Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post What Is Random Quote And What Is It For? And Referrers? 

I found this parent block, and added it, but I don't know what is it, how can I edit it, or what is it for...

I've noticed also they are random topics, random topics ver, random users and referrers.

Maybe this questions should be in the FAQ  

I've found out what is random quote, but the one of the ACP showed in the index page, not the parent block's.

CristianitaSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: What Is Random Quote And What Is It For? And Referrers? 

We definitely should add some topics to the Knowledge Base!

The random quotes block should do exactly the same as one you can enable in the ACP.
Does it not?

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

The Random Quote Parent blcok does not need edited at all. There are no variables to edit.

What you do is pick a CMS page say for Example 3 Column. You Pick a Area, we will say Bottom/Center. Create a new block, Set the setting such a localize title bar, show border or what ever you want. THen clear the cache in the ACP. ALways clear the cache.

Now when you view your front page (portal) you will see a random quote by someone in the world.

As far as Referrers go, that is a block that will display where people who have viewed your website came from (other parts of the internet) = What websites are they coming to your website from.

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

MWE_001 wrote: [View Post]
The Random Quote Parent blcok does not need edited at all. There are no variables to edit.

What you do is pick a CMS page say for Example 3 Column. You Pick a Area, we will say Bottom/Center. Create a new block, Set the setting such a localize title bar, show border or what ever you want. THen clear the cache in the ACP. ALways clear the cache.

Now when you view your front page (portal) you will see a random quote by someone in the world.
Yes, thank you! As I said, I've already found out what is it, and how works  

MWE_001 wrote: [View Post]
As far as Referrers go, that is a block that will display where people who have viewed your website came from (other parts of the internet) = What websites are they coming to your website from.
Really?   It is awesome, I had no idea! Thank you, MWE_001!  

CristianitaSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List