Icy Phoenix

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. 
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: FAP Nuke Port 

I know this is an old topic but I have a nuke issue and wandered if either the OP or anyone could give me a pointer

I have this ported over and seemingly working fine for everything except one thing which is users creating sub categories in their personal galleries

If they enter in the name of a new category and click the add new category button it redirects to another page but shows a message saying Module not found, the url format is correct and if i copy and paste that url into another browser tab direct it works so I am at a loss how to figure out what the issue is

the url is as follows:-

h**p://***.mysite.com/modules.php?n..._id=5&user_id=2

the cat id is correct as is the username, by using a tool to capture headers and posted vars I can see the following:-
POSTDATA=name%5B5%5D=test2&addcategory%5B5%5D=Create+New+Album&mode=new

any help would be hugely appreciated as this has me stumped so far !

fuzioneerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

I don't know what else to say other than "You have to be kidding that this stuff is supported here any more"?

And you post a link to anything other than what has anything to with your question.  

And to the MODS and ADMIN'S

This thread is over three years old and if anything should either be locked or deleted.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Well I can imagine the module not being created or activated in ACP, but Mort is right to say that chances are slim someone is willing to dive back into this history.

Welcome to the forum BTW Fuzioneer

Greetings,
...Joshua203

@Mort, I'm not locking this unless MG tells me to

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

brouhon wrote: [View Post]
Hi ppl,
ive released the FAP for the official Nuke-evolution 2.10 final.

c ya

Download under www.evilfredx.de
but you have to be quick because as of 17.09.2010
i will stop cause of me being sick and not being able to work on my computer any more

c ya

The point that I was making is that this thread started about six years ago and the prime-mover of the thread stated back in in 2010 that he/she would not be able to work on their computer any more?

In the meantime nearly all of the links are DEAD with the exception of this very colourful link -  http://brouhon.kilu.de/

And that Icy phoenix has - like phpBB3 has moved so far away from the code that phpNuke uses, and the fact that Icy Phoenix itself is absolutely struggling to get its own "Used to be MOD writers" to do anything much any more that only the NUKE die-hards would consider going to back to something that was put up years ago for consideration when in reality it has little resemblance to Icy Phoenix and its current programming format.

But I could be wrong as usual whereby some people are prepared to spend their time supporting anything other than Icy Phoenix, where their support is needed the most.

Or that these old or even recent NON-Icy Phoenix requests for support on anything other than Icy Phoenix still exist.

As the KuKa once said - This forum needs a "clean up" and of which is something that was never put into practice....

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I'm not really pro-delete or locking in this case, the more info the better (even very old), maybe a flag ABANDONED would be nice or like we do it in the icy section ...OLD TOPICS.. would be nice.

If Locked, I'm just not the right person to make that descission IMHO.

Have a nice weekend

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
Maybe a flag ABANDONED would be nice or like we do it in the icy section ...OLD TOPICS.. would be nice.

Or maybe scrap the whole lot of these threads and posts that refer to anything other than Icy Phoenix or MG's phpBB3 themes support. And get rid of the "Heart Balm" and "Dear Abbey I'm having problems with this or that attitude" which has no bearing on any of the purposes that Icy officially stands for or supports"?

And this thread is a good example of where the only "live" links go to somewhere that doesn't use Icy Phoenix and appears to me to be nothing else but spam by stealth rather than a genuine request of any description for some sort of help with Icy Phoenix.

But! . . . . . . ?

Quote:
Have a nice weekend

You too mate.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

wasn't trying to spam links, in fact the opposite wasn't giving away my site hence the mysite.com link

So does anyone anywhere support FAP anymore ?

If not does anyone know of anyone who is up to speed with a nuke site (My own site is a derivative of nuke (Nuke Platinum 7.6) that collapsed and so we are on our own on that aspect also ?

The site itself is forked massively anyway but I am just at a loss about what exactly could be causing the issue, normally have been able to hack, debug and echo code around to find out issues with older addons but hasn't worked with this particular issue  

fuzioneerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

fuzioneer wrote: [View Post]

If not does anyone know of anyone who is up to speed with a nuke site (My own site is a derivative of nuke (Nuke Platinum 7.6) that collapsed and so we are on our own on that aspect also ?

Yeah well, those sort of problems do arise with GPL sites/software from time to time where everyone loses interest in them for one reason or another.

But unless you can post a link to anything that you are doing in trying to convert "Nuke" to Icy Phoenix or something different that is phpBB3 associated then I personally see little purpose in your questions?

If "Nuke" itself has collapsed, then I also see little purpose in you hunting around looking for help to resurrect something that is dead just because you personally want to continue to use it.

Icy Phoenix may be based on phpBB - But the code/scripts that are used by IP don't resemble "Nuke" or the "original" phpBB2/3 code that it claims to be based on?

No doubt, if you want to switch to Icy Phoenix - MG would be more than likely be willing to help you to do it - And would be the only person here capable of doing it if he accepts the challenge.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Welcome fuzioneer, as mort stated it will be very tough you can get some help on Nuke here.

I tried to work on Nuke a lot of time ago (I mean 5/6 years!) but I didn't like it... this is another reason why I created Icy Phoenix.

The only thing we can try to help you is in converting Nuke to Icy Phoenix which also has an updated version of "FAP".

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List