Icy Phoenix

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. 
Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Phpbb3 

Hi

There is a phpbb3 gallery mod released based on smarters album mod.... as the tables are very similar from smarters and FAP I think it might be possible to upgrade to that album at this time...

If Mighty Gorgon does release an upgrade in the future you can wait till then..

He is a link to the developers site..

http://phpbbgallery.ph.funpic.de/

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

can't wait for FAP on phpbb3.. can't see the upgrade going production for a lot of users until an album solution gets fleshed out. keep up the great work Mighty.

the above album does look good.. but it would be great to have a solution of users upgrading from phpbb2 that have been using FAP.. such as a convert script. primarily due to the fact that many users have private galleries and have scattered albumimg tags across the board to discuss photos.

Last edited by krisbfunk on Wed 26 Dec, 2007 17:55; edited 1 time in total 
krisbfunkSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

krisbfunk wrote: [View Post]
can't wait for FAP on phpbb3.. can't see the upgrade going production for a lot of users until an album solution gets fleshed out. keep up the great work Mighty.

the above album does look good.. but it would be great to have a solution of users upgrading from phpbb2 that have been using FAP.. such as a convert script. primarily due to the fact that many users have private galleries and have scattered albumimg tags across the board to discuss photos.

I must agree with this..
The mentioned album does look good, but we have a serious problem if we want to upgrade...(to be honest my live forums are waiting for two big mods to evolve for phpbb3 before I migrate: FAP and Garage. The garage will be ready within the next days, but I don't know about FAP... )
I have over 500 photos there, and it would really be a shame to lose them or have to upload them again...

So, MG, if you don't want to create a v3 release of the FAP and since you are supporting that album (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=610509), will you at least consider making some kind of convert script from FAP to TS Photo Gallery Mod ?
I saw that DWho mentioned this  in his previous post, but I saw no reply from you...
I hope we get at least something like "Maybe" from you...

Greets...

ChriZathensSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

yeah, still looking for a solution.. i now have a 1/3 more images uploaded by users than i had before.. I have everything working on a testbed in phpbb3 and even have it integrated with drupal, but without a FAP solution, it makes things stay at a stand still.

Last edited by krisbfunk on Fri 25 Jan, 2008 21:15; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

I'm looking for something like this to!  

DerkySend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

ChriZathens wrote: [View Post]
So, MG, if you don't want to create a v3 release of the FAP and since you are supporting that album (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=610509), will you at least consider making some kind of convert script from FAP to TS Photo Gallery Mod ?
I saw that DWho mentioned this  in his previous post, but I saw no reply from you...
I hope we get at least something like "Maybe" from you...

Greets...

Usually migration script should be provided by the "target" application programmers... Try to ask to the coder of that mod!

I don't have much time in these days because I'm working on Icy Phoenix, plus some other extra works.

When next Icy Phoenix version will be released I should have some other extra time and I may have a look... but if the mod is really different, it will require time creating a good migration tool.

That is not a "NO I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT", but I really don't have time right now. Maybe in the future.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I have been watching this mod for phpBB3 http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=682765 it is a gallery and I have read in the topics that some people were able to successfully convert FAP to this gallery with the migration feature in the mod. I have been waiting on the next version 0.2.4 to attempt this on my test system. I would be pretty happy if I can convert this gallery since I have close too 16k pics in the gallery and really don't want to do a bunch of manual stuff

Has anyone here tried to install this mod and migrate FAP yet?

I believe nickvergessen said the next version should be out by the end of the month. So I will start testing. My migrations of ICY to PHPBB3 seemed to work pretty good after 2 days of trial and error.

Later

-D1-

darkoneSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

darkone wrote: [View Post]
I have been watching this mod for phpBB3 http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=682765 it is a gallery and I have read in the topics that some people were able to successfully convert FAP to this gallery with the migration feature in the mod. I have been waiting on the next version 0.2.4 to attempt this on my test system. I would be pretty happy if I can convert this gallery since I have close too 16k pics in the gallery and really don't want to do a bunch of manual stuff

Has anyone here tried to install this mod and migrate FAP yet?

I believe nickvergessen said the next version should be out by the end of the month. So I will start testing. My migrations of ICY to PHPBB3 seemed to work pretty good after 2 days of trial and error.

Later

-D1-

please keep us updated on that, darkone

Back to topPage bottom

Well does the MOD author know there are people wanting to migrate FAP over to phpbb3? I am sure he is aware of FAP.

Time is money, where is that darn FAP to phpbb3 Donation button...

Pete_ZSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Plz, plz, plz, I REALLY need this conversion!!!!!  

Lord PhobosSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Lord Phobos, please do not dobble post

Topic closed and continued: http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?t=4206

TheSteffenSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List