Facebook Connect Doesn't Work


Subject: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
Hi, everyone, it's me again :mryellow:

I've set some changes by ACP:

9262430252

Then the symbol appears in login page:

5859228263

But when I clicked it, nothing happens:

5293470954

Do you have any idea how can I get this plugin working?

Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
I have tried it a few times here and there and could never get it to work. I gave up in a not so quick way.

Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
MWE_001 wrote: [View Post]
I have tried it a few times here and there and could never get it to work. I gave up in a not so quick way.
Really :?: :?: :?: :shock:

Oooh... I hope avatar Mighty Gorgon could help us!

Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
Yeah I had all my settings correct. I double and triple checked and it was a no go. Errors everywhere so I shut it off.

Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
MWE_001 wrote: [View Post]
Yeah I had all my settings correct. I double and triple checked and it was a no go. Errors everywhere so I shut it off.
You gave up? :|

Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
Yeah, I could not figure out why it was not working. And I don't give up normally. This one beat me down so bad I just got tired of trying.

Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
It used to work for sure... I disabled it here because I don't like to have account linked to FB.

Maybe FB changed the API and the feature is not working anymore. All services are changing theyr APIs frequently, this may prevent some features to work properly. I'll try to check when I have some time, but if the issue is related to API changes, I don't think I'll fix it... I'd rather remove the whole feature, because it depends on third party work.

Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
Yes, you're right, MG...

Facebook is very moody :mryellow:

I'd like the Facebook connect API because forums are falling down and I thought an easy way to registered there will help them. It's just an idea of mine :wink:

Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
I think it's a good idea in general... But with recent news of facebook giving personal data to a lot of people; I'm not sure I want to make an account to fix the API :(.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
Informpro wrote: [View Post]
I think it's a good idea in general... But with recent news of facebook giving personal data to a lot of people; I'm not sure I want to make an account to fix the API :(.
Yes, you're right... A lot of people have a Facebook account so it's not about the Facebook account privacy but to make easier registered on the forum. If some person have not a FB account, this feature is not for them.

Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
Nothing yet? :roll:

Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
Hi @Cristianita,

I understand your frustration, but with things with learned via GDPR policies, I'm afraid I don't want to be part of the 80 millions users who got their data leaked from facebook. If someone has an account they can test with then they should be able to fix it.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Facebook Connect Doesn't Work
Informpro wrote: [View Post]
Hi @Cristianita,

I understand your frustration, but with things with learned via GDPR policies, I'm afraid I don't want to be part of the 80 millions users who got their data leaked from facebook. If someone has an account they can test with then they should be able to fix it.
You are very kind, Informpro. But I'm not frustrated, trust me. :mryellow: And it's not a big deal to me. I can live without Facebook account connect.

You can mark this topic solved. I appreciate your concern, and your help. 8)


Page 1 of 1


  
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot vote in polls
You cannot attach files
You can download files
You cannot post calendar events

   

This is a "Lo-Fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Powered by Icy Phoenix based on phpBB
Design by DiDiDaDo

Generation Time: 0.0817s (PHP: -22% SQL: 122%)
SQL queries: 15 - Debug On - GZIP Enabled