actually: show messages from the main room from the normal (non-ajax) chat.

Do you have a test account for your forum I could use?

Back to topPage bottom

Oh, I don't have a chat plugin, because I never could install it. Actually, I posted asking for help, but I didn't get an usefull answer.

Quote:
Do you have a test account for your forum I could use?

I don't know how to do that   So, I'm affraid the answer is no  

I have other forum, could you use it?

Back to topPage bottom

I said you don't want the chat plugin, in that thread, here again, and I each time explained why you don't want the chat plugin. I explained it again here.

I mean could you create a "normal" account with no special privileges and send it to me so I can log in to your forum?

Back to topPage bottom

I'm so sorry, Informpro... I'm on it!

Back to topPage bottom

Thank you. I received your private message, and I'm back from holidays.
I'll see with MG this week to merge my work, and start to look into your other issues.

Back to topPage bottom

Thank you, Informpro... I'm glad you're back  

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List