Icy Phoenix

SOLVED How Can I Get The New User To Know That He Must First Publish His Presentation In Order To See The Whole Forum?

SOLVED How Can I Get The New User To Know That He Must First Publish His Presentation In Order To See The Whole Forum?

Article
Reply with quote    Download Post  
Post How Can I Get The New User To Know That He Must First Publish His Presentation In Order To See The Whole Forum? 

Hi, God bless you!!

Well, I need the new user first publish his presentation before he could to use the rest of the forum.

To achieve that, I made a "Nuevo Usuario" group (it means "New Useer"), with 0 messages.

I also made an "Usuario" group (it means "User") with 1 messages.

The new user can see the all forum, all the topics, but he just can publish in Presentations forum. Once he published his presentation, the all forums opens to him.

So I'd like to know if there is some way to let the user known this condition just after he registered.

Cristianita - View user's profile Send private message  
Cristianita [ Thu 02 Nov, 2017 04:43 ]
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Comments
Post Re: How Can I Get The New User To Know That He Must First Publish His Presentation In Order To See The Whole Forum? 

You have several options to achieve this:
  1. You can create a topic explaining all the rules and use Force Topic Read option in ACP, even if I don't really like this approach...
  2. You can use the RULES box on every forum to specify basic rules...
  3. You can alter the WELCOME message sent by email/PM and write there this rule...
  4. You can edit the rules while registering...

For option 3 and 4 you can just edit lang_main_settings.php:

$lang['register_pm'] add your text... you can use BBCodes

$lang['PrivacyDisclaimer'] add something at the end... you can use HTML

Mighty Gorgon - View user's profile Send private message  
Mighty Gorgon [ Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:51 ]
Post Re: How Can I Get The New User To Know That He Must First Publish His Presentation In Order To See The Whole Forum? 

Thank you very much, avatar Mighty Gorgon!!  

Cristianita - View user's profile Send private message  
Cristianita [ Sun 05 Nov, 2017 04:57 ]

HideWas this topic useful?