Icy Phoenix

SOLVED The Install Page Doesn't Display When I Write The Url To Install My Forum In A New Hosting

SOLVED The Install Page Doesn't Display When I Write The Url To Install My Forum In A New Hosting

Article
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post The Install Page Doesn't Display When I Write The Url To Install My Forum In A New Hosting 

Hi, good morning, God bless you!

I have a problem, because I followed the steps of these instructions:

no_puedo_instalar_2

I have my DB, and the files in FTP, changed the permissions of these files to 777; but when I write this link in the browser:

Spoiler: [ Show ]

it displays a wrong page:
Quote:
404!
We couldn't find that page.

I write this link because is the route of my forum in FTP:

no_puedo_instalar

It's differente than the instructions's, but I think this is just an example, right?

http://www.mysite.com/forum/install/install.php

It should be, because I don't have a file named "forum" in the FTP  

What's the problem?  

Last edited by Cristianita on Tue 19 Sep, 2017 21:50; edited 1 time in total 
Cristianita - View user's profile Send private message  
Cristianita [ Sun 17 Sep, 2017 20:00 ]
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Comments
Post Re: The Install Page Doesn't Display When I Write The Url To Install My Forum In A New Hosting 

Hi,

Indeed, that's an example.

What's happening here is that "public_html" in your FTP is actually not a "visible" folder.
I mean, it's the root for what's accessible for the web page.

Files outside of public_html are NOT available from http://lant-eternidad.byethost31.com
Instead, public_html itself corresponds to http://lant-eternidad.byethost31.com

So if you have public_html/index.html you can access it via http://lant-eternidad.byethost31.com/index.html
Does that make sense?

Informpro - View user's profile Send private message  
Informpro [ Tue 19 Sep, 2017 10:50 ]
Post Re: The Install Page Doesn't Display When I Write The Url To Install My Forum In A New Hosting 

Quote:
Does that make sense?

Absolutelly... But I asked for help in the byethost support forum, and they told my that my forum is too big  

So I decided to stay in 000webhost, or to pay other hosting, we'll see....

Ok, I got it.

The point is my free account is not enough to upload the entire package, that's why I couldn't install the forum in the byethost hosting.

And there is the same problem in 000webhost free acount, because it is displaying a message of time out error; they told me that the forum is using too much resources.

So I have to buy a paid plan...

Cristianita [ Tue 19 Sep, 2017 21:49 ]
Post Re: The Install Page Doesn't Display When I Write The Url To Install My Forum In A New Hosting [SOLVED] 

It seems they changed their limitations. I know I used to run 000webhost for several icy phoenix forums...

It used to be much simpler to find free php hosting a few years ago :/.

Informpro - View user's profile Send private message  
Informpro [ Wed 20 Sep, 2017 14:25 ]
Post Re: The Install Page Doesn't Display When I Write The Url To Install My Forum In A New Hosting [SOLVED] 

Informpro wrote: [View Post]
It seems they changed their limitations. I know I used to run 000webhost for several icy phoenix forums...

It used to be much simpler to find free php hosting a few years ago :/.
Well, they joined with Hostinger and maybe they try to force people to buy a plan... Who knows?

Either way, it's working  

Because I'm not sure to be able to move my forum to other free hosting, and then maybe I will have the same problem later...

Cristianita [ Thu 21 Sep, 2017 00:37 ]

HideWas this topic useful?