Icy Phoenix

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. 
Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post FAP CUSTOMIZATION - FAQ's For The Album Mod For Lang_faq.php? 

I have some users PM'ing me with lots of questions regarding the use of the photo galleries.

Has anyone written a set of FAQ's for the FAP mod that are to be added to the lang_faq.php file?

Thanks for any responses.
Shane

shaneSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: FAQ's For The Album Mod For Lang_faq.php? 

hi shane, i dont thing that exists yet.

if you want to write something up, I am sure there would be others interested

lefty74Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Here is what I have come up with so far.  Please critique, add, or change as you see fit.  If you see errors let me know.  I'd like to mix mine too.

Remember, I am basically an idiot when it comes to the technical stuff, although I am learning.

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
$faq[] = array("--","Using the Photo Gallery Feature");
$faq[] = array("How do I set up my personal photo gallery?", "Click on the PHOTO GALLERIES link from any page.  At the bottom of the Photo Gallery Index is the link YOUR PERSONAL GALLERY.  Click on that link and your personal photo gallery will be created.");
$faq[] = array("Which photo galleries can I upload photos to?", "Registered users can upload photos to any of the public photo galleries and to the users personal photo gallery.");
$faq[] = array("What is the maxiumum photo file size I can upload?", "For the philmontforum.com forum, the maximum photo file size to upload is 250K.  If your files are larger than that you will need to resize your image files before uploading.  Generally, sizing the photo with the longest side at 600 pixels will make a file size small enough to upload.  Irfanview is a good free utility to resize image files.");
$faq[] = array("How many photo image files can I upload at one time?", "If you are uploading single image files, you are allowed to upload 10 photo images at a time.  Remember each image's size must be less than the maximum file size allowed.  You can also upload photos in a .zip file.  Again, each file must be smaller than the maxiumum size, and the total size of the zip file must be less than 2 megabytes.");
$faq[] = array("How do I upload photos into the galleries?", "Navigate to the photo gallery you wish to upload a photo to, then click on the UPLOAD PIC button.  The upload pic page will open.  Assign the image a name and add a brief description if desired.  Hit the BROWSE button to open an explorer window and click on the image file you wish to upload.  If you wish to upload multiple files, hit the ADD FILE UPLOAD FIELD link and another file upload field will appear.  Once you have selected your file(s) to upload you can select the photo gallery to place them in, then hit the submit button.  You will be told if your file upload was successful or not.");
$faq[] = array("How do I upload photos while posting a message?", "While posting a message, if you have a photo you wish to attach, click on the UPLOAD A PICTURE TO A PHOTO GALLERY AND INCLUDE IN THIS POST link below the message typing field.  An upload pop-up will open.  Follow the same directions as those for uploading to a photo gallery.  Once finished the BBCode placing that photo in your post will appear in the message typing field.  You can attach multiple photos to one post.");
$faq[] = array("How do I include a photo already in a photo gallery in a post?", "Locate the desired photo's PIC ID - this is located in the information below the picture in its gallery.  In your post use the BBCode [albumimg]###[/albumimg]  where ### is the PIC ID to insert your picture into the post.  This BBCode is provided on the photo's view page for you to copy and paste into your post if desired");
$faq[] = array("What other BBCodes are available for posting photos, and what do they do?", "[fullalbumimg]PIC ID[/fullalbumimg] (Mid Thumb Image), [albumimg]Picture ID[/albumimg] (Full Size Image), [albumimgl]Picture ID[/albumimgl] (Left Alignment), [albumimgr]Picture ID[/albumimgr] (Right Alignment), [albumimgc]Picture ID[/albumimgc] (Center Alignment)");

Shane

shaneSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

This is great that you are taking this on yourself and I am sure will be very useful to most of your users..... :thumb:

I have found from past experiences that for some users when the letters A, F, & Q are placed together as FAQ, they apparently become invisible... as I'm always getting questions such as "How do I ...., Why can't I..., etc"
Maybe I should try QFA.  

ArtieSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Any update on this?

Pete_ZSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Update on what?

You need just to copy the code in your lang_faq.php

Sorry for not having answered before shane, but you did a great job and I have added these FAQ to Icy Phoenix as well.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List