Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post [MOD] EasyDumpInstaller - One-click Install Backups 

Following my recent EasyDump mod release, I'm pleased to announce EasyDumpInstaller, which makes installing backup scripts very easy.

The main motivation for this was to overcome a number of problems I had trying to install backups with phpmyadmin, which constantly missed tables in generating the back, and if I managed to generate a backup, there would be errors on importing. Thats not to say all installations of phpmyadmin behave so bad, some hosts I've tried seem to have a slightly different version/config, and they work better, but not all. Browser streaming plays the biggest role, though, in myphpadmin woes, and if there is a problem with the network connection being slow, there is chance of breaking/corrupting the import. Installing on server side is much less likely to have errors. And yes there is a backup insaller included with Icyphoenix - but you have to actually install the board first, then install your backup. I wanted to combine the features of an easy to use installer that was similar to the icyphoenix one, with time saving chmod of multiple files, to make backing up and transferring sites as quick and easy as possible. Read the list of features below for more details.

Number of files: Just one!
Compatability: icyphoenix, phpbb, phpBBXS (and others, e.g. integramod, although their themes are not yet supported, see features)

Instructions:
1. Just put eezydumpinstaller.php in your root directory, along with your database backup sql file.
2. Enter the database parameters. If you have a config.php file which already contains database connection parameters, then the script will automatically use that.
3. Click Install!

Version: 0.0.2 beta
Changelog:
1. Bugfix to script path variable, missing / at the end...    
2. Disabled "show verbose" by default.
3. Program version now recorded in config.php

Simplicity in installing and usage is paramount, hence these features:

Feature list
1. Autosearch of your sql database file - no need to enter file file paths. Provided it is in your root directory with this script, then it will find it. If you have a number of EezyDump backups in your root directory, then the script finds the newest backup.

2. Autodetection of themes. Unlike conventional scripts which run in phpbb / icy, which run once your system is installed, an installer must be able to function with an empty database. That means it can't include pageheader (which sets the page layout / stylesheets definitions), since pageheader requires a working database in order to run. I have included a theme detection routine which looks for the presence of default themes: mg_themes, ca_aphrodite and subSilver, and imports the stylesheets and graphics from those themes - this makes the script more appealing to use, and also reduces the need for extra files which would otherwise be needed to make a nice looking app.

3. Table prefix auto detection - your backup file will contain a table prefix which is required as a static variable by icyphoenix / phpbb in order to access the tables. During install, the routine will find the table prefix and update it in the config.php file (this is where it is normally stored).

4. Auto detection of config.php - as stated in the instructions, if you have a config.php file which has all your database connection parameters in, then provided they are valid, the script will use it, saving the need for manually entering in database details. If you have multiple databases on the same host, and you don't want config.php to be used (because it might contain the connection details to another database that you want to leave alone), then you can override the use of the config.php file by filling in all the connection parameters manually. The new details can be writen to config.php.

5. Auto Chmod - just like icy - provided your host allows php chmod.

6. Option of more verbose output. This program outputs the most important information by default, but you can also select verbose to see the tables being installed.

7. Ability to download config.php if the file can't be written to.

8. Will import any database sql file, provided it uses conventional MySQL queries / syntax, and default " ; " delimiter.

Demo: can be seen Here along with an update of EasyDump (new version due for release soon).

Screenshots:

Theme auto-detection: phpBBXS - Blast from the past!
phpbbxs

Theme auto-detection: IcyPhoenix
icy1

After install - option appears to download config.php if it can't be written to. See also that table prefix is found.
icy2

If you select verbose output... the create tables generates enough output as it is, if I added the data as well, then your browser would probably crash!
 icy3

eezydumpinstaller.zip
Description: EezyDumpInstaller just one file to load backups. Version 0.0.2 - fixed missing "/" at the end of script path variable! 
Download
Filename: eezydumpinstaller.zip
Filesize: 7 KB
Downloaded: 174 Time(s)

Edited by moreteavicar, Tue 25 Mar, 2008 17:53: Update to 0.0.2 beta - fix to script path
moreteavicarSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: [MOD] EezyDumpInstaller - One-click Install Backups 

Really nice.

I will have a try.

Thanks.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode