Icy Phoenix

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. 
Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post FAP SUPPORT - [SOLVED]Re-generate Thumbnail Images 

Hello folks! I need some help with this one.

I made some adjustments in the ACP thumbnail settings and made sure I saved the changes before clearing the cache but it did not re-generate the thumbnails? They all appear blank?

Is there a way to manually bring back the images?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by Coroner on Sun 14 Jun, 2009 02:53; edited 1 time in total 
CoronerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Re-generate Thumbnail Images 

I could really use some help with this folks.

Please.......

Back to topPage bottom

if you search for help of that problem, it has already been posted.

pls use search option

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for the reply but I have already read all the many pages for this same issue but none really give a definitive answer.

After a couple hours testing different adjustments I was able to get the thumbnails regenerated and all is working fine.

unfortunately, I had tried so many different adjustments to resolve the issue I can't pin point what exactly I did to fix it which is kind of sad because if someone needs help with the same issue then it's most likely they too will be met with a similar reply leaving them alone with their wits scrambling around to solve the problem themselves.

What I can remember is that I switched from GD1 to GD2 in the upload section, checked "no" for the Use old thumbnails functions setting and checked "no" for the Thumbnail cache. I then clicked on the Cache tab which showed a pop-up asking if I wanted to save the changes and I clicked yes. Once in the Cache section I clicked "yes" where it says "Do you want to clear them now? " NOT the submit button. This is what I believe restored all the thumbnail but there were many, many more attempts prior to success.

I will leave the Notify me when a reply is posted box checked and will post screen shots of my ACP setting if someone needs help with this issue in the future.

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: [SOLVED]Re-generate Thumbnail Images 

normally if you have chmodded the correct folder for images and then click all the links in the cache section of the ACP... and clear your browser cache all thumbnails should be regenerated...

FYI

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: [SOLVED]Re-generate Thumbnail Images 

SPAM - REMOVED

cocosanSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List